Achievement Discussion

Method

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably jumping the gun here, but I hope we don't see too many Pro achievements. I'm going to be getting all the Pro accessories as soon as my budget allows, but I don't think it's right to require people to buy at least $300 worth of instruments for 15G. If anything, a "Beat any song on any Pro instrument" and a "100% any song with any Pro instrument" would be ideal, since I expect a lot of people to go out and buy at least the keyboard.

I bet we see at least 6 achievements for Pro Mode. "Finish a song in Pro-Mode on X instrument." for the 5 instruments and at least 1 100% or "Gold Star on Expert Pro Mode" achievement. Possibly a Pro-Mode Harmonies achieve, a Pro-Mode tutorials/beat trainer achieve and a complete the tour in Pro-Mode achieve. Also look forward to Pro-Mode Challenges complete with potential achieves.

I don't know if we'll get all of those, but I can pretty much gaurantee you won't be able to 1K the game without playing every instrument in Pro-mode.

HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do. And even though EA has gotten a lot less "evil" lately, they still LOVE money and I know they want you to buy the peripherals. Why go to the expense of developing and producing Pro-Mode accessories if they aren't going to try and sell them?

Edited by TwistedFate

I agree, especially with (supposedly?) no "special edition" with all pro instruments at launch, which would be expensive anyway. Then again I'm making assumptions based on what's being bundled and what's only available separately.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a couple keyboard-specific achievements, too.

HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore nearly as much as you do. And even though EA has gotten a lot less "evil" lately, they still LOVE money and I know they want you to buy the peripherals. Why go to the expense of developing and producing Pro-Mode accessories if they aren't going to try and sell them?

Harmonix has usually kept the achievements pretty, you know, achievable. Maybe two achievements per game that I will never get without some trial and error (though that's just me).

Still, I won't be surprised if they include the achievements either. Like I said, I won't be getting them right away, but I still plan on getting them all eventually. It won't matter to me in the end, but it just seems like way too much to expect for such little return.

Harmonix has usually kept the achievements pretty, you know, achievable.

Really? Have you forgotten that they required you to buy their guitar for the Solo Button achievement? Or maybe you overlooked the fact that they required you to buy a drum set for the drum achievement?

but it just seems like way too much to expect for such little return.

If the only value you see added is a few measly points added to a number that nobody but you cares about, then you have a perspective issue. Like I said, HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore. They care about putting about a good product that you WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JOY OF PLAYING IT, not just because it pads your ePeen.

They don't expect you to buy the instruments for the achievements, nobody would think that, because it's ridiculous to think that people will pay so much for something so meaningless. They expect you to buy them to enhance their product. The achievement is just a small reward. Remember kids, Achievements = Reward for gaming. Achievements != Reason for gaming.

Edited by TwistedFate

Really? Have you forgotten that they required you to buy their guitar for the Solo Button achievement? Or maybe you overlooked the fact that they required you to buy a drum set for the drum achievement?

If the only value you see added is a few measly points added to a number that nobody but you cares about, then you have a perspective issue. Like I said, HMX doesn't care about your GamerScore. They care about putting about a good product that you WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JOY OF PLAYING IT, not just because it pads your ePeen.

They don't expect you to buy the instruments for the achievements, nobody would think that, because it's ridiculous to think that people will pay so much for something so meaningless. They expect you to buy them to enhance their product. The achievement is just a small reward. Remember kids, Achievements = Reward for gaming. Achievements != Reason for gaming.

I may have phrased my last few posts incorrectly. I know what you're saying, though, and I have to agree (mostly because it's hard to argue fact).

I may have phrased my last few posts incorrectly. I know what you're saying, though, and I have to agree (mostly because it's hard to argue fact).

Well, I did get that you, personally, aren't doing it JUST for the achievements, but I pounced on a few places where you misspoke because it's a pet peeve of mine when people send the message that achievements are the only thing of value in a game. It's hard to talk about achievements on this site without coming across that way sometimes, though.

Well, I did get that you, personally, aren't doing it JUST for the achievements, but I pounced on a few places where you misspoke because it's a pet peeve of mine when people send the message that achievements are the only thing of value in a game. It's hard to talk about achievements on this site without coming across that way sometimes, though.

Understandably.

Personally, I'm all about those gamer points, but being able to say that I can now play The Hardest Button to Button, Roundabout, and Rainbow in the Dark on a real guitar and a real bass (all while getting these gamer points) is probably the best part about this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how the site gets the achievements?Im hearing the RB3 achievement list might be fake....

Well the x360a moderators do a lot of looking into it after receiving a tip, they sometimes wait up to a week to be certain and confirm the list so i highly doubt that.

OT: They only achievements on here that piss me off are the pro bass ones because i play bass and think i could easily get them but they are only making a pro guitar and my fingers can't strum on 4 of 6 tiny strings i need my fat bass strings to grip!

Well the x360a moderators do a lot of looking into it after receiving a tip, they sometimes wait up to a week to be certain and confirm the list so i highly doubt that.

OT: They only achievements on here that piss me off are the pro bass ones because i play bass and think i could easily get them but they are only making a pro guitar and my fingers can't strum on 4 of 6 tiny strings i need my fat bass strings to grip!

I hear you 110% mate. I'm a bass player too in real life and I'm not sure playing bass on 6 thin strings is going to cut it. If they bring out a compatable bass guitar or a lead to hook a real one up I'll be over it like flies on shit.

Must admit, the list as a whole is very poor due to it's reliance on buying DLC to max out. Doesn't affect me or lot's of other RB fans in the slightest but it will piss a lot of people off and I personally don't like the trend that's starting.

The total comes up to 1250, and the DLC achievements come up to 250, so they're not needed for a full 1000. It's a nice bonus to those of us who have DLC and play it often, and it won't cost anything to play all the free songs. So they're really no different than other games that have DLC achievements.

I rather like this list. I hope it's real.

List is decidedly fake. There's no new artwork, RB2 artwork is used in a third of the achievements, there are RB1 tutorial pictures in achievements, it's literally impossible to get over 12 million points in a song, video games, by rule of Microsoft, are NOT allowed to start a game on-disc with over 1000 gamerscore, and there's no mention of the spiritual successor of the bladder of steel, which has been mentioned before by Dan Teasdale, lead designer of the game

So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake

List is decidedly fake. There's no new artwork, RB2 artwork is used in a third of the achievements, there are RB1 tutorial pictures in achievements, it's literally impossible to get over 12 million points in a song, video games, by rule of Microsoft, are NOT allowed to start a game on-disc with over 1000 gamerscore, and there's no mention of the spiritual successor of the bladder of steel, which has been mentioned before by Dan Teasdale, lead designer of the game

So, yeah. Argue against me all you want and then disappear from the argument when it turns out to be fake

first off, i know who you are from the rock band forums and i'm not trying to pick a fight here, i'm playing devil's advocate.

art: from what we've seen of rock band 3, there is no art, it's all your characters and the overshell, if anything the reused art (the tiger, elephant, and dlc truck driver guys) have all been staples of the series, like how there's a lego tiger in lego rock band so it's not too ridiculous to be reusing that stuff.

starting over 1000: like someone said up there, this site is really reliable when it comes to getting the achievement lists, and they're more than often not the first to put them up because they go out of the way to confirm its legitimacy. it could've been up for a while at 1000 and since they haven't gone beyond 1000 in other games microsoft knows they have a ton of dlc for the platform so they must've given to 'go ahead'

bladder ach: there's nothing directly stated in this list, but there's a few in here that easily could be, like the ones that need every spade thing. we don't know how hard those are and how long these sets are, some need 90 stars so they're up there. who knows maybe there's a spade for not failing or something

and for the 12 mil: i highly doubt that means in one song, if anything it's combined on disc scores or a set that's battle of the bands esque where the score keeps compiling through the songs, plus it's a reference to alex rigopulos.

anyway those are my counterpoints

Counterpoints:

- are you insane? no new artwork? point to me ONE achievement that has no new artwork for it.

- the game does NOT have 1000 gamerscore on disc. there are 1000 on disc, and 250 which can only be obtained if you download content.

- it does not say "12 million in one song", it simply says 12 million. maybe that means 12 million career score, maybe that means you can get 12 million in one setlist, or something else. or maybe they changed the scoring system (as they said they have increased score bonuses for pro instruments), or maybe playing with 5 instruments + 2 vocal harmonists makes it possible to get 12 million points!

- you don't even know what the road challenges are. maybe one of them has a "bladder of steel"-esque requirement.

i'm not saying that the list is 100% real, but to be so sure that it's not when you have NO idea is just arrogant.

edit: darn toops beat me to it

edit: darn toops beat me to it
haha sorry. but to clarify i think for art heyriles was talking about stock images used in the achievements pictures not the achievement pictures themselves, which are obviously new, but the things they used to make them mostly aren't

Yeah I was talking about how a lot of the achievements use the RB2 art (the tiger, for instance, is RB2 artwork, and therefore would be silly to be used in RB3 since all the games have got their own separate achievement artwork). I don't see any achievements in there that even alludes to any new artwork in RB3. They used the icon for Jet Setter for two achievements, even. Frankly, I would be very surprised if there wasn't an achievement icon with the new Spades feature. If you can show me an achievement with any new artwork that would be used in RB3 (like the skulls in RB2 achievements), then by all means, show me

12 million points isn't possible in a single song, since vocals won't be scored when all four other instruments are being played, and the keyboard will have a decidedly lower score than vocals - vocals always has the highest score for a band. It could be in a career, but it would have specifically stated it was in a career mode

For artwork again, I can point you to several without new artwork:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UP-qIl0=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UPuoMTc=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UPjwOd4=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UPha+Q0=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UP4549I=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UP-ZG0E=.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1388/UPp78Lg=.jpg

And that's not even all of them, heh

Other things to consider involve why there aren't any achievements mentioning online play, such as RB1 and RB2. There's also going to be more to the game than just the small challenges - there isn't a single mention of the world tour mode anywhere, so there's no reason to even play it*

I do have an idea that it's fake, and that's why I say it's fake. There's nothing arrogant about it. In fact, it's more arrogant to believe this site is always right all the time. I always passed my tests, but then I failed a test

*EDIT: Aside from Endless Setlist III. But all the other games (LEGO included) have additional achievements to its World Tour

Edited by HeyRiles

The only problem I have with the DLC achievements is that some require you to have a certain song. Looks like for the full 1250 you'll have to buy "The Perfect Drug", any Queen song, any Boston song, 3 Harmonix Band songs, a few songs with Dave Grohl (depending on what the finalized RB3 setlist is) and at least 20 DLC (which I'm sure most of us have anyway so this one doesn't bother me.)

The problem I see with these is that music is based on personal taste and, (even though no one's forcing anyone to buy the DLC to get a few Gamerscore), DLC achievements for music games should have been all like the ones that let you play any DLC song, or none at all.

On a side note, how funny is it that the achievement 'Play a Real Guitar Already!' is for Pro Guitar on a White Stripes song?

I can pretty much promise you that list ain't fake unless it April the 1st and nobody told me. In the years I've been here, I've never known a "fake" list posted on this site ever. I'll be happy to admit if I'm wrong but I am almost certain that the person calling it fake will be the one who has to take things back.

This is definitely not a typical Rock Band achievement list, like Riles said. There's only a handful of suspicions, but that's still a handful too many.

One achievement I definitely won't have or want to have is the Dave Grohl Band achievement, I have none of his shitty bands' songs as DLC and I also deleted the Foo Fighters song I exported from Rock Band 1, so yeah, goodbye 1250. And I pray that there aren't 5 songs from his bands on disc.

If you've exported Lego and if you plan on exporting Rock Band 2, you'll have Everlong, Breakout, Drain You, In Bloom, Go with the Flow, and Dead End Friends.

I don't know where the hate is coming from.