Ain't 'fraid of no ghosts achievement

ralleke

I really really need help.

After coming of the first hight rail i'm finding it really hard to jump of of the grind into the manual and collecting the green pellet before jumping again above the garage door.

I've tried everything I've tried just jumping off, i've tried kick flipping etc. A lot of the time i will jump of manual and fall or manual then make it up the ramp and fall of as soon as grind on the second high rail.

I've watch every guide on Youtube but I still can't do it any help would be appreciated

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason I say goofy footing is easier is because of the rails above the quarter pipe. If you grind them regular footed when you drop down to the quarter pipe about half the time (for me anyway) i would have to jam the stick to the left just to land on the rail. When I wouldn't hit the rail perfectly it would end my combo. But when you use goofy footing you always land on the low rail perfect.

I think it has something to do with hitting the rail backside instead of frontside.

I used my avatar for this achievement with max stats and the default was for regular footing. So yes technically I was using switch. But it doesn't really matter as long as your body is facing left when riding forward that means you are riding GOOFY.

I had the same problem when dropping from that rail. I used Rodney with full stats, still took soooo many tries. But I'm 100% complete for now, hope the DLC has some challenges too.

I really really need help.

After coming of the first hight rail i'm finding it really hard to jump of of the grind into the manual and collecting the green pellet before jumping again above the garage door.

I've tried everything I've tried just jumping off, i've tried kick flipping etc. A lot of the time i will jump of manual and fall or manual then make it up the ramp and fall of as soon as grind on the second high rail.

I've watch every guide on Youtube but I still can't do it any help would be appreciated

Wow nobody has any advice for me :(

I am never going to get this achievement. I can't even do it with the perfect balance/manual cheats enabled. I just don't have enough speed and cannot get the jumps out of the grinds right. I can't even get close to the last set of high up grind pellets. Almost smashing my controller.

Wow nobody has any advice for me :(

I need help with the same part. I can never make it up to that second high rail about the outside door. My stats are all full and i get special before i start.

Anybody have any advice on how to get up to the second high rail?! (above the door)

I need help with the same part. I can never make it up to that second high rail about the outside door. My stats are all full and i get special before i start.

Anybody have any advice on how to get up to the second high rail?! (above the door)

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but when you get the 2 yellow pellets on the lower rail, when you come off the rail, try to land the manual partially on the quarterpipe, as the ride down gives you some more momentum, and hopefully enough for the height of the rail.

wtf is this even possible for me. I soon as I get on the second high rail it instantly goes red in like a tenth of second. my stats are maxed. wish i never bought this. Not to mention the frame rate freaks out when you break through the window and glitches. terrible terrible game

Edited by xSavage Henry

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem for me was jumping off at the correct angle into the manual pellets. I really wish manual balance and steering wasn't controlled with the same stick. I used Nyjah with full stats except lip balance and switch. I always had enough speed. It was just steering the manuals and balancing that drove me mad. I finally got it though from the glitch. I had to restart my manual to get the last four green pellets after my wipe out.

The only advice i can give is not to restart after missing a pellet. Just keep going and practice jumping into the manual pellet in the second room and approach the second high rail at a reasonable angle (not head on but at like 80-70 degrees) and spamming the grind button when you are close.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to hit the 2nd high rail near the helicopter. I've tried maybe 100+ times so far, everything up until manualing towards the 2nd green pellet. I'm never high enough to grind the rail, I either can grind the lower rail or nothing at all, I'm just lacking a bit of height from it. Any tips?

Holy shit... finally!!! Tried for another 2 hours tonight, and on my last run I made it all the way until the final 4 pellets... bailed... got back up and manual'd through those 4 and it unlocked. So, apparently it isn't patched! Just make sure that if you bail at the end w/ the 4 final pellets, you get back up and manual through them all in 1 combo. *Achievement Unlocked*

I can't seem to hit the 2nd high rail near the helicopter. I've tried maybe 100+ times so far, everything up until manualing towards the 2nd green pellet. I'm never high enough to grind the rail, I either can grind the lower rail or nothing at all, I'm just lacking a bit of height from it. Any tips?

I finality got it! I dont think I saw anybody mention this before but you do NOT have to jump off of the first high rail to get the red pellet. If you are going fast enough you can just fall off and collect it. And falling off will put you in a much better place to get off the low rail and jump up to the second high rail. I got the ach on maybe my fourth try after figuring this out.

• 2 months later...

The hardest part of this achievement for me was having enough height to grind the rail above the secret DVD area's opening. I became more consistent at getting the correct speed by doing two things:

-After the fouth green pellet, turn slightly left and go up the quarterpipe diagonally so that your grind starts on top of the first pellet (you can see Maka do this in his video guide). Starting a grind here should have you fast enough to pick up the red pellet without performing an ollie.

-Once you land from this red pellet, grind for a brief moment after the second yellow pellet has been picked up rather than immediately jumping off to the left for a straight manual into the green pellet. Whilst harder to do, if you make a late jump into a manual and then take a sharp left turn (into the pellet) followed immediately by a sharp right turn (to go straight up the blue quarterpipe, narrowly missing the smaller brown one), you should always have enough speed to make the height of the top rail.

Once I started delaying my jump for the fifth green pellet, I found myself making the grind every time I managed to go up the blue quarterpipe- the hard part was lining up after grabbing the green pellet, but I preferred doing that to only getting the correct height 5% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Switching stance (right trigger) helped me get the second high rail in the helicopter room. I also bailed after the last red dot, manualed through the last 4 green dots and got the achievement. Absolute pain in the ass achievement :p

• 5 months later...

There's an easy way to get this achievement.mjust got it today on my 5th attempt.

You have to collect all the pellets in ONE combo...but it doesn't say all at once.

You can even bail multiple times while collecting them, and still get the achievement.

While collecting pellets only ever perform one continuous combo. If you land it, make sure you bail after every single successive trick/combo.

I actually bailed the whole time and only landed a manual+flip trick (my only combo) on the last pellet following maka's pellet guide.

I didn't discover this, a player over at http://www.trueachievements.com has written this so credit him. I'm only sharing this with y'all, because this achievement sucks donkey d**k, done legit.

• 1 month later...
There's an easy way to get this achievement.mjust got it today on my 5th attempt.

You have to collect all the pellets in ONE combo...but it doesn't say all at once.

You can even bail multiple times while collecting them, and still get the achievement.

While collecting pellets only ever perform one continuous combo. If you land it, make sure you bail after every single successive trick/combo.

I actually bailed the whole time and only landed a manual+flip trick (my only combo) on the last pellet following maka's pellet guide.

I didn't discover this, a player over at http://www.trueachievements.com has written this so credit him. I'm only sharing this with y'all, because this achievement sucks donkey d**k, done legit.

I was having trouble getting this to work, do you have to do a flip trick after the manual at the end for it to work? I swear I successfully did this like 5 times and still no achievement...