Compatibility pack problem

AX S16

Has anyone else had a problem with the compatibility pack? Ive downloaded it off the game marketplace, off the BL2 main screen, onto different devices yet everytime I start the game Im prompted to download the compatibility pack.

Ive even tried deleting it from my devices, redownloading it from each location, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. :(

the only thing I would suggest is to back up your character save onto a memory unit and delete the whole borderlands 2 game save off the system the installs and everything, but it sounds like you've already done that, personally I had no problems with mine apart from it originally costing 4 billion ms points to buy

Thanks guys.

Already have my save on a USB stick. Tried deleting the game install, clearing the cache, deleting the comp pack, yet as soon as I start the game up I get an endless "download CP" (not that CP) prompt. No more co-op for me :(

I had a similar problem. I started the download from in game menu and the download screen appears, but as soon as I leave that screen the Compatibility Pack disappear from download download queue.

I went to my download history and started the downloads from there. It worked fine after that.

I had a similar problem, did you download the Mech DLC as well?

Yeah dl'd that as well. I deleted everything bar my save game, tried reinstalling, downloading the CP and mechromancer from marketplace and from game screen, checked that they downloaded complete.... but Im still getting the "download comp pack?" prompt :(

So frustrating as everyone I know is playing online!

Yeah dl'd that as well. I deleted everything bar my save game, tried reinstalling, downloading the CP and mechromancer from marketplace and from game screen, checked that they downloaded complete.... but Im still getting the "download comp pack?" prompt :(

So frustrating as everyone I know is playing online!

Okay I'll give you the run down of what I did. I apologize in advance because it is long. I sincerely hope it works for you as it did for me.

First delete the DLC, comp pack download and the update. (clear cache)

When you start up the game, you should get the update (patch). After you've agreed and downloaded the update you should be at the "title screen". Press start and you'll get the prompt for the CP. say "no". You should now be at the "character screen". Dashboard.

Start game again (when Xbox stops making the loud noises- note I have an old Xbox and don't have the game installed) Again after pressing start, you should get prompt to download CP. say yes. When it's downloaded it should ask to return you to title screen. say yes. Dashboard when your at character screen after you've said no to cp prompt.

As before start up again (annoying i know) press start to character screen and say no to CP prompt. Now go to in-game download for Mech DLC. Once finished, say yes to return to title screen. Go to character screen and say no to prompt. Dashboard.

This time when you start up, you should NOT get a CP prompt. Then simply look at option to download mech DLC to get rid of exclamation point. Should now be able to play co-op.

Edited by Grifter Reborn

Bizarrely, the problem is this: my brother had downloaded the season pass (using his profile) so that was on the console. As soon as we deleted that, my game worked perfectly! Redownloaded the season pass (once again, using his profile) and my game glitched again.

I'm having the same issues. I've been trying different solutions for days, even been chatting with xbox support for the better part of two hours now. Nothing.

I have a slightly modified version of the problem: One profile works perfect, the other gets stuck in teh Compat Pack loop. Neither had issues before the compat pack. For some reason, it seems like the Compat Pack doesn't function like normal DLC where it is registered tot he first console it is downloaded on and works for ALL profiles there.

For even more bullshit: we have two systems (only one is available at night) and both profiles work fine when on two separate systems, but the second one goes tits up when on the same system as the first.