It's a simple game, it starts off with a song title and the next poster continues on with another song with one of the same words in the title. This is by song title only, not artist. Example Below.

"Paint It Black" - The Rolling Stones

"Grease Paint and Monkey Brains" - Rob Zombie

"Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters

Original song is Paint It Black, second poster takes Paint from this song and uses it in another song. 3rd poster takes Monkey from the previously posted song and posts Monkey Wrench. Repeating words is fine, like the next post in line can be "Monkey Business" - Skid Row and reuse the same word, in this case being "Monkey". Try not to repeat songs unless it becomes unavoidable.

Easy enough, another forum I frequent has over 8,000 posts in the song title game thread so maybe it will catch on here. I'll start it off in the next post.

EDIT: Words like The, And, Am, I, etc are acceptable but it tends to be a bit more fun to go with different words. Posted this up to answer Nevander's question.

Edited by MabusScarab
Added Information

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Trooper" - Iron Maiden

Behold the Kindred Battle Carcasses Strewn Across the Bloodied Dunes of Gilgamesh Mute in the Frenzied Clamour of Death's Rolling Tongue and Ravenous Bursting Steel - The Meads of Asphodel

The appears three times in the song title and once in the band name. Do I win anything?

Edited by Morbido

Behold the Kindred Battle Carcasses Strewn Across the Bloodied Dunes of Gilgamesh Mute in the Frenzied Clamour of Death's Rolling Tongue and Ravenous Bursting Steel - The Meads of Asphodel

The is in both song and band. Do I win anything?

I was going to post a song with the word 'the' in it, but assumed that word wouldn't count for this game to function correctly.

The is in both song and band. Do I win anything?

haha you get a gold star on your forehead.

"Love Is A Battlefield" - Pat Benatar

(Edited the rules to answer Nev's question, but any word in the song title is fine.)

Edited by MabusScarab