Witch game do I do next?

AthanatosHD

Wich of the 3 games do I do  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Wich of the 3 games do I do

• Dead space 3
    • omertas
    • Aliens:Colonial marines.

I'm going to be in the minority here but Aliens was pretty fun. The MP could use a little attention though as controls for the Aliens are not the greatest and there seems to be lag more often than usual. But the campaign was fun to play, not top notch voice work but the sound effects are pretty great...firing a pulse rifle sounds like it does from the movie which was pretty fantastic. It's more fun in co op. Overall...I'd wait and find it for cheaper, I liked it but it isn't work 60 dollars and it's been so poorly received that it will probably drop in price sooner than most games.

Omerta:City of Gangsters has been a blast so far, I wasn't expecting much out of it but I've been having quite a bit of fun with it. It has a fun co op mode to it, but suffers from lack of maps to use.

Not very far in the campaign but it's been fun so far...that's all I can really say about that game right now.

Dead Space 3 looks great, controls well, has a decent story and great voice acting. Overall pretty great game but it's gone far from Dead Space 1...and turned itself into a 3rd person action shooter instead of a survival horror game. They throw tons of enemies at you all the time, there is really no suspense or horror for that matter. More fun with a co op partner I am sure but I didn't get to try that as I didn't feel like paying for an online pass just to play co op and beat the game in a few hours.

Achievement wise Omerta seems to have the easiest achievements. You can boost 615gs in the multiplayer really quick if you have a friend to play with. And the single player ones are pretty simple minus maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Aliens is pretty easy as well minus the challenges, most of them are simple but there are ones for like pouncing on 3 marines as a lurker within 10 seconds. Almost impossible unless you boost it or are playing the game against the worst players in the world.

But it's a fairly easy 800 or so points.

Dead Space 3 has you playing through the game multiple times in different modes. Not sure if you can play through any of them in co op though.

I'd go with Aliens, but that's just because I'm an Aliens fanatic.

I'd go with Dead Space 3. While it's not nearly as scare-inducing as the first 2 games, it's still a great game to play. Dismemberment still plays a key role in killing enemies, building weapons adds a lot of depth to combat (do you make an assault rifle with a shotgun, or a Line Gun with a spike launcher?), and the setting's pretty cool. I agree with all the drama in the game kind of spoiling the horror mood, but I still find it enjoyable.

Omerta's not even out yet, but seeing as Kalypso made Tropico 3 and 4, I'd at least give it a rent.

Aliens: Colonial Marines you might want to rent before you buy. The reviews for this game have been largely negative, mainly due to AI problems, uninteresting story and graphics that are worse than the demo (I hear they're worse than many XBOX 1 games). I might consider renting it, but you should do just that: rent before you fork over the $60.

So would you recommend Omerta? I put it on my rental list but ended up not being too sure about it.

I wasn't sure about it, it has a few minor glitches but I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far. I'd give it a rent for sure.

Edit: While I would still recommend at least renting it...my game recently glitched and corrupted my save and auto saves. I won't be playing through it again but just a heads up it appears the game can be a little more glitchy than I may have previously lead you to believe :p

Edited by Gackt

Given the choices, the only natural option is Dead Space 3. A:CM was in production too long, and as a result it shows with some parts of the game looking unfinished and lacking the polish it should have. However, if we expand the potential game radius a bit, we can include such soon to be released gems like Metro: Last Light. That franchise will finally get the attention it deserves, despite the unfortunate closure of THQ and liquidation of its assets. I'm confident Last Light will be Shooter of the Year material without a doubt.