Parasyte -the maxim-

Sweet666Kraven

Has anybody been watching Parasyte -the maxim-? I have been keeping up with the first season and I must say, it is the first anime I have really loved in a long time. I'm engrossed in the story. The interaction between Shinichi and Migi is funny, scary and heart warming all at the same time.

No I haven't seen it yet. Read the manga nearly 20 years ago and it was an instant fav.

After a few friends recommended this anime I decided to check it out. I'm really liking it so far! The opening is fantastic!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y44TibYAvd0[/ame]

It's a good mix of a bunch of different genres, but they're blended in a way that is really well done! Furthermore the rest of the OST is probably one of the best I've heard in a while.

I'm digging the premise and plot of it so far. There are quite a few interesting themes and insights the show raises about what it means to be "human". The designs of the parasites are kind of creepy, but also pretty cool at the same time. The action scenes are great, and I like how the show does a good job of balancing scenes that drive the plot and awesome action scenes fast paced fights and plenty of decapitations. I'm enjoying the relationship between Shinichi and Migi as well, and seeing how being infected of Migi has changed him in many different ways as the show progresses.

Edited by Rapture639

• 1 month later...
This series is already past episode 20 and its still on season 1?

The 2nd season of Tokyo Ghoul just ended at 12.

Series has ended as of last week.

...and the term "season" is used pretty loosely. I guess some people will call Parasyte a "single season" is because it aired without any breaks. Tokyo Ghoul split and aired two different cours.

After watching the final episode I kinda had some mixed reactions about the show at first. While I thought this show was pretty good overall, it did have some glaring problems. None of the characters were really that interesting and some of them (cough Murano cough cough) were just down right annoying. At the end I felt like they were trying to beat you over the head with their message about the "moral of the story" rather than letting the audience come to their own conclusions.

"Yeah we may be parasites, but have you thought about who the real parasites in this world are?"

"Humans"

"Think about that!"

That was pretty much the vibe I got from the last few episodes. Also, the final episode felt more like a filler episode rather than a proper conclusion, and raised more questions than answers. That being said I still think the show is worth watching for the strong first half, awesome OST, and fun action scenes throughout. My personal rating for the show is 8/10.

Edited by Rapture639