infinite enemy spawns on veteran?

CPT_Pequet

Hi is there points in the game where enemies keep respawning? I am doing a veteran run on the mission exec order and i am at the part after the office where you are trying to get out of the base. Damn communists keep comming no matter how many i kill making it impossible to move foward and find cover in the halls. Do they ever stop spawning or is it just me?:mad:

I assume your talking about the "Hallway of Hell" as far as I can tell yes enemies do keep respawing in the very back off the hallway.. It seems that Frags do no damage to them,and your team hides the whole time so here's what I did.

Pick up an Ak-47 with a Gernade Launcher,Have all Flash Bangs,Grab a shot gun as a secondary. Throw a Flash and start firing Grenades at the back of the hallway after every 3 launches throw a flashbang. BE CAREFUL nobody get's on the sides of you. Before you reach the end of the hallway get out the shotgun and run in the room on the left of the Hallway use the shotgun to kill the 3 guys in there use a flashbang before entering if you have one.PRAY TO GOD THEY GIVE YOU A CHECKPOINT IN THIS ROOM BECAUSE IT'S 50/50 IF THEY GIVE YOU A CHECKPOINT HERE. After you get to that room it's pretty much home free just camp the left entrance of the door with the shotgun and it'll pretty much clear just a few easy to kill enemies at the exit of the hallway.

yes they do keep respawning because this gave me one hell of a time. I used an AK with Grenade Launcher like said above and the starting weapon, mainly becuase you move quickly with it has good hip fire accuracy imo. When your halfway down the hall on the right is a comm room. There will be a few guys in there but if you can kill the two, hide and reload, and kill the few coming into the room you will get a checkpoint as soon as you make it to the other side, but it is a pain to get there. Good luck!

"Hallway to Hell" huh? damn that is exactly what it is and I have spent 4 hours and a broken 360 controller at this part. I get into the room where you get the 3rd intel for the level and i get shot up w/o a checkpoint and I have to start all over. I have frags and smoke grenades. This might be a noob question, but how do I switch those to flashbangs? I'll keep at it, and had I known it was the "Hallway to Hell", I would have taken it easier on my poor controller. Thanks for the hints folks, that veteran walkthrough video guide made it seem like the dood breezed through it on recruit. He didn't use much cover and just walked down and blasted everyone, I don't last 1 sec out in the open like he did. Arg!!!

Great, so I guess the whole "Hallway from Hell" isn't the only part I should worry about. Veteran is a b!tch and if I ever pass this "executive order", I am not looking forward to the parts where there are all those VC rushing you in the trenches and also the vehicle parts with the Hind and the River Boat deal. Arg! It pisses me off to the point where I wanna choke someone.....

"Hallway of Hell" on Executive Order and "Hill of Death" on S.O.G. are the only 2 really hard points, both have infinite respawns (I personally breezed S.O.G). There are a few more slightly sticky bits but nothing that will eat up too much time, pretty much easy after S.O.G.

when u reach the hallway clear out as many enemies as you can and then throw one or two smokes grenades and once they have created a smoke barrier move up a little. Once you have reached a certain distance there will be a checkpoint and immediatly after this checkpoint your team will move up and there will be a room to your right. Go in there and clear it out (i think there is intel in there also but i can't remember), keep moving until you reach the other side of the room and check around you for enemies and clear as many of them out as possible. Opposite the room you are in, you should see another room, enter it and this should provide another save point(there will be a few enemies in here so be cautious) this should also trigger a moment for your team to move up, after going through this room you are virtually at the end of the mission(if my memory serves me well) and all that is left to do is clear out the final 2 or 3 guys that come through the smoke, mission complete

If you need a video version of this NextGen Tactics made one and it probably explains it better. Skip to around 18 Minutes for the "Hallway of Hell" [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXb6m1l7qT8]YouTube - Black Ops Campaign Mission #4: Executive Order (Veteran Difficulty)[/ame]

Edited by RedDevils Child

"Hallway to Hell" huh? damn that is exactly what it is and I have spent 4 hours and a broken 360 controller at this part. I get into the room where you get the 3rd intel for the level and i get shot up w/o a checkpoint and I have to start all over. I have frags and smoke grenades. This might be a noob question, but how do I switch those to flashbangs? I'll keep at it, and had I known it was the "Hallway to Hell", I would have taken it easier on my poor controller. Thanks for the hints folks, that veteran walkthrough video guide made it seem like the dood breezed through it on recruit. He didn't use much cover and just walked down and blasted everyone, I don't last 1 sec out in the open like he did. Arg!!!

Actually I miss spoke you use Smokes not Flash bangs. It was late when I typed that.

Haha thanks dood. I had smokes and i back tracked most of the level and i found a cart with more smokes. Thanks for the clarification, I spent another 2 hours and no success, i did make it to the comm room w/ intel 3, but no check point and died. Arg! I will do this..... I must....

"Hallway of Hell" on Executive Order and "Hill of Death" on S.O.G. are the only 2 really hard points, both have infinite respawns (I personally breezed S.O.G). There are a few more slightly sticky bits but nothing that will eat up too much time, pretty much easy after S.O.G.

The only other part that I would consider a pain on veteran in addition to these two is on Rebirth Island with the tank... Other than that, there are really no exceptionally difficult parts in the veteran campaign.

you should do some research into how many soldiers were in the soviet army, then kill that many. Gotta end there, or the games not realistic.

Maybe even kill more people that the human population at that date

Are you taking into account how many Stalin had killed, because honestly that's a few million less that you would have to deal with in that hallway...

oh man, yeah research on the russians and the VC would have made the population of soldiers versus the player more realistic. i mean i could shoot and shoot and kill and kill, just as long as there is an end in sight. damn i finally beat that stupid hallway after 3 stinking days. bring on S.O.G. and Rebirth Island..... damn communists spetznaz rat bastards! USA! USA! USA.........

oh man, yeah research on the russians and the VC would have made the population of soldiers versus the player more realistic. i mean i could shoot and shoot and kill and kill, just as long as there is an end in sight. damn i finally beat that stupid hallway after 3 stinking days. bring on S.O.G. and Rebirth Island..... damn communists spetznaz rat bastards! USA! USA! USA.........

Yea have fun. I had to watch a video on how to do the Death hill or Hill of Death, whatever its called and it was a good one, but make sure to use the barrels. The first time I played I never used the barrels and I spend 20 min killing endless soldiers and then I got the checkpoint.

Do the barrels have anything to do with the level? Woods kicks one down the hill and says "we need more". What does this have to do with the level? Or do i just go for the hut in the bottom trench? Is there an advised route to spawn a checkpoint? I get close, but my team doesn't push forward with me.

Do the barrels have anything to do with the level? Woods kicks one down the hill and says "we need more". What does this have to do with the level? Or do i just go for the hut in the bottom trench? Is there an advised route to spawn a checkpoint? I get close, but my team doesn't push forward with me.

The barrels have gasoline in them and when you get to them, your invincible for the moment, you will stab into them and scrap the top with you knife to create a fire and then you kick it down the hill, it explodes and I believe it kills everyone on the bottom bunker and then one side is one fire and the VC quit coming on that one side.

When you get down to the first bunker after Woods goes down there there will be a bunker to your left and there will be a friendly in their. GO there and your team advances then in front of you will be a barrel, kill as many VC as you can and then run to it and push X, I think X, and then the left side will be done. Next go to where Woods is and the to the right there is another barrel. It is on the hill that has VC coming up it. Shoot the guys at the top and as many as you can around the hill and then run for the barrel as soon as you get both barrels down to the hill you get the checkpoint. Good Luck

Is it the bunker on the far left with the machine gun turret you can use? The barrels arent on fire and i try shooting at the one woods pushes down the hill and no fire. i see VC near it. Hmmm i guess i will give your method a try. Oh also there is no friendlys in any of the bunkers i go in, just ammo and gun turrets you can use until you take damage. thanks for the tips man.

Is it the bunker on the far left with the machine gun turret you can use? The barrels arent on fire and i try shooting at the one woods pushes down the hill and no fire. i see VC near it. Hmmm i guess i will give your method a try. Oh also there is no friendlys in any of the bunkers i go in, just ammo and gun turrets you can use until you take damage. thanks for the tips man.

Push the other one .you have to push not shoot them (you stab it then push)..

You should take cover near the barrel which is standing about in the middle. Shoot as many enemy as you can so you'll have a second or two then run behind the barrel, and hit x. It will give a little animation and a checkpoint.

Do this again with the other barrel and you are fine.

The far left bunker not adviced you'll be rushed and killed quickly there.