Okay! Here is a list of my growing anime collection (Not counting limited editions that aren't a full season, figurines, plush dolls and manga). I'm posting this in this thread due to me knowing people look at this thread and I can get suggestions on other anime to buy.

1: AKB0048 Season 1(Blu-Ray) 13 Episodes

2: Another Complete Series and OVA(Blu-Ray) 13 Episodes

3: A Certain Scientific Railgun BOTH Sets(DVD) 24 Episodes

4: Bleach Episodes 1 - 145 and Movie 1 / 3(DVD)

5: C Control Complete Series(DVD / Blu-Ray Combo) 11 Episodes

6: Cowboy Bebop Movie(Blu-Ray)

7: Disgaea Complete Series(DVD) 12 Episodes(I think)

8: Death Note BOTH Sets(DVD) 37 Episodes

9: Dragon Ball Z Movie 5 Pack(DVD)

10: FLCL Complete Series(Blu-Ray) 6 Episodes

11: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Set 1(Blu-Ray) 33 Episodes

12: Garden of Words Movie(DVD)

13: Haganai Season 1 and OVA(Blu-Ray / DVD Combo) 13 Episodes

14: Heavens Lost Property Movie(Blu-Ray / DVD Combo)

15: K-On Season 1(DVD) 14 Episodes

16: K-On Movie(Blu-Ray)

17: Listen To Me Girls I Am Your Father Complete Series and OVA(DVD) 13 Episodes

18: Little Busters Season 1 Part 1(Blu-Ray) 13 Episodes

19: Lucky Star OVA(DVD)

20: Perfect Blue Movie(DVD)

21: Okami San and Her Seven Companions Complete Series(Blu-Ray / DVD Combo) 12 Episodes(I Think)

22: Acchi Kocchi Complete Series and OVA(DVD) 13 Episodes

23: Princess Tutu Complete Series(DVD) 26 Episodes

24: Rozen Maiden Complete Series and OVA(DVD) 26 Episodes

25: Sankarea: Undying Love Complete Series(Blu-Ray Combo / DVD Combo) 13 Episodes

26: Shakugan no Shana Movie(Blu-Ray / DVD Combo)

27: Tari Tari Complete Series Complete Series(DVD) 13 Episodes

28: Waiting in the Summer Complete Series(DVD) 12 Episodes

29: Yuru Yuri Happy Go Lily Premium Limited Edition Season 1(Blu-Ray) 12 Episodes

45 minutes later..

Anohana has yet to arrive.

World End, the last OP in the second season, was better. Both were awesome though, that's to be expected when you have an OP (or ED) by based FLOW.

Yeah that one was really good too. Personally I still like Colors a bit better, but that's just my opinion.

Finally finished SAO. As a former MMO player who was really into a genre 10 years ago, this anime reminded me why I enjoyed that genre so much. I liked the twist of the game having real life consequences from the virtual world (which reminded me alot of the Matrix). The animation was superb, and the battle scenes were easily the best parts of SAO. However, I felt like this series missed alot of opportunities in making social commentaries about real world MMO addiction.

I totally get why the popular opinion here seems to be that the series got worse in the second half. It felt like a totally different series after they left SAO. Why didn't anyone know who Kirito was in AOL, especially considering he used the same name from SAO? Even his sister, who supposedly really cared about Kirito apparently knew nothing about Kirito's life in SAO and what her brother did for all the people in that game who were still alive by the time it was beat. Of course there were other issues like the pacing, the main villain, and what they did to Asuna in the second half, all of which lowered my enjoyment of the series by the end.

Overall I had a mixed opinion to SAO. It had a great premise, cool fight scenes and a fantastic start, but suffered from pacing issues, weaker storyline in the second half (something you never want to do when you tell a story), and poor character development.

Yeah that one was really good too. Personally I still like Colors a bit better, but that's just my opinion.

Finally finished SAO. As a former MMO player who was really into a genre 10 years ago, this anime reminded me why I enjoyed that genre so much. I liked the twist of the game having real life consequences from the virtual world (which reminded me alot of the Matrix). The animation was superb, and the battle scenes were easily the best parts of SAO. However, I felt like this series missed alot of opportunities in making social commentaries about real world MMO addiction.

I totally get why the popular opinion here seems to be that the series got worse in the second half. It felt like a totally different series after they left SAO. Why didn't anyone know who Kirito was in AOL, especially considering he used the same name from SAO? Even his sister, who supposedly really cared about Kirito apparently knew nothing about Kirito's life in SAO and what her brother did for all the people in that game who were still alive by the time it was beat. Of course there were other issues like the pacing, the main villain, and what they did to Asuna in the second half, all of which lowered my enjoyment of the series by the end.

Overall I had a mixed opinion to SAO. It had a great premise, cool fight scenes and a fantastic start, but suffered from pacing issues, weaker storyline in the second half (something you never want to do when you tell a story), and poor character development.

If the battle scenes were the best part of SAO, then it obviously does suck. That 15 minutes worth of action over 25 episodes.

Okay! Here is a list of my growing anime collection (Not counting limited editions that aren't a full season, figurines, plush dolls and manga). I'm posting this in this thread due to me knowing people look at this thread and I can get suggestions on other anime to buy.

I'm not sure if I have you on MAL or not. I always purchase anything not by what I "should" own, but what I "have" to own. I'd start with your 10's, stuff you'd rewatch a lot, and go from there. That's one thing I learned from my DVD collection back in the day. I'd buy stuff literally every week and have hundreds of movies I never watched. You don't think about it at the time, but it's such a waste of money.

I won't be starting an anime collection until I get a new house and my man cave with two HDTVs side by side, one to game and one to watch stuff at the same time. I had a setup with a couple crappy 29" SDTVs at my previous place, but where I'm at now it doesn't work, and I'm still one HDTV short anyway. :p

I feel like I'd only buy complete dubs since I wouldn't ever really be focused on anything I'd be rewatching anyway.

Edited by The Pants Party

I'm not sure if I have you on MAL or not. I always purchase anything not by what I "should" own, but what I "have" to own. I'd start with your 10's, stuff you'd rewatch a lot, and go from there. That's one thing I learned from my DVD collection back in the day. I'd buy stuff literally every week and have hundreds of movies I never watched. You don't think about it at the time, but it's such a waste of money.

I won't be starting an anime collection until I get a new house and my man cave with two HDTVs side by side, one to game and one to watch stuff at the same time. I had a setup with a couple crappy 29" SDTVs at my previous place, but where I'm at now it doesn't work, and I'm still one HDTV short anyway. :p

I feel like I'd only buy complete dubs since I wouldn't ever really be focused on anything I'd be rewatching anyway.

The good thing about anime for the most part is that it keeps its resale value unlike regular movies.

Punks MAL name is like Mu-12 or something.

No, you have to post GOOD images, like this one (it was already posted a long time ago)

http://i.imgur.com/NIdvH.jpg

I remember this too, which is telling because I have the memory of a goldfish.

For some reason I haven't deleted SAO off my computer. Maybe in the back of my mind I plan to finish it someday, but I dunno. This is like the millionth time someone has said SAO gets worse in the second half, which doesn't bode well. (Without the exaggeration it would still exceed 30). It's like if someone dropped Death Note two-thirds of the way through, I couldn't very well recommend they continue. Think I'll just stick to Log Horizon, which is amazing.

Fuck, I was going to copy-pasta the explanation from the SAO light novel, but it seems the removed 6 of the volumes from Baka tsuki because of the licensing. Even the GGO light novel volumes are gone.

but here:

[spoiler=sgfgafg]According to my memory, all information regarding the clearing of SAO is a secret, and only a few people know what actually happened. Thus only those who were present know that Kirito beat heathcliff. There's also 1 more person that knows - the detective guy who speaks to Kirito on a regular basis, apart from that no one else knows what happened, hence why Suguha or the randoms know who "Kirito" is.

@ICE CAR - it took me a few seconds, I typed "Sword art online Gaia force" in google and it came up.

Fuck, I was going to copy-pasta the explanation from the SAO light novel, but it seems the removed 6 of the volumes from Baka tsuki because of the licensing. Even the GGO light novel volumes are gone.

but here:

[spoiler=sgfgafg]According to my memory, all information regarding the clearing of SAO is a secret, and only a few people know what actually happened. Thus only those who were present know that Kirito beat heathcliff. There's also 1 more person that knows - the detective guy who speaks to Kirito on a regular basis, apart from that no one else knows what happened, hence why Suguha or the randoms know who "Kirito" is.

The explanation is also in the Anime, though they do brush over it if I recall so would have been easy to miss... As for the second half, I will agree it was "worse" but still enjoyable IMO.

I know SAO has its haters and "MAL Stats" don't mean shit, or so I read... but looking at the stats more people gave it a 10, seems kinda silly if all those also thought the 2nd arc was "complete shit" like people would lead you to believe in some cases.

Guess I'm just biased, it was my first Anime since I was a kid watching Pokemon, Beyblade, Digimon, etc... I loved the MMO Premise since I have been playing them for a good 12+ years now and sure SAO drifts and could see it being more "fantasy"

At first I thought maybe it was just because I had not watched any Anime really that I enjoyed it so much but I went back a month or so ago and re-watched and enjoyed it even more a second time.

Finally... I feel like anyone who did mange to enjoy SAO should check out Accel World, I hate the fact that some people don't even give that series a shot due to the MC being fat and wimpy... It plays into the story its not exactly done for the hell of it.

I look forward to watching Log Horizon in the future since I am a sucker for Anime mixing with Video Games, I watched the first few episodes it seemed interesting and was talking more about the Games elements and such but I decided to wait till its finished it so I can marathon it in the future :)

Finished 3rd episode of Maou-sama. Hilarious! The 3rd episode ended in a awesome and interesting way, I'm curious what is going to happen. Great comedy with action, I like it A LOT!

by the way I joined myanimelist. You can add my as a friend if you want: http://myanimelist.net/profile/rollinbull23

This is like the longest page ever. I had to scroll forever!

I tried to add you but wasn't logged in.

Just add me. Otaking97

The explanation is also in the Anime, though they do brush over it if I recall so would have been easy to miss... As for the second half, I will agree it was "worse" but still enjoyable IMO.

I know SAO has its haters and "MAL Stats" don't mean shit, or so I read... but looking at the stats more people gave it a 10, seems kinda silly if all those also thought the 2nd arc was "complete shit" like people would lead you to believe in some cases.

Guess I'm just biased, it was my first Anime since I was a kid watching Pokemon, Beyblade, Digimon, etc... I loved the MMO Premise since I have been playing them for a good 12+ years now and sure SAO drifts and could see it being more "fantasy"

At first I thought maybe it was just because I had not watched any Anime really that I enjoyed it so much but I went back a month or so ago and re-watched and enjoyed it even more a second time.

Finally... I feel like anyone who did mange to enjoy SAO should check out Accel World, I hate the fact that some people don't even give that series a shot due to the MC being fat and wimpy... It plays into the story its not exactly done for the hell of it.

I look forward to watching Log Horizon in the future since I am a sucker for Anime mixing with Video Games, I watched the first few episodes it seemed interesting and was talking more about the Games elements and such but I decided to wait till its finished it so I can marathon it in the future :)

I thought Accel world was a lot worse than SAO, cringe worthy at time. There was only ONE GOOD PART IN THE SHOW (image in spoilers, which is a spoiler)

[spoiler=dsdasfafaffafafad]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture%2019/badbf7c9.gif

Edited by Jakez123

I really can't remember if it's said in the anime or not, but I know it's said in the light novel, both kinda get mixed in my head, but Kirito says he didn't want to talk about what happened in SAO, he only told what he had to to the officials, and slightly more to get the location of Asuna's hospital room. He didn't tell his family what all happened in there, he specifically says that. As for people not knowing him in ALO, he spelled his name with a different Japanese writing system (Katakana to Hiragana or vise-versa, can't remember), and used symbols with different meanings to spell his name. You need a little bit of understanding of the Japanese writing language to know what I mean:p

Well hot damn, we have 90% compatibility in that case! And he has a lot of high-scored shows. My previous advice stands though, go with what you'd rewatch the most to get the most out of your purchases.

He likes to buy anime to watch series that aren't on Crunchyroll or Youtube. He doesn't have a computer, and whatever he can't watch on his Xbox 360 he buys. That's why he's asking for recommendations. Another thing he wants recommendations for is what looks good to have in a collection.

Edited by Ceris

Holy shit, I leave this cancerous thread and then all this shit happens.

Anywho, I started Fairy Tail and I'm loving it.

Then Golden Time became shit to me. If it keeps this shit up, 3/10.

This thread is good, nothing bad about it.

Jake

/thread

Lol, no more thread master stuff, so post away. Linda still best girl though.

I really can't remember if it's said in the anime or not, but I know it's said in the light novel, both kinda get mixed in my head, but Kirito says he didn't want to talk about what happened in SAO, he only told what he had to to the officials, and slightly more to get the location of Asuna's hospital room. He didn't tell his family what all happened in there, he specifically says that. As for people not knowing him in ALO, he spelled his name with a different Japanese writing system (Katakana to Hiragana or vise-versa, can't remember), and used symbols with different meanings to spell his name. You need a little bit of understanding of the Japanese writing language to know what I mean:p

He likes to buy anime to watch series that aren't on Crunchyroll or Youtube. He doesn't have a computer, and whatever he can't watch on his Xbox 360 he buys. That's why he's asking for recommendations. Another thing he wants recommendations for is what looks good to have in a collection.

Are you sure about the name spelling thing? If so:

[spoiler=4325ewrtewt] How does Death Gun clock that it's him if his name is spelt differently?

[spoiler=4325ewrtewt] How does Death Gun clock that it's him if his name is spelt differently?

Death Gun is GGO, right? I haven't read any encounters with him. As for naming, I was talking about ALO. In no way does anyone recognize him/connects him to SAO. Not sure if he uses the new spelled name in GGO, I don't think they went over that. I have a vague memory of him using English in GGO if anything (vague memory could mean my mind is playing tricks and making up memories).

Just noticed this. The fact that the MC is fat and wimpy takes away from the anime, which I wasn't highly enjoying in the first place. If the MC wasn't so pathetic (especially in that last arc) it would have been more enjoyable. All he ever does is talk about how he's not worthy of Kuroyukihime. So annoying.

Edited by Ceris

I thought Accel world was a lot worse than SAO, cringe worthy at time. There was only ONE GOOD PART IN THE SHOW (image in spoilers, which is a spoiler)

[spoiler=dsdasfafaffafafad]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/picture%2019/badbf7c9.gif

Was a pretty intense part, but i hated it because nothing should ever happen to such a hot babe.

I didn't take Accel World seriously, so it was enjoyable at least.

You don't take anything serious...lol.

I'd be more of the thread master anyway since i have more posts than you. Good job.

New HxH just came out. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pumped.

Well hot damn, we have 90% compatibility in that case! And he has a lot of high-scored shows. My previous advice stands though, go with what you'd rewatch the most to get the most out of your purchases.

Like Ceris said, I do often buy anime shows I am unable to watch on Crunchyroll or youtube.I still buy anime I do have available to me, but it really depends!

If you have a suggestion just throw one out anytime!

Wizard Barrister is pretty good.

Premise is interesting, animation is pretty good, the anime is mature and has subtlety.

There's so much potential here ; could be the best anime this season if the creators do it right.

Pilot's Love Song has potential, but it's already wasted because of its decent-to-mediocre storytelling and lack of subtlety. It's pretty much just telling me to watch the anime as it is, without expecting too much

You don't take anything serious...lol.

Hey, I take a lot of animes seriously. I took SAO seriously, and that's pretty much the reason why I'm one of the biggest hater of this series.

Edited by alec613

http://i.imgur.com/vikuYdh.jpg

^I found this image in my album while digging through it and removing stuff.

You know, I find it kind of off-putting when I look at this image and I literally can not even tell what fucking character it is because there are so many that look exactly like her.

is it Asuna? Is it the girl from Ookami-San? is it misc. main love interest girl with dark brown hair number 50 million? who the fuck is it?

i think it's the girl from ookami san but i'm not even sure anymore. they could at least start making their characters more visually distinctive.

Tell me Asuna, Kaga, Taiga, Kirino, and Ryouko don't all look way too similar. I feel like I'm forgetting someone from this list but whatever. Just add more frills or hair decorations or something. Sena is visually distinctive enough just with her blue butterfly hairpin. That's all I need to know it's her. look at some of the touhou character designs even. ZUN is fucking shit at drawing but he makes up for it somewhat with all the frills and hair decorations and diapers on their heads and it makes them pretty identifiable even if they're barely even characters. Otherwise they all look the fucking same.

Maybe I should just exit my little moe art style comfort bubble and start watching more gritty action-oriented animus with different art styles so I can stop looking at characters that are about as visually distinctive as sonic re-colors on DeviantArt. (okay maybe not that bad)

/rantything

Edited by Ice Car