X360a Event impressions

Wet Factory

Wow. I finally got to see what some of yall look like and boy are yall ugly. lol. just got back from the x360a event in chinatown for street trace and wow was i impressed.

when i first came which is late because i run on cp time they sat me down in front of a standard def tv to try the tutorial and single player tournament. cool. learn where the buttons are and the basics. play the ai on the tournament. didnt win but own the ai in some of the different levels. guy comes over. u ready for some multiplayer. heck yeah. this is what i came over for.

now this is where this game shines. this games is high paced, frantic board racer with guns and power-ups. As soon as you start you need to be in the lead or you be swapping places back and forth with everone as they blow you up or you fall off the courses. Shortcut knowledge is a must to stay in front. there are different match types. one strictly a race to the finish, deathmatch, collect points, and a hold on to and capture the flag deviant. tutorial will help you with the strictly racing only but you gonna need some skills and knowledge of the boards to take on the deathmatch and flag capture events. I got owned for those first events and the only one i did win was the races because i learned early where the shortcuts were. first four player tournament i came in last. Boo hoo hoo.

Following, talk to some gamers, the dev team started to tell us about the game. where they are headed, various tidbits. I got to see those sweet looking xbox 360 dev kits. why couldnt they make some regular 360's in black. anyway i asked about achievements and they'll be pretty standard with a couple that are hard to obtain. cool. but then they put on a game with just the dev team so we can see the game at full pace and how it runs over live. One was running on a standard tv, one on a projection and one on hdtv. hdtv really stands out and looks sweet. itll make a ton of difference when playing because of its sharpness and ability to distinguish items.

After an initial setup the start playing. Omigod I was such a noob by seeing the dev team go at it and make full use of the levels (awesome level design by the way) I was already making another leap from when i first came in and remembering their tactics for later. The dev team showed us wicked shortcuts and how to play each mode better. Everything was starting to come together in this franctic game. This game throws you head first in and you better get used to it or be left in last. After the showed off they invited us to an 8 player xbox live tournament. Sweet but i couldnt nail the hdtv so i got the projector.

It runs just as solid with eight players on live as it did on the same console. we ran five games in the tournament and dammit I didnt win I was only second. Last race the person pulled ahead of me cuz i ran out of boost and fell off the map. DAMN IT. I was trying to bring it home for x360a. The game was a ton of fun. looking forward to this real soon and any other x360a events that come up.