1. 1. Favorite weapon in MP?

• Gnasher
    • Sawed-off Shotgun
    • Lancer
    • Retro Lancer
    • Hammerburst
    • Classic Hammerburst
    • Markza

The title says it all - what is your´s GoW:J favorite weapon in multiplayer?

The Gears has changed alot and sadly, it´s not only about gnasher.

(info: only normal weapons, not booshka, one-shot, hammer of dawn or any of that stuff)

So vote above and if you want, write something!

By the way, mine is Markza - pretty awesome, if you are really a good at aiming, you can kill a Gnasher guy even at close range - crazy, right?

Edited by GeneralGranko

you still can't beat the feeling you get when winning a gnasher battle. even though things have changed more towards the favor of rifles it's always more satisfying to strafe right up in someones face and then remove said face from the players body.

As for power weapons I am loving the new ones, still can't decide whether the booska or the breechshot is my favorite.

The Protoburst is definitely my favorite in this game, it's a very, very good support gun (maybe even better at it than the Markza), and it can hold it's own when you're in trouble too.

For "fun" value, the pathetic Gears J Sawed Off is hilarious to run around with- praying that both of your blasts connect enough pellets to secure a kill. (2-piecing with it is stilk risky lol)

GOW1 : Gnasher all the way

GOW2 : Gnasher all the way

GOW3 : RETRO for the win (;))

In this one, i was surprise to see my combo of GOW3 was not working anymore(spike the dude, then spray) so i forgot it pretty quick, it shoot pretty much at the same force of a lancer, but with still the terrible recoil(when in GOW3 it was way stronger) and the fact that there is no stopping power now make it not as usefull.

As for the lancer... used it a lot the first 2-3 days, i was like "shit its strong" but eventually i switch back to the gnasher, and now i do the BR combo like most people....

Hammerburst is still a shit weapon(60% of the people using it in GOW3 where modded controllers) especially now with the super recoil, the classic HB is strong but i don't feel confortable using it, again too much recoil and they can always get away. The markza is just crap... i sometimes pick it as a secondary to replace my pistol and score a few kills if guys are battling out my teamate from far away, but no way i would start with that, just crap at close range.

So the big winner remain the gnasher...

For "fun" value, the pathetic Gears J Sawed Off is hilarious to run around with- praying that both of your blasts connect enough pellets to secure a kill. (2-piecing with it is stilk risky lol)

Everytime i try using that gun i end up either shooting my 2 bullets but still have to bash the dude(that so lame) or i get close enough to shoot but end up with an elbow in the face... follow by a shotgun blast. That gun is really usefull only if the guy didn't saw you coming...

And especially now since DBNO is out in TDM... no more down a guy, wait for the teamate to pick him up, and blow the 2 of them... just so shit, im lucky if i can blow one dude with my 2 bullets...

Always Lancer for me! I'm pretty rubbish at MP and normally get blasted to bits by Gnashers for the whole game. However, there's nothing more satisfying then when the other guy misses with the Gnasher and I get in there with the chainsaw! Although that usually opens me up to someone else gibbing me with the Gnasher! Ha ha! Also, I'm quite liking the Markza, very useful on Rig!

Gnasher. The only other weapon I use in multiplayer is the Hammerburst because it's much more ideal to use on the new map. The Gnasher is relatively useless because of how wide and open the map is.

Hammerburst is still a shit weapon(60% of the people using it in GOW3 where modded controllers) especially now with the super recoil, the classic HB is strong but i don't feel confortable using it, again too much recoil and they can always get away.

Hopefully that's an exaggeration. In my thousands of matches played of Gears of War 3 online I only ran into a few people that had a modded controller and used the Hammerburst. You just have to admit that some people have a very fast trigger finger and have the ability to down you very quickly. Personally, I used the Hammerburst quite a lot in Gears of War 3 and have been called out on having a modded controller dozens of times and it's pretty annoying.

.. just so shit, im lucky if i can blow one dude with my 2 bullets...

You might want to rephrase that. :p

The thing is i made the test in private matches.... I barely used the hammerburst on GOW3 online, i hated it, only time i did some kills was when i picked it up to replace an empty power weapon... and im not ashamed to say i boosted this onyx medal mostly in private(500 kills at most done online against real oponents)

So i had the luxury of testing it out against the idiotic bots and all, and i swear even on active reload the gun was never downing as fast as some people downed me online. I made the tests on standing still bots in a private game(no lag possible) and i came to the conclusion that easily 60% of the people using it a lot(not counting the random dudes that pulled it out to gun from far on sandbar or stuff like that) where modded...

There was way on GOW3 to have a controller that ALWAYS active reload, and of course the rapid fire button... Not saying these guys where trash, as obviously they still have to aim for me... but give a decent player a modded hammerburst and it become a beast... as long as he can aim decently. It had also no recoil what so ever in GOW3.

I came to the 60% not by statiscally counting of course, but by seeing MOST of the games i played the guys where either using the retro or lancer, and the rare case i saw the hammerburst outside SandBar, most of the time they where modded... The whole rapid finger is very rare on a legit standard...

Like i said, i tried unloading on a standing still bot, and couldn't come to the full power of a modded counterpart...

And yeah, maybe i didn't express myself the best way... lol, so

to rephrase it...

Im lucky if i can gib a guy with my 2 sawed-off bullets ¨:p

Funny how in english blow can mean a bomb blowing up, and the act of giving a fellatio... REALLY not the same thing in french... Pretty much like the word "suck" In english You suck mean your bad, your terrible, in french we never say it like that... sucking mean sucking... like sucking a lollipop... or something else ;)

I actually really like the Markza. I'm mainly a support player. In Gears 3 I could run and gun and do alright. I could usually handle myself, but in this game....me with a shotgun is a bad sign. So now I try and stick to a teammate and support him..I'm actually liking it a lot.

Retro Lancer, despite its angry recoil reducing accuracy, it can be very effective against larger enemies, like Butchers and Reaver's. its not too bad against normal sized enemies either, just burst fire it.

then we have its charge attack, can cover ground quickly, any regular enemy gets in they way, they die.

Retro Lancer

I get so much hate online using this though! Seems like every match someone is complaining about me in or sending me hate messages saying I'm using a noob weapon lol!

Well, normal Lancer is more noobish in every way, it´s pretty overpowered and easily kills gnasher guys, so,....