Impossible!!!

Ademus XP7

I wonder why square enix would make a game that literally takes years 2 1000g.

1 year + to get a relic fully upgraded (is about the average), if you play 24/7 maybe 1 month to 75 a job (there's 20 jobs) ... thats almost 3 years for not even half the achievements if you play all the time. Not surprised people don't really know how long it takes.

Edited by Pocrage

1 year + to get a relic fully upgraded (is about the average), if you play 24/7 maybe 1 month to 75 a job (there's 20 jobs) ... thats almost 3 years for not even half the achievements if you play all the time. Not surprised people don't really know how long it takes.

3 years? really? wow. and i thought psu was bad.

I wonder why square enix would make a game that literally takes years 2 1000g. dont believe me? xbox has recorded only 5 gamers has 100% this game. so the question is, is this game actually worth getting??

They didn't. They made a game with no achievements and then added them in when they released it on 360 - several years after its release on PS2 and PC.

I'd say it's worth getting it if you can find a linkshell with active members> I played for 6 months and at first it was great, but eventually I found it hard to find other people to play with and ended up quitting. And this is definetly a game you don't play for the achievements...I on;y got 30G out of it lol

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say it's worth getting it if you can find a linkshell with active members> I played for 6 months and at first it was great, but eventually I found it hard to find other people to play with and ended up quitting. And this is definetly a game you don't play for the achievements...I on;y got 30G out of it lol

Yeah this is definitely NOT an achievement whoring game. The achievements are extremely difficult and time consuming so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone for that reason. However if you are an RPG fan it is definitely a must have. It is so addictive and the amount of customisation plus the friendly and active community makes it an immersive experience that can be enjoyed by the most casual gamer to the most hardcore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found the game enjoyable i tried at one point to play for the GS for it, but it to frustrating and everything, i played the game for like 2-3yrs str8 and then 2 more yrs off and on, and now i no longer play it, lol this game takes foever to do anything unless you have a linkshell with alot high lvl ppl and ppl who know of the game and know wat to do, but if you end up gettin this game you will either do playing it all the time and nothing else really, or return it or never play it again, out of the 5yrs i played i got like 300gs or so i am not sure, been to long lol

It's a MMO, so yeah, nothing is meant to be easy. That's how they can keep you paying $10-$15/mo. It's a time sink. Games like that are made for you to dedicate all of your time into "trying" to beat it, only for them to add more content. Final Fantasy is almost a decade old. They were doing it before xbox 360 was a twinkle in MS's eye. I started on my PS2 personally. But MS likes to have atleast 1k GS on all their games, so SquareEnix slapped on achivements which honestly, were catered more to veteran players than new ones.

Those few who actually got max GS in FFXI, were playing a long, long time ago. I have over 500 GS, could have had quite a bit more if I hadn't quit a year ago. Getting all jobs to lvl75 is effort enough, but to work on relics? HAHA. Even if I was in an awesome linkshell, I wouldn't put forth the effort or Gil for one.

(I lie. OH GAWD I STILL WANT AN APOCALYPSE!)

• 1 month later...
I've been playing ffxi since 2003, but less than a year on xbox 360. I'm not sure at this time if it's possible for me to 100%. Only time will tell in this time sink of a game.

How close are you now? I was just content that there WERE achievements added for previous years worth of work. I'm sure if I still played the game like I used to years back, I'd be alot closer. And now with FFXIV 2 months away, I may drift that much further away from that possibility.