Change XBOX System Date 4 Easier 'Get A Life' Achievement?

Kaldo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was brought up on the achieve360 forums a while back. The consensus on there was that the leaderboards are what keeps track of your days/kills progress, and being that to get on the leaderboards, you have to be connected to xbox live, this is impossible. If you are on xbox live, the time and date will automatically update to current, this I'm not 100% sure of, but pretty positive.

Also, there was one guy on the gamespot forums that supposably tested this with no such luck.

Still, I haven't seen any solid evidence that it can't be done, so all those willing, go ahead and give her a shot.

How can you do this like that though?

You need to be online to get them kills in multiplayer because I bet you can't do it in instant action.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The only way I may be wrong is if you an change the date and time if it is connected to live and it sticks...

"someone should try this to confirm or deny"

LOL at crafty way of saying: "I can't be bothered to waste my time with this if it doesn't work, hopefully some sucker will try and confirm it for me."

Made me laugh, sounds like me.

Edited by RegentEagle

How can you do this like that though?

You need to be online to get them kills in multiplayer because I bet you can't do it in instant action.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The only way I may be wrong is if you an change the date and time if it is connected to live and it sticks...

thats right. touche sir. well i guess thats a no then

Im pretty, well almost 100% sure when you connect to live it will update your time. I always go to my friends house with my x box and the time becomes all messed up. But when i get back in plug it in i find that my time is back to normal.

p.s. it takes quite a while to get 200 kills legit.

If its all dependant on the leaderboards then we're all screwed as they are hardly the most efficient stats trackers when it comes to games. I guess i had no troube with weapon award counts so hooefully we'll all be fine. I've been an ultimate loser and simply marked the days on my calendar whenever i get 200 kills (always letting it save before quitting FYI).

Im pretty, well almost 100% sure when you connect to live it will update your time. I always go to my friends house with my x box and the time becomes all messed up. But when i get back in plug it in i find that my time is back to normal.

p.s. it takes quite a while to get 200 kills legit.

Yes, whenever you are connected to live you are unable to change your date. Theoretically you could just get the achievement outside of live by going to your dashboard and changing your date after each bot match but then when it unlocked, it wouldn't have the time stamp next to it(which I can't stand).

p.s. you consider 10-15 minutes quite a while? lol

Yes, whenever you are connected to live you are unable to change your date. Theoretically you could just get the achievement outside of live by going to your dashboard and changing your date after each bot match but then when it unlocked, it wouldn't have the time stamp next to it(which I can't stand).

p.s. you consider 10-15 minutes quite a while? lol

Yeah, just play 3 novice bot matches to 60 and one to 20...easy.

im triing right now im on 25. and its easy to get 200 u can do it n about 15 min by hosting a game against easy bots and use the the gun replacement with the minigun and the super speed on a small map and put score gaoal to 0 and time to 15 mins

Edited by darbis

im triing right now im on 25. and its easy to get 200 u can do it n about 15 min by hosting a game against easy bots and use the the gun replacement with the minigun and the super speed on a small map and put score gaoal to 0 and time to 15 mins

You can do it in less than 10 minutes on Morbias arena with enforcers and 16 novice bots.

I get around 260-280 kills in 10 minutes.:woop:

im thinking though..wouldnt you get banned for already having this achievement? Cuz i know you can get banned glitching achievements now/they can reset their gamerscore. I doubt they'd find u outta the millions but im just saying lol. try it out and if it works ima try it out 50 days after i got the game =]

im thinking though..wouldnt you get banned for already having this achievement? Cuz i know you can get banned glitching achievements now/they can reset their gamerscore. I doubt they'd find u outta the millions but im just saying lol. try it out and if it works ima try it out 50 days after i got the game =]

I don't know if they could enforce that. What about people who get 200 kills then travel to a different time zone, import their gamertag and get 200 more before midnight in the first time zone? Yeah, it sounds a bit strange, but it wouldn't surprise me if this has been done...gamers are an odd breed.

it can be done by just changing the date through the dashboard. i was going to make a video but i messed up my count and it unlocked early. but its easy. all u do is start the game without your internet connected. then back out to the dashboard and change the date. then start up the game. dont plug in the internet until u get 2 the main menu. then just host a multiplayer game with these settings.

GM-deathmatch

MAP-rising sun

SERVER

match type-player

match max players-16

min player-2

SETTINGS-

bot skill level-novice

bot combatants-enabled

goal score-0

time limit-15 (u can put any time u want)

force respawn-yes

MUTATORS

weapon replacement-change the weapons to the stringer minigun

speed freak.

then start u should be able to get 200 kills in that amount of time when its done and when it say saving unplug the internet cable and exit back to dashboard and repeat

gamertag is ben1029 if u still need help

it can be done by just changing the date through the dashboard. i was going to make a video but i messed up my count and it unlocked early. but its easy. all u do is start the game without your internet connected. then back out to the dashboard and change the date. then start up the game. dont plug in the internet until u get 2 the main menu. then just host a multiplayer game with these settings.

GM-deathmatch

MAP-rising sun

SERVER

match type-player

match max players-16

min player-2

SETTINGS-

bot skill level-novice

bot combatants-enabled

goal score-0

time limit-15 (u can put any time u want)

force respawn-yes

MUTATORS

weapon replacement-change the weapons to the stringer minigun

speed freak.

then start u should be able to get 200 kills in that amount of time when its done and when it say saving unplug the internet cable and exit back to dashboard and repeat

gamertag is ben1029 if u still need help

Very very nicely done! I tried but I thought that it would update the date as soon as you plugged the cable back in. So I'm assuming it signs you in/out of live as you're doing this?