Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Here's a bit of advice if you have a few freemen notes left over that your trying to find. When you do go about finding one your missing make sure a auto save occurs or you can do a manual save. The reason being is if you back out once you retrieve the note it won't register that it's been found unless it's the very last one you need. Hope this helps.

I'm almost done with the game. I'll post my approximations for G ranks on Hard and some strategies where applicable. Chapter 5 seems to be the toughest level to G rank (4.1 million) and Chapter 1 or 6 seems to be the easiest.

Edited by Zacry072
Forgot sumn

• 3 weeks later...
I've finish all chapter on extra mode with special armor and the achievements :

principalities, dominions and seraphim don't unlocked.

I think the special armor block this achievements.

Nope, I just unlocked all 3 with special armor equiped! Just check your level select that you have a rank on all levels, you mite have missed a level some how...

I've finish all chapter on extra mode with special armor and the achievements :

principalities, dominions and seraphim don't unlocked.

I think the special armor block this achievements.

Did you play the Prologue? Despite being unranked, it is necessary for the achievement.

• 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 3 months later...

go figure, guy who posted this guide is a hacker. i looked up his points for this game, he only has 870 for this game BUT he's missing a lot of easy points including breaking your weapon and beating chapter 2. better still, he has the 0 point cheevo for unlocking all the cheevos! he stole this guide and pasted it here, asshole prolly nvr even played the fucking game! look it up yourselves.

Edited by BoomsticKiller

getting that armor means shit when you cant use it on lvl 8. dark enouch is kicking my ass. what a shitty fucking guide to say its easier than easy with the armor you dirty cunt. this guide sucks ass, worst one ive used yet.

"The armor isn't available during Chapters 6, 8, & 9 though due to story reasons, so you'll need to be ready to hold your own."

I remember when I didn't know how to read.

go figure, guy who posted this guide is a hacker. i looked up his points for this game, he only has 870 for this game BUT he's missing a lot of easy points including breaking your weapon and beating chapter 2. better still, he has the 0 point cheevo for unlocking all the cheevos! he stole this guide and pasted it here, asshole prolly nvr even played the fucking game! look it up yourselves.

I made the guide when I played the game on my first account. The account I'm using currently I don't even care about, which is why I did some modding.

• 2 years later...

Having just completed this game, this guide is really bad. IIRC 2013 XBA cared less about quality control than simply getting stuff on the front page, so props are skirting by.

Many of the guides simply restate the achievement description. For example:

Indomitable Soul - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Execute 50 recovers.

After you are beaten in battle, the screen will slowly fade as if a person's eyes are closing. If you hit :abut:+:xbut:+:lbbut:+:rbbut: very fast, you will recover and be able to fight again from where you left off. You are only able to recover a certain amount of times per chapter (It varies on what difficulty you are playing on). Do this 50 times and you'll get the achievement.

That's just bad, all you did was explain what a recovery is, which doesn't help you get the achievement at all. Unlike some of the other achievements this is not something that will come naturally if you're playing the game efficiently (which the point of using a guide is to do just that), so really you should have listed a good place to grind it out. It was the last achievement I earned afterall, and it certainly wasn't because I died less than 50 times.

Another achievement I didn't have even after 3 full playthroughs and a number of individual levels was Level 10 Overboost. Your guide does not help with that achievement whatsoever, only stating what Overboost is.

This also applies to things like Weapon kills and perfect guards, you give some advice about the weapons but frankly that has nothing to do with the achievement itself. Why not state a good place to farm kills/guards?

Then there's some things that are just flat out wrong, particularly this:

Conqueror - 90 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Earn a G rank in every chapter at the HARD difficulty level.

After beating the game once, you will unlock Score Ranking mode. This grades you on several different aspects and will give you a ranking. This achievement requires you to get G ranks (The highest) on all the chapters on Hard. If you haven't gotten G ranks on Easy, you will unlock Adept as well when going for this. Be sure to keep combos going, always purify your weapon, smash objects, find Freemen and/or Bones of Ishtar, and finish the chapter as fast as possible in order to get a G rank.

You explain what score attack is, yay. Beyond that you referenced another achievement (useless filler). But your tips, which should be the meat of the guide, are not only the smallest part of it, but they're awful and will not result in G Rank. Combos mean less than the attacks themselves, each attack has a score value so a 50 combo with a Gale may be worth less than an 8 combo with an Arch. Freemen don't contribute to your score at all and Bones of Ishtar completely disappear after you acquire them, which you really should have before attempting G Ranks (I doubt it adds to your score regardless). While levels do have a time bonus, in no way will it be the tipping point to getting a G Rank, you need to focus on score much much more than finishing quickly; in any proper guide I wouldn't even bother mentioning time it's that insignificant. You don't even mention that dying/recovering will likely completely destroy any chance at a G Rank.

You say you did this on an old profile, but reading this I'm very doubtful. Then you admit you hacked your current profile, lmao.

Then there's your Roadmap, which seems decent at first glance, but really it's pretty barren. You added a lot of filler by typing in the names of every achievement, which is completely unnecessary. You don't really break down what each playthrough is doing and how it moves you to the next step in the Roadmap.

Frankly this guide is so bad I really want to make a new one, but I really can't be bothered. This is an old, obscure game that hardly anybody will reference a guide for, and I've already cleared the game from my drive so I can't reference the game anymore (though it's still fresh in my mind). So instead I'll just recommend anybody reading this to search elsewhere for achievement help and rank advice than to reference this thing.

EDIT: The more I think about it (and edit this post), the more the urge is kicking in. I like this game and it deserve better than this garbage. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Edited by Veedrock