Master Speed Demon didn't unlock :(

atheistium

I didn't have that problem, but I think the achievement is bugged. Why? Because in the Valhalla labyrinth (Speed Demon III) I took my time to find all the treasures before hitting the exit. After about 15 minutes I've searched everywhere and go to the exit and wham - Achievement Unlocked: 2 for 20G (Speed Demon III and Master Speed Demon). That was VERY odd, but I'm not complaining. :p So your achievement might be bugged...

Probably because you've been loading saves. It has to all be recorded on one save. So, try to do them all in a row on the same save.

Well the reason I did it on a separate save was because speed demon 3 would not unlock. So I tried it from my checkpoint in my previous play through and I got it... makes no sense as I was slower than my previous speed.

So I did them all on my current save and still screwed up :(

Hey guys, I had the same problem, after unlocking the third Speed Demon achievement in the Valhalla maze it didn't unlock the "Master" one, anyway here's how I managed to get it in the end.

Reload the auto-save "Xibalba" from Southern Mexico, then simply play through the rest of that level and the start of Jan Mayen Island up until the end of the Valhalla maze. Making sure that each of the three timed Speed Demon sections are under the par time. At the end of the maze you should get the Master achievement.

Hope it works for you too, it's a bit annoying having to go over that part of the game again, it took about 45 minutes from loading the auto-save until I got the achievement. I guessed this way would work before I tried it as it counts as a continuous play-through, bloody glad it did!

Cheerio.

Hey guys, I had the same problem, after unlocking the third Speed Demon achievement in the Valhalla maze it didn't unlock the "Master" one, anyway here's how I managed to get it in the end.

Reload the auto-save "Xibalba" from Southern Mexico, then simply play through the rest of that level and the start of Jan Mayen Island up until the end of the Valhalla maze. Making sure that each of the three timed Speed Demon sections are under the par time. At the end of the maze you should get the Master achievement.

Hope it works for you too, it's a bit annoying having to go over that part of the game again, it took about 45 minutes from loading the auto-save until I got the achievement. I guessed this way would work before I tried it as it counts as a continuous play-through, bloody glad it did!

Cheerio.

I'll try this tomorrow. tyvm

Just encountered the same problem. Its probably that they have to be done succesively on one save. That's fine. I'll try the above approach later.

I also encountered the same Speed Demon III bug mentioned. Took my time (~15 minutes) and still got it...

This did not work for me. :( Even after several attempts. The only thing I can think at this point, is to delete all saves, and play a new game to this point, and it's not worth it to me for 10 points. Got 990 gonna have to live with that. This sucks there's a bug in my opinion. Maybe one day they'll fix it retroactively or something. I mean I got the other 3 achievements, but not the one that says I got all three.

This did not work for me. :( Even after several attempts. The only thing I can think at this point, is to delete all saves, and play a new game to this point, and it's not worth it to me for 10 points. Got 990 gonna have to live with that. This sucks there's a bug in my opinion. Maybe one day they'll fix it retroactively or something. I mean I got the other 3 achievements, but not the one that says I got all three.

Do you mean you tried the solution that I wrote about earlier??

Do you mean you tried the solution that I wrote about earlier??

Yes I tried your solution. My suggestion worked for me. I am currently looking at it and thinking this is such BS, that the programmers did it this way. For me to unlock it, I went to my Xbox Settings, and deleted all my save games, and cleared the cache, you're going to have to google it, I don't remember the button sequence. I played from the very start, since I had no saves, and made damn sure I got in under the times, and as far as I can tell you have no way of knowing. As soon as I made that last right turn I drove as fast as I could into that last wall, and bam got the achievement.

I don't know if all this is necessary, but I can confirm it did work for me. You can see my gamertag sawred4444, it's the last achievement for me to unlock, and I will never play this game again. I do like the TR games, but I sure hope the next one isn't near as buggy as this one.

This bug has cost me a lot of time for some groups carelessness on the code. They should patch this.

What do you guys mean by using more than one save? I let the game autosave as usual and I only saved before the first speed demon race. Then I messed up once on the first speed demon race so I reloaded that save and continued from there.

Its still the same game because I have not gone back to a previous save other than the latest save so my achievement shouldnt be glitched when I do it right?

What do you guys mean by using more than one save? I let the game autosave as usual and I only saved before the first speed demon race. Then I messed up once on the first speed demon race so I reloaded that save and continued from there.

Its still the same game because I have not gone back to a previous save other than the latest save so my achievement shouldnt be glitched when I do it right?

It should be OK, as long as you play through it in a linear fashion. I.e. without backtracking and reloading old saves to play through a particular single Speed Demon section.

I'm not 100% sure though sorry..

I didn't have that problem, but I think the achievement is bugged. Why? Because in the Valhalla labyrinth (Speed Demon III) I took my time to find all the treasures before hitting the exit. After about 15 minutes I've searched everywhere and go to the exit and wham - Achievement Unlocked: 2 for 20G (Speed Demon III and Master Speed Demon). That was VERY odd, but I'm not complaining. :p So your achievement might be bugged...

Same here. In fact, I only had one Speed Demon achievement and then two unlocked along with Master Speed Demon.

I'm having trouble entering the cave under the statue, keep driving right into the pit. I notice that most people complete the right puzzle first. I didn't. Bug?

i kept driving into the pit too.. my problem was that i was accelerating the whole way down the stairs and over the pit cuz i thought it wouldnt make it but it turned out that i just needed to stop accelerating before the gap.

I'm having trouble entering the cave under the statue, keep driving right into the pit. I notice that most people complete the right puzzle first. I didn't. Bug?

after falling in the pit three times in a row i figured it out. it's not an acceleration problem, you just have to be all the way to the right when you go over the pit. that's where the proper ramp is. i'm guessing you're driving more towards the middle or left and you go over the pit, hit your head on the ceiling, and fall straight down into it? go to the right and you should be fine.