Will this have an online pass?

AMATHUS21

Me and one of my friends were going to rent the game as it looks pretty dam awesome, i am just asking if there will be an online pass for it as they don't put them with rented games anymore. I've tried looking but come up empty so will 2K follow this trend or not on xcom?

No word on an online pass. This game doesn't fit the model for an online pass.

I would recommend that at least one of you buy this game. It will have a lot of replay ability and games can draw out for 20+ hours per play with higher difficulties taking longer.

With that aside this franchise needs as many upfront sales as we can give it so that we get sequals down the road. TBS games are a hard sale for modern gamers and if we like what we see we need to support it.

And no I don't work for Firaxsi or 2K.

• 5 weeks later...

I would recommend that at least one of you buy this game. It will have a lot of replay ability and games can draw out for 20+ hours per play with higher difficulties taking longer.

With that aside this franchise needs as many upfront sales as we can give it so that we get sequals down the road. TBS games are a hard sale for modern gamers and if we like what we see we need to support it.

lol that's just what you want us to think but it looks really good anyway:uzi::Bounce:

Well i would agree but after Darksiders 2 having an online pass just to goto the crucible (which u need to do to get the last 3 ach) was a new low and i feel they can now use a pass when there is actually no multiplayer at all such as DS2 did.

Have been considering this game for months now, after reading Game Informers review (score of 9.5), I went out and pre-ordered and paid in full. Tuesday will bring me two awesome new IPs. Cannot wait.

Not to call you out on a technicality, but, well, actually I'm going to: XCOM is a very old IP.

Not to call you out on a technicality, but, well, actually I'm going to: XCOM is a very old IP.

Agreed, however this is the first time it's come to console which I believe the original poster was getting at! Ingot this on preorder oh baby I'm excited lol