Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide was essential along with the videos on YouTube for me completing this game, except the Alice DLC, Thank you for this guide, and your time making it. Once the pictures run out, as if the guide isn't detailed enough, you can always look on youtube and go along, once again, thank you. :rock

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/alice-madness-returns/113210-nightmare-trophy-20-minutes.html

Hello brothers. There is a glitch to finish the Nightmare difficulty in 20 mins. Is it possible to do on Xbox 360 too?

I can confirm this DOES work on Xbox 360. I actually just read about that yesterday and completed it within a half hour last night :D

I can confirm this DOES work on Xbox 360. I actually just read about that yesterday and completed it within a half hour last night :D

Yeah, really works. :D I just try it on Chapter 1 and popped the Completing Ch. 1 on Nightmare achievement. Thanks much who find it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
AFAIK there is no glitch from the DLC, i got all the achievements with DLC weapons enabled no problem

The guide writer noted them as glitchy but didn't really expand on that. I was assuming that the DLC gave you a level higher tier weapon than normally achievable, (like the origional Godfather) and once enabled you were no longer able to upgrade weapons further nullifying the achievement.

I was about to play it through twice, 1st without DLC gear second with DLC gear on Nightmare but now I don't have to. I will play once to enjoy the experience, then cheese the rest of the 1000. Some games I work for, but this one isn't it. I got it to try it out on a whim Its cool, but 2 playthroughs would be too much for this type of game for me. I still have Deus Ex to get done before the next few games on my Gamefly hit release day need to go fast!

EDIT: I have the Weapon/Dress DLC and all achievements popped no problem, including last checkpoint on Nightmare exploit. Not sure if that was an issue but extra confirmation that it works fine.

Edited by Midnight Malice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what ARE these glitchy achievements, What can be unobtainable, and what should one do or not do about it? Noone went into detail about it so I'm just wondering if I should be weary about useing the different dresses and weapons? Also this is the free dlc that came with the game, correct? Thanks

Have been playing with the DLC on since Ch.4 started and haven't experienced anything glitchy or not unlocking yet...but other posters mentioned they didn't have any issues with it. If you're worried about it I would beat a playthrough on ____ difficulty and go for all the collectibles. You will have more than enough teeth to fully upgrade your weapons, mine were done by the beginning of Ch.4. After doing whatever it is you wanted to do (I would advise going for level-headed here), play Nightmare with your fully upgraded DLC weapons.

I can also confirm that the beating Nightmare in 20 minutes still works, even with DLC enabled (I had on a dress and all the upgraded DLC weapons). Some people may want to play through a second time, for the fun or the challenge, but those who don't can still do this. Also even with everything fully upgraded Nightmare isn't exactly a cake-walk :p

• 1 month later...

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/UX/Ls/0YCLiGJhbC82CBsFG1lTWDE2L2FjaC8wLzJCAAAAAOfn5-7Dck0=.jpgPulling Strings - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Defeat the Dollmaker without taking damage

During Phase III of this fight, I certainly recommend using a fully upgraded Tea Pot Cannon on his tongue on Easy difficulty.

ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS 900G, Feb 13th 2012

Edited by E vee dub

You certainly want to play through this game twice.

EASY

Get all collectibles, upgrade weapons, learn enemies' fighting style & weaknesses, and earn the other miscellaneous achievements.

NIGHTMARE

Just fly through the game. Only do that which is necessary to advance the story line. Hit the BACK button to skip cutscenes. It will still take 3-4 hours to complete, but you can do it.

Enemies are tougher, but you know how to handle them with your fully upgraded weapons and knowledge.

I'm offering this advice to confirm the guide suggestion to play through twice.

Good luck!

ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS 900G, Feb 13th 2012