Activision Confirm New Tony Hawk Game | More Info Soon

iBuzz7S

[uPDATE] Following the publication of this story, Activision confirmed in a statement to GameSpot that the publisher is working on a new project with Mr. 900.

"Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk; more info is coming soon," a representative for the company said.

The original story is below.

It appears Tony Hawk will ride again. The legendary skateboarder himself revealed this week during his Demolition Radio show on SiriusXM that a new entry in the beloved series is in development.

"We're working on a game, we are working on a game, it's pretty cool," Hawk said when discussing the Pro Skater series, as reported by IGN.

Unfortunately, Hawk did not reveal any further details about the new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game, like when it will be released, which studio is developing it, and what platforms it's coming to. Hawk said in an interview last year that he's eyeing the mobile market for the next Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game because that's where so many players are.

HD remake wasn't too bad, but if they can touch on what EA have been doing with Skate, then I will be more interested in a new Tony Hawk game.

Hopefully, this pushes EA to do another Skate game too.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-there-s-a-new-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-in-the-works-what-do-you-want-to-see/1100-6417870/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr 900.

While I respect and credit you for what you've done for the skateboarding scene. If you do not blatantly rip off Skate's control scheme. I will have minimal interest in your new game.

Signed: A long time fan.

Get it right or don't bother with another cash grab!

I could get in to this is if it's done right. I would rather just see Skate 4 get the green light personally, but if this is actually a next-gen console game and not some cell phone shovelware, maybe it'll motivate EA to get on that. I thought the Pro Skater series fell apart with Underground 2, the first one was outstanding. They just got worse from there. I'll take this news with a mountain of salt. The first information I hear about this game using Kinect or some other stupid peripheral and I won't even read an article about it again.

I could get in to this is if it's done right. I would rather just see Skate 4 get the green light personally, but if this is actually a next-gen console game and not some cell phone shovelware, maybe it'll motivate EA to get on that. I thought the Pro Skater series fell apart with Underground 2, the first one was outstanding. They just got worse from there. I'll take this news with a mountain of salt. The first information I hear about this game using Kinect or some other stupid peripheral and I won't even read an article about it again.

Underground 3 > All

I know it is unrealistic but I hope it will be like Project 8. Loved the art style, how tricks handled and the overall character of the game and its goals.

I don't want anything that involves more than a standard controller. Also don't want it to be like Proving Grounds because it was just made up of generic thugs, and overall felt like all the vibrant character was stripped to make it feel more gritty. Everything was just grey; even the achievements were black and white.