FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions

The Pants Party

Q: Can you get achievements in Local Vs. Mode?

A: No. You can do player/ranked matches online or Story Mode.

Q: How do you perform a Critical Finish?

A: Check out this thread and watch the video. Basically, if the opponent blocks quite a bit, their health bar will begin flashing red. Land a few hits while it is blinking and their armor will break and they will stagger back. When this happens, quickly hit LB and it will perform the Critical Finish.

Q: How do you unlock The Apprentice?

A: Clear Arcade Mode with Yoda.

Q: Who goes in the blank space between Yoda and The Apprentice?

A: Currently no one. It is assumed that this will be for a DLC character. Most likely Darth Vader.

Q: How do you unlock each character?

A: Please see this thread.

Q: How many wins do you need to reach Level 20 online for the "Hero King" achievement?

A: Normally around 75-80 wins. You will lose some experience if you fight extremely poorly, but if you fight well and still lose you shouldn't lose much if any.

Q: Is there another way to get the equipment from the Tower of Lost Souls? What are all the feats that unlock equipment pieces?

A: Once you clear each floor the equipment can be purchased from the character edit menu. You just get it free if you perform the feat. The list of feats can be found here.

Q: What is the fastest way to make money?

A: Unlock floor 60 of the Tower and use the trick found in the video here.

Q: How do you get 450k in Arcade Mode?

A: You need a Perfect on almost every fight. If you get hit, simply lose on purpose and retry. You will not lose points for retrying and you will get another shot at getting a Perfect in that fight.

You might want to change your wording a bit on the critical finish answer. Saying that the opponent's "armor will break" might mislead people into thinking that the opponent actually has to have their armor broken in order to be vulnerable to a critical finish. It's also worth noting that you don't want to try to break their gauge with combos because if it breaks mid-combo then your next hit will take them out of their vulnerable state and regenerate their gauge.

uhh theres another somewhat easier way to critical finish all you need to to is get them to a blinking red gauge then hit them with a guard breaker attack while they are blocking (now they are in soul crush) then press left bumper and you will do the critical finish. you'll know which attack is a guard breaker if you look at the attacks under move list and it says GB on the right (i think not sure it stands for guard breaking properties)

Edited by papoose
made it understandable

If it were only that easy...

Thanks alot for the guide. It's pretty good. By the way, one of the quickest ways to get 450 000 is to use Taki's Forward Y+X. It gets you 1000 points per hit + 450 points every 2 hits for a combo.

Q: Is there another way to get the equipment from the Tower of Lost Souls? What are all the feats that unlock equipment pieces?

A: Once you clear each floor the equipment can be purchased from the character edit menu. You just get it free if you perform the feat. The list of feats can be found here.

Yes there is, you can get equipment from getting Achievements and its the same you get from the Chests in ToLS.

another way to get perfect are to use the (super cheap) throw-spam technique. I got at least 1 perfect (usually 2) against everyone, even Algol(sp?). Start by either knocking them down or throwing them, then ruch towards them, when they start to get up, hit throw - wash, rinse & repeat.

• 1 month later...

With regards to the "fight on all stages online" achievement. I read you have to unlock a stage on one of the TOLS floors. However if somebody has done this and fights online against someone who has not unlocked that would that person get the achievement. I am sure that is the last remaining stage for me to get the achievement.

With regards to the "fight on all stages online" achievement. I read you have to unlock a stage on one of the TOLS floors. However if somebody has done this and fights online against someone who has not unlocked that would that person get the achievement. I am sure that is the last remaining stage for me to get the achievement.

Yes, this works. I helped my friend out a while ago. I had unlocked the seesaw level from the TOLS and he had not. We played a match online on seesaw and he got the achievement. Hope that helps :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i just wanted to add that to level up in the online mode, you have to reach the max experience for the level you are on, and then you must win your NEXT match after filling the bar (or any subsequent match while your bar is still maxed out. just be warned that losing can cause you to lose experience).

i was sufficiently confused when i was 200/200 and not leveling up.

• 2 years later...