A little disappointed...

Ninja Sharingan

Ok, so I've played and enjoyed every single game thats come out of Suda 51's strangely disturbed brain and was highly looking forward to K.i.D, but at the moment its not on par.. Don't get me wrong, it has some nice touches, question is to anyone that has completed it, does it get better and do the minor bugs eg the f@!&ing camera become bearable to enjoy. Im onto chapter 5, first 2 we're the shortest most uninteresting levels I have ever played! Someone please tell me its worth bearing with, I really want to enjoy this game!!

I really want to enjoy this game!!

You simply might not.

Different people like different things and just because it's got a "Suda 51" certificate doesn't mean that you 'have' to enjoy it.

If he made the same thing over and over he'd have been poached by EA or Activision by now.

I'm something like seven chapters in and am liking it but nowhere near as much as I would've hoped. I was expecting something on the level of No More Heroes or Killer7 which was my mistake. Some of the cutscenes are stylish enough and the combat can be really fun, but something about it lacks the personality of the aforementioned Suda games. I think it lies with Mondo being such a generic character. Travis and the Killer7 assassins (even characters from more recent Grasshopper games) were infinitely more interesting than Mondo.

The first half of the game is nothing special and horrible for a Suda's game, in particular during the first playthrough where you have no combos, skills yet (à la Lollipop Chainsaw). I started to like the game at the Japanese Stage (EP7) and I've enjoyed it until the end. I've just finished a second playthrough on Hard and had a much much better experience overall.

I would say to anyone like me that was deceived to give some time. Killer7, NMH, Shadow of the Damned and Lollipop are some of the best and orginal titles I played in my life so I expected as much of Killer is dead.

The story is good but not unbelievable.

The gameplay is great when you get used to.

The graphics and the soundtrack are amazing.

For me, the 60 bucks limited edition was well worth it. I've read a lot of reviews saying this game makes no sense, was sexism, a waste of money and on and on. Again, this game is NOT for everyone just like I don't see the point to buy year after year the same rehash sport game at 60 bucks.

I knew they don't made great games since No More Heroes series on Wii and before Wii U launched Suda said might bring No More Heroes 3 for Wii U in future.

I really hope they awake and take time in developing game and they bought 3 new IP games in yearly released since Shadow of the Damned. So I guess they rushed and making them and this why Shadow of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead failed to meet from what No More Heroes series and Killer7 being great. My favourite is No More Heroes 2 from Suda. :)

Let hope next new title IP or No More Heroes 3 going be epic in future. :)

Edited by cheevo360

The game became really addictive on the second playthrough, as you will unlock all upgrades and techniques. Then it will require more skill and sometimes, it feels like you're playing a Bayonetta BEA-like. It's a lot more enjoyable than Lollipop Chainsaw to me. The story gets nicer around chapter 10.

It's a great Suda Goichi game, don't judge it too early, finish it once, then continue on a harder playthrough, it will reveals it's full potential then. ;)

(sorry for the bad English)

Honestly I enjoyed this game quite a bit. Yeah, theres a lot of sexism, but its really just pretty damn funny. To be offended by it is, well, completely silly. It seems at least half of the reviews, especially negative ones, took off major points for the "sexism" of the gigolo game and stuff.

However, while sometimes it was frustrating, the combat was a lot of fun. Only thing it REALLY needed was a lockon mechanic. No lockon makes the target missions a real hassle.

Its story is pretty incoherent but its still mighty fun in its craziness. I have to admit I still have no idea what the tagline Killer is Dead is supposed to mean lol. Especially when he says it before every job. Mondos alright. It's the art i probably love the most, its just a wonderful change of pace that more games really should branch out into. At the very least, the VERY least, this game has style that so many other titles completely lack.

I've heard comments like these on practically every gaming site. It seems like this is one of the most disappointing Suda51 games to date.

I ended up cancelling my pre-order because of this. I think I'll pick it up after the inevitable price drop.

You should always play first before you go ahead and do some drastic, people like you make me sick

I feel most of you or most of the gaming community shuns this game because of the "reviews". Gaming died years ago when feminazis and gurl gam3rs came into the mix, also dont forget paid reviews, people want the same old copy and paste, but when something fun is out, people will go against, just as many did with dragon's crown

You should always play first before you go ahead and do some drastic, people like you make me sick

I feel most of you or most of the gaming community shuns this game because of the "reviews". Gaming died years ago when feminazis and gurl gam3rs came into the mix, also dont forget paid reviews, people want the same old copy and paste, but when something fun is out, people will go against, just as many did with dragon's crown

I cancelled my reservation because I didn't want to spend full price on a mediocre title. I guess that makes me a horrible person. :rolleyes:

Female gamers did not ruin games. You can blame the industry for that.

Go fuck yourself.

Edited by Inebriated Jedi

I cancelled my reservation because I didn't want to spend full price on a mediocre title. I guess that makes me a horrible person. :rolleyes:

Go fuck yourself.

Females ruined games when they knew men would rather play vidya then to hear stupid shit so when big bang theory came out, they got empowered, 19th amendment went really downhill

Go fuck yourself.

Also just saying why do you feel the need to comment on the forums for a game you dont even own and look down upon, to get attention?

I think it must be. Either that, or he has severe "mommy" issues. Let me guess Lolli, you think all women should stay in the kitchen, correct?

Nah, I believe that if you dont like something you ignore it and not bash it while seeking attention, man or women, I didnt even know the person I answered to was a female

Hey you are fine. I can see no problem with players for their opinions and choice what they think and they like to get games. I don't understand why some trolls want bashed on other who not getting game or wait price drop.

Trolls alway around the corner lol

and my opinion was, dont bash a game and go on a forum about it