So what's everyone's views so far?

Howdo! How many of you have this yet? I bet not loads because of the price, which is understandable.

I bought it on Tuesday, and finally got to start it last night, and it's alright actually. It looks nice, the voice acting is typically brilliant as per usual, and the gameplay is enjoyable, but quite sluggish and slower paced in my opinion. The fights don't seem to flow like in the Arkham Games before this. Things like that and the grappling aren't quite as seamless as the others too.

I never played it on the Vita or 3DS, so it's nice as a big Batman fan to finally play this like with Assassin's Creed Liberation HD.

Howdo! How many of you have this yet? I bet not loads because of the price, which is understandable.

I bought it on Tuesday, and finally got to start it last night, and it's alright actually. It looks nice, the voice acting is typically brilliant as per usual, and the gameplay is enjoyable, but quite sluggish and slower paced in my opinion. The fights don't seem to flow like in the Arkham Games before this. Things like that and the grappling aren't quite as seamless as the others too.

I never played it on the Vita or 3DS, so it's nice as a big Batman fan to finally play this like with Assassin's Creed Liberation HD.

The controls feel off to me. It is clearly a portable game that has been revamped for the 360. It feels cheap to me overall, but I still like it.

It's a nice story but moving from between different scenery and combat at times is the worst of the games easily. Batman will sometimes just not want to swing at anything or if he does its thin air.

Cool seeing a new character though.

Yes the combat is awful compared to the others. But this was a Vita game so I am okay with it given my expectations. It is a very odd add-on to me that I am surprised they converted to 360. I am not complaining though since it is a nice distraction.

Initially the controls felt fine, but the longer I spend with the game, the more they are annoying me, combos just don't suit this game at all in 2D. In other Batman games, I loved the combat and was good at it, this one it is just weird. The map is a total mess, apparently this edition has a better map that's easier to follow....I dread to think how bad the Vita map was.

Pros

=====

Graphics are great

Sound is great

Boss fights are fun

Atmosphere is great

Cons

=====

Combo system feels out of place

Map is a mess

Puzzles or way forward made harder due to shit map

Price - pretty expensive XBLA game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It was a fun distraction especially at sale price but now the grind of being lost in Blackgate looking for secrets that don't show up on my shitty map is boring me to death. And what the hell is with the combat? Batman can leap 18 miles one second but can't punch a dude he just cape stunned?