Achievement Guide and Roadmap

The BEAst in I

By no continues I was just referring to when you get a game over does that factor into voiding the achievement which it doesn't. Because, somebody asked me about it over Xbox Live so I figured I would just go ahead and clarify on that in case anyone else was wondering.

Now as far as what I meant by Guwange Sama exploding, I was merely referring to how when you fight him and you knock off part of his health. He will sort of explode or light fire, and generally thats when he switches up his attack patterns. I was just theorizing that if a bomb is what causes him to light fire then the achievement is voided, similar to how if you completely destroy him with a bomb it voids the achievement. However, I have not tested this theory, so I do not gaurantee this is the reason. Just thought it seemed like a logical possibility to why some people are having trouble getting the achievement.

Worse comes to worse just don't bomb at all during guwange sama and the achievement should unlock. Believe me guwange sama is much easier to defeat without using bombs then amagisu. Plus if you plan on going for the true diabolical achievement you will have MANY oppurtunities to try for your guwange sama achievement.

As far as difficulty goes I would say:

The 130GS is a joke especially for a shmup (only because of arrange 360 mode though)

150GS requires a bit of skill and may take several attempts

Full 200GS after having acquired it, I would say is about a 8/10 for the average player, because as you said unless you factor in time. Which I would factor in time, seeing as its time you're spending learning the boss' patterns and gaining skill.

I would say to get all 200 in this game takes from 5-25 hours depending highly on player skill level and familiarity with the genre.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would like I can do the guwange sama achieve too.

If you would that that would be awesome. and thank you for so much information.

To submit: post a thread here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Post should look like

True Diabolical Power!

Destroyed Amagisu's final form without taking damage.

50:gsicon:

Here you will provide a link to the colored achievement tiles location.

I'll be glad to get the last 2 achievements. I might change my mind by the time I do get them, but it's not a 9/10 difficulty game (unless you count the time required as a difficulty factor)

When it comes to skill based games such as these time should be considered yes. I think 8 is substantial. I can complete 7s if i put forth effort but 8-10s probably never gonna happen and i dont think I will ever get True diabolcial power. Edited by KillerBEA

The Subjugation of Guwange Sama Achievement Video, without getting damaged and without using bombs. As far as I can gather from this achievement the only way to guarantee it will unlock is by not using bombs. Although it is obtainable by using bombs also because the first time I did it I used a couple bombs. But, I would suggest only using a bomb if it looks like you're gonna take a hit, and even than it might be best to try not to damage the boss too much with the bomb. Seeing as its hard to say for sure what about using bombs can void the achievement.

Also I apalogize for the slightly poor quality video, and also for accidently cutting off most of my health bar at the bottom of the screen (I blame it on having to prop my cell phone against my cereal bowl in order to make it stay). But, you shouldn't really need to see it because it's quite obvious that my character never takes a hit seeing as the character hit noise never sounds nor does the hit animation ever happen, so yeah enjoy.

Also Once again no achievement pops during video becuase I already have the achievement. But, if you replicate what I do in the video yours should unlock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekkIZXLNb0]YouTube - The Subjugation of Guwange Sama Achievement[/ame]

Ok, this applies for your coin achievements and your point achievments because, I notice your guide currently needs some info on those.

At the top left corner of your screen you will notice a row of skulls. Below the skulls is your coin counter which is the number you should be paying attention to for your coin related achievements. Above the row of skulls is your point counter which is what you need to look at for your point related achievements. Ok so as you kill enemies consecutively your skulls will begin to light up. At a certain point they will start flashing gold, when this happens enemies will begin to drop coins. Also when this happens if you hover your shikigami over enemies during this time they will die and every bullet released on screen at that time will turn into coins. Which is why in the later levels you gain coins much faster because there are more enemies and bullets on screen at once. Now this is all well and good but, should you start missing enemies with your shots your skull counter will begin to drop. Should all skulls become unhilighted than your coin counter is reset. Similarly if you die your coin counter is cut in half. Also it is very important not to use bombs unless your skull row is basically maxed. Simply because you cannot increase your skull row whilst using bombs, it only drains. Not saying you can't use them, just proceed with caution.

Points are dependent directly on your coins. Obviously you gain points by killing enemies and whatnot. But, it is important to be aware that the higher your coin counter the faster you will be gaining points. Also there must be some kind of bonus points you can earn for not using a continue because I beat the game once on a seperate account with about 38million but after the end cutscene started playing I unlocked the achievement for 50 million points.

Also it should be noted that if you use a continue all your stats reset including your points.

• 4 weeks later...

Did an overhaul, added some details to the descriptions. Re-added Blades Guwange-sama achievement video (I swore I added it once before).

Did some practice last night, got just shy of 25mil and 10k coin combo

Plan on adding a few more things will I will square most of that away tonight I hope .

Just added the point value for killing the bosses and added a tip about rubber banding the right trigger to keep the shikigami out.

Getting close but not done quite yet!

• 2 weeks later...
Did an overhaul, added some details to the descriptions. Re-added Blades Guwange-sama achievement video (I swore I added it once before).

Did some practice last night, got just shy of 25mil and 10k coin combo

Plan on adding a few more things will I will square most of that away tonight I hope .

Just added the point value for killing the bosses and added a tip about rubber banding the right trigger to keep the shikigami out.

Getting close but not done quite yet!

sorry for my english =[

i buy the game yesterday, and make 130/200 without great dificult, play with gensuke in arrange mode make the game reaaaaaaaaly easy, only "True Diabolical Power!" and "The Subjugation of Guwange-sama!" to 200/200.

I record the replay in a bit

No worries man understood you perfectly.

Just confirming; Gensuke is better then the others?

Didn't think you were still working on the guide...

For the no-hit baby achievement, there's an easy way. You can "orient" the projectiles by standing next to the head. It's just a matter of moving from left to right. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's in my xbox 360 arrange replay of Kosame on the online leaderbords - at around 87 mil.

For me Genuske is better.

I only play a few games per week, and don't think there are any particular (edit for Helg0r :) )tricks for the last boss - just got to keep at it until you get a lucky break...

Edited by MACdanstaface

From my experience it doesn't make that much of a difference which character you choose if you play in Arrange since you will most likely have your spirit deployed the whole time and therefore have no difference in movement speed.

Gensuke's and Shishin's spirit have a more circular damage radius while Kosame's spirit deals damage to a more linear area, thus making her slightly weaker. I would say go with the character, whose hitbox you can measure best (for me that was Shishin).

Just my personal observations... :)

edit: the very last boss indeed has a pattern but it is a little bit vague. Observe the yellow balls closely and you will see that most of the time their trajectories stay roughly the same. What's random is their spin (clockwise/counter-clockwise), so basically you have to find a position where you can react to both cases. Keep at it! :)

Edited by Helg0r

the very last boss indeed has a pattern but it is a little bit vague. Observe the yellow balls closely and you will see that most of the time their trajectories stay roughly the same. What's random is their spin (clockwise/counter-clockwise), so basically you have to find a position where you can react to both cases. Keep at it! :)

I'll give it a shot - I didn't mean the last boss was random - just meant you can't really tell where the yellow balls are going - and the random spin is a pain at times.

After I avoid the first ball, I try to move laterally in the big space between the beads at the bottom of the screen. I've got it by loading a save, so I assume I'll get it eventually if I keep at it. The 25-30 min per try is just a bit of a pain.

BTW: How did you get it? Did you grind it until you get it, or play it casually a few times a week?

EDIT: I didn't realize you got it so fast... Do you have an idea of how many times you tried before you got the achievement?

Edited by MACdanstaface

I started to grind it but soon realized that I wouldn't get it that way if I couldn't come up with a consistent strategy. So I made a save right before the boss and played that part over and over again looking for a pattern and safe-spots. Experimentation with different characters eventually lead to Shishin as my favorite.

However, once I was able to beat the final boss without taking damage I continued to practice that part until I pulled it off three times in a row and then switched back to Arrange mode and got it on the second try. :)

Most of the time in the beginning was 'wasted' though because I didn't know about the no-bomb restriction until one of the Japanese players kindly told me, that's approximately when I started to practice from a savegame :)

I suggest you do the same and start by practicing only that part and once you got it down move on to playing casually.

I started to grind it but soon realized that I wouldn't get it that way if I couldn't come up with a consistent strategy. So I made a save right before the boss and played that part over and over again looking for a pattern and safe-spots. Experimentation with different characters eventually lead to Shishin as my favorite.

However, once I was able to beat the final boss without taking damage I continued to practice that part until I pulled it off three times in a row and then switched back to Arrange mode and got it on the second try. :)

Most of the time in the beginning was 'wasted' though because I didn't know about the no-bomb restriction until one of the Japanese players kindly told me, that's approximately when I started to practice from a savegame :)

I suggest you do the same and start by practicing only that part and once you got it down move on to playing casually.

Thx - but I have to admit I feel stupid... I've been playing for this achievement more seriously since Xmas, but didn't bother with practice as much as I should have (got it once in practice and just went on to arrange mode...)

In 1 hour I can try the boss section as often as 1 month at my current rate of play. I'll post back when I get the achievement;)

Didn't think you were still working on the guide...

Lol its cool man. i play the game so sparatically; but when i do play i am studying the patterns trying to get better; i am practicing for the coin combo achievement. i can get to the great staue without getting hit.

Unless i discover something big i dont add anything and I usually check for anything posted a few times a week

edit: added the practice tip for the subjucation achievement and true diabolical power achievement. plus a few other things.

Edited by KillerBEA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The Great Statue achievement won't work for me because it never appears from the pot. Do I need to use a certain difficulty level to make it appear or play it on original mode?

Nope, there are no difficulty settings except in Practice, though you can do it in any offline mode, just shoot the 3rd statue from the bottom right precisely and you'll get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I beat the game with Shishin and got killed my Guwange-sama.2 in the process, yet got neither achievement. o_O

I just picked the game up on sale, and just did the above with the same results.

When it says clear the game with a certain character, do you have to do it without continuing? I played Arcade offline mode and am confused why no achievement.

• 4 months later...
I just picked the game up on sale, and just did the above with the same results.

When it says clear the game with a certain character, do you have to do it without continuing? I played Arcade offline mode and am confused why no achievement.

You can't save the game and load a save. Maybe that's what you did?