Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 2 months later...
Me and a teammate noticed that you can earn achievements in co-op, but most only seem to unlock for the host of the match.

Interesting. Was this online or local? I beat the game local co-op and we both got achievements. Also, the COMBAT ACE unlocked for both of us even though we were both short of 2 miilion points. So it seems to total the scores and use that value.

I did play a live match prior to this and I unlocked some, but we never finished the game.

Interesting. Was this online or local? I beat the game local co-op and we both got achievements. Also, the COMBAT ACE unlocked for both of us even though we were both short of 2 miilion points. So it seems to total the scores and use that value.

I did play a live match prior to this and I unlocked some, but we never finished the game.

It was over Live, me hosting. We both got the 90% one or whatever it was the first time we played. But when we finally finished the game, I got the achievement for getting 200k and also for beating it using the Mosquito, he got jack. I got the Lightning one single player. Then we beat it again online and again with me hosting, I got the Shinden one. He got nothing. So he hosted, we beat it and he got the 200k and the Mosquito one.

I'll have to try and get my g/f some practice so we can try the local co-op and see if anything will unlock. I'll update if I find out anything.

But so far, I can confirm that beating the game only unlocked the end-game achievements for the host.

I can also confirm that only the Host of a co-op game will get the achievements. So for achievements like beating the game with the Shinden, expect to have to beat it on easy playing co-op with someone and make sure you're the host of the game.

Beating the game with the shinden in a solo game is quite difficult, even on the easiest setting. The other 2 planes aren't too bad, although the tank bosses are harder with the slowest plane against its flames attack (it moves quickly)

Hmmm, so maybe it's only online that they don'y unlock. I know it worked offline for us.

Now we just need a few more and hopefully we can 200 this game soon. Going through it a few times helps to learn patterns and what to expect (just like the old days) so I hope it doesn't take to long.

• 2 years later...