The achievements look a bit challenging.

iamtfc

• 2 weeks later...
These achievements are ridiculous. I just played the trial and died twice. The character moves way too slow and the controls are unresponsive. Good luck getting 200 on this one people.

I agree... and why am I required to hold X to run when there is never a time when I'm not running? I feel sluggish even when running though... like there is a second where the game has to double take what control I just pressed.

I would say less than a handful of people in the world will ever get 200GS on this after buying it (which I now regret) think its going to get poor word of mouth & bad reivews due to how hard & unforgiving it is.

If your going to make a hard game at least give an easier option in the menu with more checkpoints this is such a shame its so good looking & the atmosphere is incredible & utterly stunning in places but the level of difficulty is beyond ridiculous. 2nd level alone will take most people an hour just to figure out what to do the difficulty goes from easy to impossible.

Huge letdown for me I have now removed from my scorecard as I had 0GS cannot see me ever returning to it unless they produce a serious balance issue patch. Whoever did the QA testing deserves to be fired there is no way on earth this game could ever be completed by most players let alone not dying!

I finally completed this after about 7 hours of raging and very nearly throwing my controller at the TV numerous times. The last two levels are definitely easier than the previous sections but some of this game is ridiculously hard due to the pixel perfect jumps required and the clunky controls. I have no idea how anyone is going to complete it in one life because I swear some of the sections in the game were luck.

I finally completed this after about 7 hours of raging and very nearly throwing my controller at the TV numerous times. The last two levels are definitely easier than the previous sections but some of this game is ridiculously hard due to the pixel perfect jumps required and the clunky controls. I have no idea how anyone is going to complete it in one life because I swear some of the sections in the game were luck.
Respect as this controls/pixel perfect aspects made me rage quit for now its ridiculous how they messed the game up by not paying more attention to the most basic controls/timing/colission detection.

Should have been like Limbo 10GS for beating the game without dying once not 90GS thats stupid & will hurt sales badly. Who wants to grind the achievements on this for hours!!

After just playing the demo I can agree with what has been said here. I know they wanted to get this out for Halloween to pay homage to the original radio play, but the game has spotty controls at best. Achievement wise they would have definitely got more sales with a doable list, that's just way it is, particularly being a downloadable game. At this point, they should just do a Capt. Picard character skin DLC so the narration doesn't seem so out of place. :p

• 3 months later...

I must admit, these ridiculous achievements have actually made me interested in purchasing this game >_> Not everyone plays games for easy achievements, or even for achievements at all. I've never bought/not bought a game soley based on achievements, nor will I ever. I buy games I think I will enjoy or will provide a challenge and then go for 100% completion.

And this game is looking more and more like a challenge....maybe I'll pick it up this summer during the dead season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to completing the game today & as others have said 110GS is quite possible but still challenging.

The final 90GS is I am convinced impossible & will never be earned legit as there are so many random timing based puzzles where instant death is possible even when you know exactly whats coming next the nature of the random timing means you would need perfect luck to traverse all of these in a single sitting without dying once!

Only possible way I can think someone may come close to getting this is if they had 2 Xbox360s in the same room playing the game at the same time side by side & use 1 of the sessions as the trial & error then when they are confident hop onto the 360 where they are going for the last 2 achvs but even then it would require perfect luck as there are just too many random elements where the timing pattern varies.

I doubt anyone in the dev team or playtesters came close to getting all 200GS its pointless including such achvs as no level select either so its all or nothing in 1 sitting for both achvs.