Question about when to start the DLC's

OMGLOL1111

I'm not there yet but i did all the main quest and stopped at the last one. then i went for the side quests, i still have 7 to do.

once i finish the side quests, should i end the last mission before the dlc's?

or is it better to do the dlc's before ending the last mission

i dont know because in the guides, they called the last mission the "point of no return"

what do they mean exactly

also, i'm pretty sure i wont have finished killing 300 humans, im only at 88 right now, so i guess i'll keep killing some humans on the dlc missions righht? they will count in my total kills?

im asking because i dont want to mess up

You must be running through the game if you aren't even at 100 people killed yet. On my first character (which got all of the achievements), I had well over 1000 killed when I started MZ.

Anyway, I would do O:A ASAP. You kill probably 100 people there, and the reward is awesome. As long as you don't put on the power armor you get from the quest, there won't be a glitch (although I thought this was patched...).

If you have Broken Steel, it doesn't matter when you do this stuff as you can keep going after it's done. If you don't, clean up all of that stuff now. I did them in this order:

O:A (early, like immediately after I finished the Power of the Atom)

Most of BS (level 20 or so)

The Pitt (level 30)

Point Lookout (level 30)

MZ (level 30)

The only two I would wait until level 20+ are PL and MZ.

why that?

and i needed to know it it matters if i complete the main quest before playing the dlc's (for my kills achievements and others)

I believe they said to download the Broken Steele DLC because it continues the main story. So after the last mission in the main game if you downloaded the DLC you can continue and free roam as much as you want.

Now as far as your kills go while playing the DLC's. Kills, XP, and really anything else related to achievements all still are counted. Also if you didn't rack up 50 speech successes in the main game you can get alot more while playing the DLC's. Hopes this helps you and feel free to ask me anything about this game....I love Fallout sooo much!!! ^_^

It really doesnt matter, however you want to be near max level before doing Point Lookout or Mothership zeta. You will also want to be sure that you completed "You gotta Shoot 'em in the head" before you do Operation Anchorage because of the glitch

I did "You gotta Shoot 'em in the head" after Operation Anchorage, bc the armor you get from the DLC doesn't ever have to be repaired due to a flaw in the coding for it. I still got the achievement. One the mission I just gave Crowley the keys and after that the achievement popped. So you can get it after doing teh DLC

What I do if the karma level achievements aren't a concern, is;

1)Do Operation:Anchorage immediately, as you can use power armor

2)Then do the Pitt fairly quickly after Anchorage, becuase it is by far the easiest.

3)Then would do all of the main story and side quests and then do Broken Steel quests, as you can take full advantage of the level 30 cap.

4) Then do either mothership zeta or point lookout first, depending on weapon preference (Energy weapons for MZ, and melee/ small guns for PL). This is becuase they are funner and bring the biggest changes weapon wise, and don't kill the game early on.

I did "You gotta Shoot 'em in the head" after Operation Anchorage, bc the armor you get from the DLC doesn't ever have to be repaired due to a flaw in the coding for it. I still got the achievement. One the mission I just gave Crowley the keys and after that the achievement popped. So you can get it after doing teh DLC

I ment if you actually want to do the mission. Some have said as soon as you collect OA's armor from the locked room you get the cheeve for Shoot em

I believe they said to download the Broken Steele DLC because it continues the main story. So after the last mission in the main game if you downloaded the DLC you can continue and free roam as much as you want.

ok, so i can install the dlc's and finish my last mission "take it back" and i'll still be able to do older quests like "power of the atom"?

just making sure, cause i saved it for my karma achievements and i dont wanna mess up

I will post my question here :3

Hello,

After i finished the main quests in Fallout i installed the 5 Add-Ons. Broken Steel is the only Add-On which won't start. Is there no way to start the Add-On AFTER completing the game?

Sry for my bad english.

Ok I´ve completed the classic Fallout 3 yesterday (1000gs).

But in the end I sacrificed myself (completed "take it back" quest)....so my character is dead? I have no save after finishing this, just right before?

I wanna buy Broken Steel on disc soon....I already have The Pitt and Operation blah blah on a disc but it´s not installed yet.

What do I have to do?

Ok I´ve completed the classic Fallout 3 yesterday (1000gs).

But in the end I sacrificed myself (completed "take it back" quest)....so my character is dead? I have no save after finishing this, just right before?

I wanna buy Broken Steel on disc soon....I already have The Pitt and Operation blah blah on a disc but it´s not installed yet.

What do I have to do?

When you have Broken Steel installed then replay the ending from your last save and you'll wake up a week or so later from a coma. See, you didn't really die after all. ;)

When you have Broken Steel installed then replay the ending from your last save and you'll wake up a week or so later from a coma. See, you didn't really die after all. ;)

Ah merci my friend! :woop:

So when I get the Broken Steel disc, I have to install all 4 addons, reload my last save, finish the game and I´m sorted? Nothing is bugged or glitched?

Too bad you can get Mothership Zeta only via XBL download though :(

Ah merci my friend! :woop:

So when I get the Broken Steel disc, I have to install all 4 addons, reload my last save, finish the game and I´m sorted? Nothing is bugged or glitched?

Too bad you can get Mothership Zeta only via XBL download though :(

Mothership Zeta is also on the GOTY edition. You could dl it from a friend that has it.