Achievement Discussion

Super Hang-On's achievements are stupidly easy. :(

Even the toughest one (Which isn't very hard I have to add), which is to win a race, is ruined since abusing the save state system is allowed.

With 400 achievement points available to use and up to 30 achievements available, there's no excuse for these Sega compilations to not feature something resembling a full slate of achievements for each game.

Could've had 8 achievements for 100 points for each game for a nice even spread of 24 achievements and 300 points. And the 25th achievement could've been a 100 point achievement for finishing Revenge of Shinobi, all 4 courses of Super Hang-On, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World on default difficulties.

Instead the achievements very clearly were an afterthought with very little care invested in them.

Edited by Atariboy

Run 4 races and select a different song each time. You don't need to reach the end goal to have it count if you run out of time.

Seen someone else say at this forum that you can just back out after the race starts and it counts.

This is something special though. I would hope people aren't so blindsighted about collecting some easy achievements that they don't stop and try to enjoy this game. It's something Sega fans have wanted an arcade perfect conversion of for a quarter of a century. It's worth spending more than 20 minutes with.

Running four races and listening to each song should hardly be a chore and or something necesitating asking for advice for shortcuts. I would hope people will end up playing each track many more times than that until they at the very least reach the goal on each of the 4 routes.

Edited by Atariboy

• 5 months later...

Oh I was dreading trying to get the achievements for this collection, especially when I saw the ones for completing revenge of shinobi and alex kidd. Finally games like these i could never complete as a kid, but thanks to hard storage and the ability to save I have finally completed two classics.

I also want to thank the people for the tips and tricks, helped me out massively.:woop: