Save people from hanging?

docholoday

Ok, I'm stumped. I've had two separate 'strangers' come up to me and ask for help with saving their kidnapped friend or wife. Both times I went with them, tried to save them and the person was hung anyway.

The first time I tried to shoot out the rope first, then the guys, no luck. The second time I tried shooting the guys first, no luck either.

How on earth am I supposed to save people from being hung? Is it just a matter of "getting there" in time? Any tips???

I had the same thing. apart from i died because i didnt want to risk killing the hanging guy. i went into dead eye locked onto both the men but accidently locked onto the guy hanging. It marked him but i couldnt tell if it had marked He's head or the Rope just above he's head. So i cancled it then died. so maybe if you try dead eye it might be the way to shoot him down?

Ok, I'm stumped. I've had two separate 'strangers' come up to me and ask for help with saving their kidnapped friend or wife. Both times I went with them, tried to save them and the person was hung anyway.

The first time I tried to shoot out the rope first, then the guys, no luck. The second time I tried shooting the guys first, no luck either.

How on earth am I supposed to save people from being hung? Is it just a matter of "getting there" in time? Any tips???

I just did one a few minutes ago.

I ran up on the group (usually 3 guys) went into dead eye, shot two guys, went out of dead eye, aimed at the rope manually, went back into dead eye and shot out the rope. If you do it like this then you'll have all the time you need.

They all died for me until I got dead eye. I had my first successful save last night. :D Dead eyed the rope and the tree dudes.

My first experience was during a storm so I couldn't see anything and I didn't know how to use the dead eye. I accidentally killed everyone. Ooops