PC Difficulty?

Shiftie

I was wondering how difficult this game is on the PC using just the mouse and keyboard? I'm not too big on playing PC games anymore, and I don't think I've ever played a game like Arkham on PC before, but I was thinking about playing the PC version and both GOTY versions just to show how much I love this game :p

I would imagine it comes down to muscle memory, like the console version, I was just wondering if there were any major differences.

I already have a usb adapter thing for my wireless controller but it doesn't work on my laptop for whatever reason and I don't have the money to sink on a new controller. If it comes to that I guess I'll figure something out until I get frustrated and give up (again).

I usually always have that trouble with my wireless adapter, pretty much installs the wrong drivers ...

if you follow this it should get the controller working

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CHD4M3Fw3A]Install drivers for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller PC Receiver [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I already have a usb adapter thing for my wireless controller but it doesn't work on my laptop for whatever reason and I don't have the money to sink on a new controller. If it comes to that I guess I'll figure something out until I get frustrated and give up (again).

Have you checked the drivers? uninstalled & reinstalled etc.

Wouldn't fancy doing the later combat challenges with a keyboard!

I have only played on PC and it worked pretty well for me with mouse/KB. I am having more trouble with Arkham City, mostly due to the larger combinations needed to do stuff in game.

Aside from my lack of skill at combos I enjoyed the game a lot on PC and was able to play it through on Hard setting without difficulty control wise. I prefer mouse for looking, the two thumb stick method is just not my natural choice and so it gets me killed a lot more often.

Have you checked the drivers? uninstalled & reinstalled etc.

Wouldn't fancy doing the later combat challenges with a keyboard!

Ya I spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out. Making sure I had everything installed properly, and then making sure everything was the 64 bit version. Then rechecking everything. The usual stuff you need to do when your computer doesn't want to work :mad:

I got this and AC yesterday so I guess I'll see how it goes soon enough, if my computer can even run them lol..

Ya I spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out. Making sure I had everything installed properly, and then making sure everything was the 64 bit version. Then rechecking everything. The usual stuff you need to do when your computer doesn't want to work :mad:

I got this and AC yesterday so I guess I'll see how it goes soon enough, if my computer can even run them lol..

Did you follow the youtube video I posted?

Does the controller flash with all 4 lights or does it actually pick up the reciever but just doesn't want to work?

• 1 month later...
I was wondering how difficult this game is on the PC using just the mouse and keyboard? I'm not too big on playing PC games anymore, and I don't think I've ever played a game like Arkham on PC before, but I was thinking about playing the PC version and both GOTY versions just to show how much I love this game :p

I would imagine it comes down to muscle memory, like the console version, I was just wondering if there were any major differences.

It actually made Freeflow perfection a lot easier, in general I found the game a lot more fun using KB&M over a controller.