Vidmaster Challenge: Classic

RenovatioCogito

I ended up getting this on Uplift Reserve: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQT7xEKKrM0]YouTube - Halo 3 ODST Vidmaster Classic Achievement Guide[/ame]

4 players, easy :)

Achievement requires that you play Solo.

Edited by optics

Are we sure that melee attacks break this achievement as well? I assumed they'd be fine - "no shots fired or grenades thrown" seems to imply that a swift beat down to a grunt's face ought to be fine...

Reason I ask is that I've just rocked through the final mission - solo, legendary, etc - without firing a gun, but no achievement popped. Either you're correct, and melee attacks are an achievement breaker; or kills that Buck earns in the back of my hog count against me - I certainly score points as if the kills were mine.

Just like to be clear on this. I'm sure I can get it fairly easily the way the video suggests; really, I'd just like to know what I did wrong.

Q. I just played all the way through the Highway level and didn’t fire a shot. Did I get the achievement? No. No I didn’t. Now I hate you. What do you have to say for yourself?

A. Honk? No seriously, don’t honk the horn. It counts as a trigger pull. Sure, you’re not firing, but you’re launching an assault on everyone’s eardrums.

This might be what's stopping some people.