SkullFire58's Gold Star Adventures Guide

SkullFire58

Welcome to my first mini-guide! I haven't seen many guides for adventures, so I decided to write my own. Although earning gold stars on all adventures isn't required for the full 1000 :gsicon:, some people like me still want to achieve 100% in-game. This guide will help you obtain gold stars on all of the adventures, solo!

Update: I'm working on some rough maps of the race adventures, and possibly some others such as the Buzz Lightyear one. They'll take a while, but I will get them done.

Disclaimer: All of the following tactics and strategies were all found on my own. If any of these tactics seem like a copy of someone else's, then that is not my fault. I'm in no way deliberately copying anyone.

Notes:

- You will unlock the Star Command Blaster after completing all base adventures to at least a bronze standard. You can also unlock it in the "Toy Story in Space" play set, although unlocking through adventures is much cheaper. You may want to consider getting this weapon before attempting gold stars.

- The Paintball Gun, found in the "Monsters University" Playset, is a great weapon choice. The Paintball Gun holds a lot of paintballs in one clip, yet they do much less damage than the Star Command Blaster. Then again, the Star Command Blaster also has a much smaller clip than the Paintball Gun, so you should decide on your own which one works for you.

- You can actually make most characters go faster by rapidly tapping :bbut: while moving. You can increase it's efficiency by jumping at the end of the second block-hop, then you'll keep moving, as after the second move it will freeze movement for a second. This doesn't work for all characters. For example, Sully and Buzz move faster while shoulder bashing.

- When I refer to a "Super Omnidroid", I'm talking about the more shiny variant that can block attacks and occasionally fly towards you.

- During the countdown at the beginning of a race, you can repeatedly flick :rtbut: to build up a starting speed boost. This doesn't give you extra boosts for later on, it just gives you some extra speed in the beginning to lose the competition.

- During a battle race, you can hold :ls: down and press :ybut: to fire your weapon backwards.

- Vehicle weapons can be shot at fuel canisters to pick them up from far away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Adventures

------------------

1. Castles & Slingshots

There's not much of a tactic to this one. Just practice with the slingshot, and get used to the physics of the bombs. The eggs usually spawn either in the center cove of the castles, or around the base of them. You'll get this in no time.

2. Sumo

This one is more tricky than most. For the beginning, just run in circles killing enemies until a good weapon spawns. I'd recommend either the Paintball Gun or the Star Command Blaster. Just keep firing away until the royal guards start coming in full force. Once it gets to be about two or three spawning at the same time, just spam ground punches for the rest of the game (:abut: + :ybut:). The blast radius of the ground punches are enough to keep the guards a safe distance away. They may pull out their crossbows, but this should only happen when it gets around 3:30. By then you'll already have gold. Keep an eye on the block underneath you. Quickly jump to another if it starts to disappear.

3. Gladiator Arena

This is probably the hardest adventure to do solo. As soon as the game starts, I'd recommend you equip either the Paintball Gun or the Star Command Blaster. You should also equip the Hoverboard. Now, just ride the Hoverboard around the arena in circles and let auto-aim do it's work. You should also mix up the circular pattern with a figure-eight. You may also have to take sharp turns to hit an enemy that's following you closely. You should be fine until the royal guards start showing up. They will most likely spam their crossbows, but the arrows are so slow they shouldn't be a problem for you Hoverboard. About half way through the second wave, enemies that use flintlocks and blocks will start to spawn. Their bullets fly so fast that it's usually a dead-on hit. At this point you may want occasionally to jump off your Hoverboard and fight on foot. If you do this, just run away from the melee enemies. You can deal with them later. Once into the third wave, Super Omnidroids will start to appear. Believe it or not, you'll want to kill these guys last. They make great allies, because enemies can damage each-other, and can even get mad at one another too. If these guys are shot by their allies, they may kill them for you. Even their attacks towards you can kill other enemies. Once the huge Omnidroids that shoot lasers come out, you'll know you're almost done. Just circle the arena while going behind them, and their lasers should help clear out the cannon fodder. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't have to fight at all, but it makes things much easier. The final group of enemies should consist of two huge Omnidroids, about four Super Omnidroids, and a few random enemies thrown in there. Once it's just Omnidroids, kill the two huge ones, then work on the supers. Once they're dead, the gold star will be yours!

4. Dome Defense

This should be an easy one. Just equip either the Paintball Gun or the Star Command Blaster and you should be fine. Just keep spinning the camera to find which tower is currently spawning the enemies and race over. You may also want to equip the Hoverboard to get over to the towers faster.

5. Battle Race

Personnaly, I hate these races. Racing in a sandbox game is just dissasterous. Expect alot of bouncing and flying around, and possibly some rage. First, remember to use the starting boost as listed in the Notes. Once you start moving, send yourself a little to the right, otherwise your left tire may bump into the starting gate and mess you up. Drift through the first turn, then drift through the second. Don't worry about the rope, it's not solid. Once up the slope, you can either head to the left to get some fuel and grab weapon, or boost and jump over the brown patches. Drift through the next turn, then pick the ramp to the far left. You can easily make the next turn without drifting and still get all the fuel, but you may want to drift just in case. After the next weapon dispenser, turn left and you should be on a straight path. Toward the end of this path you'll see some blue and white striped blocks to the left. You'll have to jump on them, then quickly spam the jump button again to make it to the next step. Follow the turn to the left and drop off the shortcut. Now, jump at the far right edge of the ramp, and you should land on an little platform with a spark capsule. Turn to the far right, drop down, and boost into the finish line. Just be careful not to slow down completely, as it may reset you onto the track. Now, repeat that for the next two laps and you should get gold with seconds to spare!

6. Lap Race

Use the same tactic as above. It's the same track except there aren't any weapons.

7. Battle Race Reverse

It's the same track again, but in reverse. Personally, the track actually runs better in reverse than it does forward. Remember to build up that boost in the beginning! Once you can move, grab the fuel canisters to the left and quickly drift around the turn and up the slope. Keep drifting around the turn until you come to a ramp. Jump off the ramp slightly to the right and you should be able to land on an incline leading to the shortcut. Take the turn to the right and simply drop down the two steps. You can drift along the next two turns, then take any one of the ramps. Drift along the next turn, then either take the right to get some fuel canisters and a weapon, or boost and jump over the brown patches. Head down the slope and drift to the right, then drift along the left. Finally, boost into the finish line! Now, repeat that for the next two laps and the gold will be yours!

8. Lap Race Reverse

Same tactic as above, just without the weapons.

9. Off Road

This track is simple, short, and square. It would be quite easy to gold star this one if it didn't use an aerial view. That's what makes this track hard. Just build up your starter boost like the last four races, and drift on all the turns. There's not much else I can say about this one, just practice until you get used how your vehicle turns. If you see those big red landmines in your path, just jump over them and you should be fine.

Edited by SkullFire58

Character Adventures

-------------------------------

The Incredibles

Mr. Incredible, the Hero

This one is pretty simple. Just use the Paintball Gun and focus mainly on the domes. I recommend the Paintball Gun over the Star Command Blaster only because an entire clip of paintballs can do about 4 points of damage to the domes. You can equip the Hoverboard to easily glide over the auto turrets. During the third dome, I recommend hiding behind the statue, then popping back out after reloading.

(Mrs. Incredible)

???

(Violet)

???

(Dash)

???

(Syndrome)

???

Pirates of the Caribbean

Sparrow's Flight

There's not much tactic to this one, as the collectibles are all random. Just learn where they spawn and use the compass a lot. Be aware that it's easily possible for the next collectible to spawn exactly where the previous one was. You can also use the speedy-block trick listed in the Notes. Just watch out for the spike traps!

Barbossa's Blockade

Make sure you grab the Star Command Blaster when it spawns. Just keep following the compass to find the next batch of enemies. You should also use the speedy block trick listed in the Notes. Make sure you watch for a message at the bottom telling you the Rhino has spawned, as his collectible is worth 5. He usually appears about halfway through the silver star round.

Davy Jones Collects Souls

This one forces you to use the Blunderbuss, personally one of my least favourite weapons. Sure, it does high damage, but if you miss you'll have to wait five seconds for it to reload. Anyway, just use the Blunderbuss when you can, and use your sword while reloading. Also make sure to jump a lot to help avoid those bombs the turtles throw.

Monster's University

Sully's Paintball Brawl

Auto-aim is your friend in this one. Only use manual aim if the enemies are too far away. Make use of the shoulder bash while reloading. It will do some slight damage, and it'll knock them off guard so that they don't shoot you in the meantime. Make sure you make good use of blocking too, if they're too far away to shoulder bash. Also use the blue/yellow compass arrows close to your character to help find enemies.

(Mike Wazowski)

???

(Randall)

???

The Lone Ranger

(Lone Ranger)

???

(Tonto)

???

Cars

(Lighting McQueen)

???

(Holley Shiftwell)

???

(Mater)

???

(Francesco Bernoulli)

???

Toy Story

Buzz Lightyear, Save Me!

(Coming Soon)

Jessie's Critter Corral

There isn't much to this adventure. I'd recommend that you first scale the mountain you spawn in front of on foot, then throw all the critters on the mountain down. Once they're all down, hop on Bullseye and throw them in the pen. One good way to increase productivity is to pick up and throw one heavy critter, then pick up and throw another, then pick up and throw the first critter again, and so on. You can still sprint while carrying a small critter, so make sure you get most of them. Aiming for them only is not the best idea, but definitely pick them up if you come across one. I'd also recommend you hit the silver star with 1:20/1:10 left on the clock.

Woody's Roundup

The trick to this one is to stay big. Once you enter the green goo, make absolutely sure you stay out of the pink goo, and never fall off the map again. Once the race starts, start moving forward and then use sprint. Since Woody has the Star Command Blaster equipped, you may accidentally enter manual targeting mode instead of sprinting, so make sure you have some speed before pulling :ltbut:. The blaster is completely useless if you're fast enough. After the first checkpoint that you can enter, you'll notice a floating walkway to the right of the checkpoint. You can easily jump on it for a shortcut. Next, after heading up the two ramps, you should notice a single platform floating in the air to the left. You should easily make those jumps while sprinting. Continue until there's a pond of pink goo in front of a right turn into a cave. There will be some green goo inside. Step in it to grow bigger, and immediately hop over the pink goo that's after that. After the checkpoint in front of you will be another pond of pink goo for you to jump over. After the next checkpoint at the bottom of the hill, you'll come to two paths. To the right is a jump-able barricade with a puddle of pink goo, and the left is a slope up to a spark capsule which you can then drop down onto the path. There's also a third path to the far left which leads into a cave, though I've found this path to take longer and you can easily mess up in there. I'd recommend you take either of the first two paths. After the two green goo puddles and the checkpoint, take a left, then drop down to the lower path. Once up the slope, continue to ride forward and double jump over the massive gap. This is a major time saver, and can only be done while huge. The rest of the course is simple. Just cross the finish line and repeat everything two more times! My best run was a flawless 2:45, so you should have 15 seconds or so for error.

Toy Box Exclusive

(Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey)

???

Jack's Nightmare

This adventure can get quite tough in the third wave. Thankfully, there's a way to bypass the entire fight! If I didn't start raging and rapidly mashing buttons, I might not have found this. As soon as the game starts, equip the Hoverboard. Now, in front of you will be Town Hall, and to the right of it (your right) you'll see some steep cliff pieces. You can ride your Hoverboard up those cliffs about half-way before getting knocked off the board. Just keep going up the cliffs until you learn when you get knocked off. Now, from your spawning position, hop on your Hoverboard and ride straight forward into the side of the building. You'll ride up the side of the cliff. As soon as you're about to be knocked off, jump. If done correctly, you'll jump right through an opening in the geometry. Hopefully you're still in the air and not falling to your death. If you are still up, make a sharp turn right and you'll see some empty alcoves that you can land on. Hop off the Hoverboard once you're on one of the openings, and you're now safe! Just wait for all the waves to complete and that gold star is yours! You can also explore more of the outside. There's not much, but it gives you something to do. Oddly, there's a Bluff piece with the normal Fairy tail texture out there. After five minutes have passed during the third wave, go ahead and kill yourself to end the game.

Warning: It's rare but possible that a Super Omnidroid or two might fly over the top and come after you. You may want to equip a weapon once you reach that safe zone.

(Anna)

???

(Elsa)

???

(Phineas)

???

(Agent P)

???

(Rapunzel)

???

(Vanellope)

???

(Wreck-It Ralph)

???

I hope this mini-guide helps, and thanks for reading!

Edited by SkullFire58