Anyone get 10X Multiplier?

Guest Hardware

Guest Hardware

I'm curious how long this takes to get? I assume well over 500,000 points on your first life, but I would like some type of clarification. Thanks for any info. Just trying to decide if it's worth shooting for. No pun intended.

Guest Hardware

ST TheKing has it he said he got his around 950,000.

On one life? If so that's ridiculous. Last night I got 479,000 on my first life. Just missing the only Achievement I am still working for. Some people are truely awesome at this game. Surely it takes time to get that good.

Guest Hardware

you get the multipliers by ships killed not score...i got 7 once...but i killed all the tiny ships (when like 400 of them come out of the corners) using your bombs do not count towards the multiplier..

Yeah you are right. I do remember seeing it had to do with the ships, but completely forgot about that. Good tip on the bombs, I'm going to attempt to play without them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had the 10x multiplier achievement for a few months now, and im not really sure if it has anything to do with ships, the game i got the 10x mult. i also survived 1 million, so if you survive 1 million, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the 10x multiplier also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From this site's just added achievement guide:

A multiplier is awarded after defeating 25 enemies without dying. Every 25 kills is another multiplier. Apparently a x10 multiplier is achieved by killing 2,000 enemies.

But that doesn't make sense. If you get it every 25 kills, that means it'd be 250 kills, not 2000.

So I'm lost.

• 2 weeks later...

That guide must be wrong. I got it just before 1 million on one life. The thing that pissed me off was that I died at 989,000. I got it about a week later, but the best thing to do is keep trying. There is a thin line between using bombs and killing enemies. Since it is off of ships killed, you should try and kill as many guys until you absoultely have to use a bomb. If you are going for the survive 1 million achievement you should be more liberal with the bombs so that you don't lose that life.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...