Friend muted own mic while muting strangers

snipingheadshot

My friend somehow muted his own mic when trying to mute all of the people in the lobby and it now permanently shows his mic as muted in game chat and party chat. I've seen a few threads about it in other forums, but no fixes for it. It's annoying because he doesn't know if his mic is lighting up from talking, music, background noise, etc. He has already tried recovering GT and turning off console, but it didn't fix it. Has this happened to anybody else, and has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Edited by snipingheadshot

#1 wrong forum

#2 Never heard of muting oneself

#3 try muting himself the way he did before, maybe doing it twice will reverse it

Happened in Gears of War 3. Right forum.

Read other posts in thread.

He's tried recovering GT and muting strangers again, but no luck.

hey mods can we move this thread to the tech section please? txs

Happened in Gears of War 3. Nice post count boost, by the way.

Happened in Gears of War 3. Right forum.

Read other posts in thread.

He's tried recovering GT and muting strangers again, but no luck.

I was saying there was probably a forum where people have had this discussion before. Not to say they have, and I wasn't hating on you for posting here.

What other posts? I was the first to reply to it.

So, his mic is showing but no one can hear him? How is his mic lighting up if he is muted?

Try tweeting someone from epic :p

What other posts? I was the first to reply to it

So, his mic is showing but no one can hear him? How is his mic lighting up if he is muted?

You said you've never heard of it. There were a few people that posted that said that it had happened to them.

His mic shows as muted, as if he had muted somebody else, but everyone can hear him. He can't see his own mic lighting up, because on his screen, it shows as muted. It's annoying because he can't tell if his music is getting picked up by his mic.