Achievement Discussion

Method

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.

One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.

I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to wrap up. I'm almost done with playthrough #1 (started on hardest difficulty to see if achievements stack), and due to frustrating camera deaths, and enemies ability to damage you during cutscenes when you yourself can't move, I've died more times than I can count already.

Also, be prepared for extremely frustrating boss fights on the hardest difficulty. None are too difficult to beat once you figure out their moveset, but several of them are fought in multiple stages, and a spotty checkpoint system makes you start the fight all over again if you die in a later stage.

Lol, patience man! I made that post like 20 minutes ago. Just beat the final boss and yes, achievements do stack. First playthrough on hardest difficulty yielded 690 achievement points. Would have been more if I was following a collectables guide along with it. Now for wrap-up =D

Done with a collectible guide and reloading saves after choices I think this could be done in 5-10 hours with a single playthrough. Even if forced to 2 playthroughs, 15 hours at the absolute most with cleanup and such. Too bad too, it is actually quite fun. But I was hoping for A LOT more. I like X-Men way more than Batman, but I guess Arkham City will have to scratch my super hero itch, cause this one isn't going to do it.

So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?

So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?

You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps

You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps

oh man is that it? i was wearing a full suit for a while and never thought to hit a different button, thanks. The only other big achievement i dont know how to get is the complete all 15 missions. I got the 10, and only lost one challenge that i wasnt able to restart and get, so im hoping thats the 15th, or else i missed one somewhere and have no idea where it is

There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: [thread=4535884]click here[/thread]. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.

I've gotten a couple Insane combos, I'm using the Dark Matter power and just X X X Y combo into a Phase Shift into another Phase Shift, that gives it to me if there are enough enemies. The VERY 1st time I got it though I used the RT B power on the way to the roof when you get attacked by all the mutant "Colossus" enemies all straight in front of you in a narrow passageway. (Near the end of the game) I hit RT B and took them all out with that and the cheevo popped.

There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: [thread=4535884]click here[/thread]. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.

The only insane combos ive gotten were when i got the ability to turn into that huge rock guy thing lol i call him in and just pound the ground and hit a ton of enemies and ive gotten quite a few insane combos doing that

Anyone know if there are problems unlocking the killing 2000 Purifiers?

I currently have 2314 and no achievement yet.

Edit: Got it at 2388. I wonder why it took forever.

Wow now I have 20 kills on enforcers and the achievement didn't unlock. I wonder if it has something to do with killing with Ultra Power?

2nd EDIT: Okay it unlocked while I was playing the last mission on hard...I was fighting normal enemies, died, and played some more. It just randomly unlocked without me killing any more of that enemy type.

Edited by Tyger7

Does anyone else find it wierd, that there's no achievement for collecting all the dossiers(there's one for 15 but there's 24 overall), finding all the x-genes, collecting all suits, destroying all propaganda( you get one for 25 but there's 36 overall) or at least complete all levels 100% (finding everything). What's the point of the collectibles then??