Achievement Discussion Thread

Barad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list seems like an annoying grind (weapon kills, specifically speaking) but I'll be too busy playing through the game 70 plus times to give a shit. Best I can hope for is just getting these achievements naturally as I romp through Columbia. Fingers crossed these kills will accumulate through multiple games, and I won't be forced to use specific weapons for certain periods at a time in a single playthrough if I want to bother getting all the achievements.

Scavenger Hunt - Completed the game in 1999 mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine.

Sounds like the Brass Balls of Bioshock Infinite.

Looks like the Bioshock developers were like, "complete the game without using Vita-Chambers is to easy for Bioshock Infinite. Lets make the gamers play through the entire game without purchasing ammo, health, etc". But in a way, Scavenger Hunt doesn't sound to bad. Going to have to get used to shooting in burst and combining plasmids.

At least there is no multiplayer achievements.

Edited by MeonOner

This list seems like an annoying grind (weapon kills, specifically speaking) but I'll be too busy playing through the game 70 plus times to give a shit. Best I can hope for is just getting these achievements naturally as I romp through Columbia. Fingers crossed these kills will accumulate through multiple games, and I won't be forced to use specific weapons for certain periods at a time in a single playthrough if I want to bother getting all the achievements.

Yeah I hope the kills are cumulative through multiple playthroughs too or we're able to exploit some kind of checkpoint farming. The list isn't bad, but it's not very creative. A few too many of the "get x-amount of kills" achievements.

At least there is no multiplayer achievements.

Crazy huh? Seeing as there is no multiplayer and all.

Loved Bioshock 1/2's achievements, a nice mix of stuff but this feels like there's too much "kill enemys with" etc

Still, this game looks so amazing (bioshock 1 is my favourite game to date, hopefully this game will change that) I'm actually not bothered too much about the achievements cause I'm going to be playing it so much anyway.

A grind? Gears of War series, now those lists are grinds. Killing 30 enemies with a specific weapon doesn't seem like grinding to me. That's just my opinion though. I do agree with you and hope these are accumulative so it doesn't dictate how I play the game. I won't care at all about achievements for my first playthrough anyway, but it would be nice to know that the kills I get carry over. I have a feeling they won't though.

A grind? Gears of War series, now those lists are grinds. Killing 30 enemies with a specific weapon doesn't seem like grinding to me. That's just my opinion though. I do agree with you and hope these are accumulative so it doesn't dictate how I play the game. I won't care at all about achievements for my first playthrough anyway, but it would be nice to know that the kills I get carry over. I have a feeling they won't though.

I agree, the achievements are small enough that they really aren't grinds, more of just a way to get you try out the weapon and try a few different ways of using it. Plus 2 playthroughs look mandatory. Once on Easy/Normal/Hard and once in 1999 mode. I might do 3 playthroughs though. Once on Easy/Medium, once on Hard and once in 1999 mode. I guess it depends how I feel after my first playthrough and if 1999 mode is unlocked regardless of difficulty beaten.

Worst list I've seen from a game of this hype. So annoying how they've put no effort into them. Just add loads of "kill x" things and be done with it!

Kind of have to agree. Don't mind a few x kills with y weapon, but this is a bit much. Lost opportunity to do some fun creative achievements.

Auld Lang syne: love the robbie burns reference

Scavenger hunt looks like a good rocking challenge :)

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of have to agree. Don't mind a few x kills with y weapon, but this is a bit much. Lost opportunity to do some fun creative achievements.

Auld Lang syne: love the robbie burns reference

Scavenger hunt looks like a good rocking challenge :)

yeah, the achievements are nothing like the last 2 bioshock's. 90% of this list is going to be a breeze. scavenger hunt will definitely be the hardest by the looks of it, it really just comes down to how hard 1999 mode really is...

Edited by the real a 0bsolete

The secret achievements seem to be all story-related:

Written in the Clouds

0oCLiGJhbC8RDhoEGlxTWTVkL2FjaC8wLzRlAAAAAOfn5-24Xbw=.jpg 5 :gsicon:

Completed Lighthouse.

Welcome to Monument Island

1YCLiGJhbC9GAxoEGlxTWTVkL2FjaC8wLzkyAAAAAOfn5-r1Fpc=.jpg 10 :gsicon:

Reached Monument Island.

Shock Tactics

1oCLiGJhbC9EAxoEGlxTWTVkL2FjaC8wLzkwAAAAAOfn5-k057E=.jpg 10 :gsicon:

Retrieved Shock Jockey.

First Class Ticket