How to fix the "reset" glitch!

Kunduz

If you're reading this you probably ran into the same problem as I did. You played loads of The Darkness multiplayer matches, until one day everything "fucking" reseted to zero. So you had to start everything from the beginning. Well, then here is a quick fix:

*Host a ordinary player deathmatch with shapeshifters, on the map DM-Death.

*Start the server.

*Let another player join(only one is necessary).

*Get at least one kill.

*Have the other player(s) leave the game.

*Win the game.

*Go back to main menu.

It's kinda weird but it actually works, and then everything should be back to normal. The amount of multiplayer matches played, extra content unlocked and your saved single player game should be back.

If player match doesn't work, try hosting a ranked one.

Note:

If you accept the invite while you are on the dashboard, you will be put straight into the game lobby WITHOUT your profile with achievements being loaded.

So make sure you're in the game's menu prior to accepting any invites

Hope this helps.

Edited by Kunduz

• 2 months later...

I personally lost 175 matches and my singleplayer progress. Then this solution randomly occured, and all my progress was back. Another player(I can't rember GT sorry :p) which I was boosting with, also lost all his progress. I told him to do use this "fix" and it worked for him too....

did you also lose your singleplayer progress? Then this might work, otherwise not :p.

I know it's an odd fix, I just accidently bumped in to this solution while playing. Since it worked for me, I thought I would share it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the unfortunate pleasure of the 0% problem.

If like me you are just trying to get the final big (play 50/100/250 times) achievements, DO NOT accept an Invite to play if you are NOT already in the game. Make sure you go into the game manually (Pressing Start and seeing the 'Loading, Do not turn off Xbox' message) and have your profile loaded up first before accepting the game. If you accept the invite while you are on the dashboard, you will be put straight into the game lobby WITHOUT your profile with achievements being loaded.

I found this out after a 4-hour session, by going into the Extra Content and only seeing ACHIEVEMENTS and CREDITS (none of the unlockables were there). I then looked at my stats and only seen 54%. Leaving the Xbox alone for a while in the menu, it then automatically starts The Darkness intro. I pressed a button to skip, then had to Press Start again. The Loading message appeared, I checked my stats again...this time it said 49% (My original known amount).

So the main thing to remember is, always load up and go into the games main menu first, before accepting any invites.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
I just had the unfortunate pleasure of the 0% problem.

If like me you are just trying to get the final big (play 50/100/250 times) achievements, DO NOT accept an Invite to play if you are NOT already in the game. Make sure you go into the game manually (Pressing Start and seeing the 'Loading, Do not turn off Xbox' message) and have your profile loaded up first before accepting the game. If you accept the invite while you are on the dashboard, you will be put straight into the game lobby WITHOUT your profile with achievements being loaded.

I found this out after a 4-hour session, by going into the Extra Content and only seeing ACHIEVEMENTS and CREDITS (none of the unlockables were there). I then looked at my stats and only seen 54%. Leaving the Xbox alone for a while in the menu, it then automatically starts The Darkness intro. I pressed a button to skip, then had to Press Start again. The Loading message appeared, I checked my stats again...this time it said 49% (My original known amount).

So the main thing to remember is, always load up and go into the games main menu first, before accepting any invites.

I second this... 4 hour session last night all came to nothing, as I didn't load up normally and press start at the front screen, accepting the invite at the dash, is the kiss of death.

This should be stickied as well... maybe a mod can make that happen? As it will save some people alot of time, and effort.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It doesn't work for me...? All achievements and single player data is gone. I started a match, invite a friend, killed him, then he left, and I won. Did it on both ranked and unranked and still all achievements are at 0%. If I continue playing, even without it going up, will the achievements pop anyways?

It doesn't work for me...? All achievements and single player data is gone. I started a match, invite a friend, killed him, then he left, and I won. Did it on both ranked and unranked and still all achievements are at 0%. If I continue playing, even without it going up, will the achievements pop anyways?
Yes, but since you got reseted you'll have to start from square one again and the game will not take into account any progress you already made so far.

So if you can get the fix to work, it'll return tracking as usual with all your progress intact.

You could try not to invite your friend and make him/her use the quickmatch option instead?

• 3 years later...