PS3 Good Deals thread

Bax x360a

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK Pre-order: Battlefield Bad Company 2 for £29:99 at GAME and AMAZON. Whilst it remains at £38 and £40 pounds for the 360. WHY? Does this mean it's missing something or is only getting 3/4 the development time the 360s version is getting? I'm Baffled.
Multi-platform games generally tend to run better on the 360, mainly having better framerates and sometimes even better textures etc. This is due to many developers finding the 360 easier to develop for and therefore developing for the 360 and porting it to the PS3.

Multi-platform games generally tend to run better on the 360, mainly having better framerates and sometimes even better textures etc. This is due to many developers finding the 360 easier to develop for and therefore developing for the 360 and porting it to the PS3.

I'm not quite sure but I don't think thats why the price has been lowered.

Best bet would be that the pre-orders are far lower than on the 360, you'll find that with alot of FPS on the PS3, and the price plummets after release.

Not a FPS I know but I got Red Faction Guerilla for £15 brand new a month and a day after release, whereas the 360 version is still up in the £25-35 region.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that was the most likely reason, thanks though :)

I'm not quite sure but I don't think thats why the price has been lowered.

Best bet would be that the pre-orders are far lower than on the 360, you'll find that with alot of FPS on the PS3, and the price plummets after release.

Not a FPS I know but I got Red Faction Guerilla for £15 brand new a month and a day after release, whereas the 360 version is still up in the £25-35 region.

Probably because they know the 360 version will sell better and can therefore keep it at a higher price.

Thought that was the most likely reason, thanks though :)
Always a pleasure Dr P. I saw you playing WAW the other day, you bought it again?

Probably because they know the 360 version will sell better and can therefore keep it at a higher price.

Always a pleasure Dr P. I saw you playing WAW the other day, you bought it again?

Kinda, my friend had 2 copies so i swapped a copy of GRID that I had bought for £12.95 with him for a copy of WaW. So yeah I will be playing that again :) Currently downloading the Uncharted 2 BETA, GOTY contender from what i've seen/heard.

Kinda, my friend had 2 copies so i swapped a copy of GRID that I had bought for £12.95 with him for a copy of WaW. So yeah I will be playing that again :) Currently downloading the Uncharted 2 BETA, GOTY contender from what i've seen/heard.

Good reminder! Still need to get it. Graphics AND gameplay look incredible from videos I've seen. Am I right in thinking you get perks like COD?

• 3 weeks later...
Good reminder! Still need to get it. Graphics AND gameplay look incredible from videos I've seen. Am I right in thinking you get perks like COD?

You probably already know now, but, yes you were right in thinking that it has perks like CoD. :p

Also I thought I'd check the prices for Bad Company 2 now that the limited edition has been announced and the prices have shot up to the standard prices. £38 at Amazon and £40 at GAME now on the PS3.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

PS Plus is 39.99 for the 12-month membership:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Plus-month-Subscription-Download/dp/B004RMK5QG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311170144&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Playstation Plus 12 month Subscription [Download]: Video Games[/ame]

It's a download code so obviously no shipping price or anything like that.

• 4 years later...