The Bloody Palace Guide

Demon9Tom

First to unlock the Bloody Palace you need to complete the game on the Devil Hunter difficulty, once it is unlocked it will appear underneath the other difficulties that you have unlocked.

The Bloody Palace is made up of 101 floors each one is a circular shape with a teleporter in the middle, which will activate once all enemies are dead and take you to the next floor. You will start off with 2 minutes in time and can add more time by completing stages and killing enemies (see below for details). You cannot use ANY items, cannot save, and have no way of continuing, so dying means restarting the Palace. Each floor has a pre determined collection of enemies that gradually get harder as you progress through the palace, these enemies include all the enemies encountered in the game including the bosses: Berial, Bael, Echidna, Angelo Credo, Angelo Agnus, and Dante.

You can Play the Bloody Palace as either Nero or as Dante and both can use their super forms (unlimited Devil Trigger (DT)), which is unlocked by completing the "Dante Must Die" (DMD) Difficulty, however using the super forms will reduce your final score to 1/5 its original value.

Enemies That Drop Green Orbs (Health):

Certain enemies will regularly drop health, use these stages to refill your depleted health, if your health is already full green orbs will be counted as red orbs.

- Gladius

Enemy Bonuses (Enemy/Time Added):

The amount of time you receive for killing each enemy is listed here (A-Z):

- Alto Angelo +20 Seconds

- Assault +10 Seconds

- Basilisk +5 Seconds

- Bianco Angelo +10 Seconds

- Blitz +30 Seconds

- Chimera +(Determined by Host)

- Chimera Seed +2 Seconds

- Cutlass +15 Seconds

- Faust +20 Seconds

- Frost +10 Seconds

- Gladius +2 seconds

- Mega Scarecrow +15 Seconds

- Mephisto +10 Seconds

- Scarecrow +5 Seconds

You also get a time bonus at the start and the end of a boss fight.

Other Bonuses:

Several over time bonuses received in the Bloody Palace:

- D Rank Bonus +1 Seconds

- C Rank Bonus +2 Seconds

- B Rank Bonus +3 Seconds

- No Damage Bonus (Stages 1-19) + 30 Seconds

- No Damage Bonus (Stages 21+) + 20 Seconds

- Stage Clear Bonus (Stages 1-19) + 15 Seconds *

- Stage Clear Bonus (Stages 21+) + 10 Seconds *

* You will receive a stage clear bonus instead of a no damage bonus if you are hit at any point during a stage.

Deductions:

- Super Nero Used = Final Score x 0.2 (1/5 Final score)

- Super Dante Used = Final Score x 0.2 (1/5 Final score)

S Rank:

The King Of The Palace achievement requires you to complete the Bloody Palace (finish level 101) with an S Rank. To get this achievement you will need to complete the palace as the majority of the points required come from finishing the Palace.

You will need to score over 3,000,000 points in order to get an S rank, you should score this many points simply by completing the Bloody Palace (as long as you do NOT use a super character).

Following is a complete list of all levels of the Bloody Palace:

Stage/Enemies Encountered:

1. Scarecrow x 3
  2. Scarecrow x 4
  3. Scarecrow x 6
  4. Frost x 2
  5. Bianco Angelo x2
  6. Mephisto x 3
  7. Gladius x 6
  8. Chimera Seed x 9
  9. Chimera Seed x 9, Scarecrow x3
  10. Scarecrow x 12
  11. Assault x 2
  12. Mega Scarecrow x2
  13. Assault x2, Bianco Angelo x2
  14. Faust x1
  15. Bianco Angelo x2, Alto Angelo x1
  16. Scarecrow x6, Mega Scarecrow x1
  17. Alto Angelo x2
  18. Blitz x1
  19. Basilisk x4
  20. Berial (Boss)
  21. Mephisto x2, Frost x1
  22. Frost x2, Faust x1
  23. Assault x3, Frost x2
  24. Assault x 3, Basilisk x 4
  25. Assault x3, Blitz x1
  26. Blitz x1, Basilisk x4
  27. Frost x2, Bianco Angelo x2
  28. Assault x2, Gladius x8
  29. Blitz x1, Gladius x5
  30. Frost x4, Assault x6, Blitz x1
  31. Chimera Seed x6, Mephisto x3
  32. Scarecrow x3, Faust x1
  33. Mephisto x2, Mega Scarecrow x1
  34. Mephisto x6
  35. Mephisto x3, Frost x1
  36. Scarecrow x2, Faust x1
  37. Mephisto x2, Assault x3
  38. Mephisto x2, Blitz x1
  39. Chimera Seed x9, Faust x1
  40. Bael (Boss)
  41. Chimera Seed x9
  42. Chimera x5, Chimera Seed x5
  43. Chimera x4
  44. Chimera Seed x6, Gladius x6
  45. Chimera x2, Blitz x1
  46. Basilisk x2, Chimera Seed x4
  47. Chimera Seed x5, Bianco Angelo x2, Alto Angelo x1
  48. Scarecrow x1, Chimera Seed x6
  49. Chimera x3, Faust x1
  50. Scarecrow x6, Chimera Seed x12, Assault x4
  51. Scarecrow x6
  52. Scarecrow x3, Gladius x8
  53. Mega Scarecrow x3, Frost x2
  54. Scarecrow x5, Alto Angelo x1
  55. Mega Scarecrow x1, Faust x1
  56. Mega Scarecrow x1, Alto Angelo x2
  57. Scarecrow x4, Mephisto x3
  58. Mega Scarecrow x1, Basilisk x5
  59. Chimera x2, Mega Scarecrow x1, Chimera Seed x4
  60. Echidna (Boss)
  61. Bianco Angelo x4
  62. Cutlass x2, Bianco Angelo x3
  63. Blitz x1, Bianco Angelo x2
  64. Bianco Angelo x1, Gladius x6
  65. Bianco Angelo x7, Alto Angelo x1
  66. Alto Angelo x1, Basilisk x4
  67. Blitz x1, Alto Angelo x2
  68. Bianco Angelo x2, Scarecrow x6
  69. Alto Angelo x1, Frost x2
  70. Bianco Angelo x10 (15 - 20), Alto Angelo x2 *
  71. Gladius x16
  72. Mega Scarecrow x1, Gladius x9
  73. Gladius x8, Frost x1
  74. Cutlass x2, Basilisk x4
  75. Alto Angelo x1, Cutlass x3
  76. Cutlass x4, Gladius x8
  77. Basilisk x10
  78. Frost x2, Basilisk x4
  79. Cutlass x2, Basilisk x2, Gladius x4
  80. Angelo Credo (Boss)
  81. Mega Scarecrow x1, Scarecrow x5
  82. Mephisto x4, Faust x1
  83. Frost x3
  84. Chimera x4, Chimera Seed x10
  85. Blitz x2, Chimera Seed x3
  86. Bianco Angelo x2, Alto Angelo x1
  87. Basilisk x4, Gladius x7
  88. Cutlass x3, Bianco Angelo x2
  89. Mega Scarecrow x3, Blitz x1
  90. Scarecrow x20, Mega scarecrow x3, Chimera Seed x3
  91. Faust x3
  92. Alto Angelo x3, Bianco Angelo x4
  93. Assault x8
  94. Chimera x3, Chimera Seed x6, Bianco Angelo x2
  95. Basilisk x16, Chimera Seed x4
  96. Gladius x8, Cutlass x3, Bianco Angelo x3
  97. Mephisto x6, Mega Scarecrow x2
  98. Chimera x4, Chimera Seed x3
  99. Alto Angelo x2, Bianco Angelo x44
  100. Angelo Agnus (Boss)
  101. Dante (Boss)

* Marked levels may have incorrect enemy numbers, if you notice any others please let me know which levels. Exact enemy numbers for these levels is also appreciated.

Edited by Demon9Tom

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Achievements:

Completing the Bloody Palace will unlock the following achievements:

- The First Circle (10GS) - Complete 10 Stages.

- The Second Circle (10GS) - Complete 20 Stages.

- The Third Circle (10GS) - Complete 30 Stages.

- The Fourth Circle (10GS) - Complete 40 Stages.

- The Fifth Circle (10GS) - Complete 50 Stages.

- The Sixth Circle (10GS) - Complete 60 Stages.

- The Seventh Circle (10GS) - Complete 70 Stages.

- The Eight Circle (10GS) - Complete 80 Stages.

- The Ninth Circle (10GS) - Complete 90 Stages.

- Covered in Blood (40GS) - Complete the Bloody Palace

- King of the Palace (50GS) - Complete the Bloody Palace with an S Rank.

I'm planning on expanding this thread to contain a section for strategies for beating normal enemies and bosses in the bloody palace using both Nero and Dante, if you have any strategies you'd like to add post them here and I will add them to the guide when I get a chance.

Strategies for completing the Bloody Palace Using Nero:

Nero:

Regular Enemies:

Strategies that work on the regular enemies of the Bloody Palace

- Alto Angelo:

- Assault:

- Basilisk:

- Bianco Angelo:

- Blitz:

Submitted By Ownasaur:

If you are using Nero then use the same strategy, just use his charge shot 3 on the Blue Rose. I swap between using charge 3 and charge 2. Eventually you will be able to attack. Be extra sure you activate your Devil Trigger while using Nero and be sure to grab the Blitz as well. Your throw will do more damage with DT active and continually hit X while in the throw animation to add more damage with the knives.

Submitted By bungmonkey:

Blitzes really aren't a problem at all except on the floor with 2 of them (the hardest floor in the whole palace IMO) Just jump around air hiking while charging your gun and blasting them until the shield wears off. At this point you'll want to DT and buster him 3 times while spamming your gun key. As soon as the first one is done run straight to him and buster him again. Repeat 1 more time. After the third one give him a few slashes/gun shots and he will explode and give you an instant SSS rank.

- Chimera:

- Chimera Seed:

- Cutlass:

- Faust:

- Frost:

- Gladius:

- Mega Scarecrow:

- Mephisto:

- Scarecrow:

Bosses:

Strategies that work on the bosses of the Bloody Palace.

- Berial:

Submitted By bungmonkey:

I'll give some Berial tips, works for both Dante and Nero. Start off with a stinger/streak depending on who you are and position yourself right around the side of either of his front legs. While you are in that area he should do his little spin slash move nearly all of the time with his explosion move thrown in sometimes. Just sit in that spot and do some basic combos on him, nothing that you can't jump/run away from really quickly. When you see him get ready to slash at you just jump, air hike, and then helm splitter/split back down to your position and repeat. You'll want to air hike because when he lands from his spin slash the flames on the ground seem to hurt you sometimes. Always be watching for him to start his explosion attack. If you see him start that drop what you're doing and keep running away, if you react quick enough you will make it far enough away. When he drops his flames DT and slice him up for a bit as Nero then buster his head and buster him again while he is on the ground. For Dante switch to gilgamesh and use real impact as it does major damage. I can kill him pretty quickly without taking damage pretty often so it works for me.

Submitted By Adram:

Nero is capable of completely steamrolling Berial in like a minute or less. I think what messes up most people is they try to fight from the ground. That makes it really awkward to dodge his most common sword slashes while attacking. Also, you deal less damage when you're hitting his body.

Just right in his face and Aerial Combo like crazy. Get the timing down and rev every single hit. From this position you can dodge all of Berial's melee attacks by jumping straight up. With Enemy Step, you jump off of his head, then you still have an Air Hike for additional height. When he uses his explosion, drop to the ground and use Shuffle. Shuffle will travel right through when timed correctly and you'll be back in melee range.

The only time you have to leave melee range is when he summons flame pillars. If he ever decides to do his long range leaping sword attack, remember that you can use Snatch to fly over him in mid-air. And you can block the flaming leap with a buster.

Submitted By Bajan Elite:

hey i have a tip for fighting Berial that can get you through without taking damage as long as your good at dodging, when the fight starts just try to keep your distance and let your blue rose charge up to level 3, if he gets close and attacks then dodge and blast him in the face, then put some distance between u and him, as you all know after you blast an enemy with a charge 3 shot the take additional damage when the bullet explodes, so just keep your distance, dodge his attacks and blast his face with level 3 shots, when he becomes weakened and his flame dies down, you are able to use your buster, activate your D.T. buster his head and then once more when he's on the ground and make sure you are hitting the X button while in D.T. and you are doing the buster moves, so you can do additional damage with those flying blades, if he survives both buster moves then keeping shooting before he gets up and he'll die right after.

- Bael:

- Echidna:

- Angelo Credo:

- Angelo Agnus:

- Dante:

General Strategies:

Strategies that work on many different enemies throughout the Bloody Palace.

Submitted By bungmonkey:

I just completed Bloody Palace as Nero today and managed to take 1st on the US leaderboards so I'll give my tips for Nero. Probably the most important thing is to remap your controls so you can charge your gun at all times (I just changed it from X to RT, then changed taunt to X, not that you will use it in BP though). It takes some getting used to but being able to charge your gun anytime is a GODSEND. Another thing to note is that enemies not currently in your field of vision will not initiate an attack on you. Use that to your advantage. Also, something most people don't seem to know, when you are performing a buster as Nero while DT'd spam your gun and it will shoot out little phantom swords to give you extra style/damage.

Edited by Demon9Tom

Strategies for completing the Bloody Palace using Dante:

Dante:

Regular Enemies:

Strategies that work on the regular enemies of the Bloody Palace

- Alto Angelo:

- Assault:

- Basilisk:

- Bianco Angelo:

- Blitz:

Submitted By Ownasaur:

If you are using Dante, then use the shotgun/Pandora's Box combo. The strategy I use it to constantly jump while using the shotgun, you have a faster rate of fire this way. When the Blitz is about to do his beam attack move to the side and hit LT (the next weapon after the shotgun is Pandora's Box). Then use Revenge on him. Immediately switch back to the shotgun and continue until the Blitx isn't surrounded by electricity. Activate your Devil Trigger for extra damage.

- Chimera:

- Chimera Seed:

- Cutlass:

- Faust:

- Frost:

- Gladius:

- Mega Scarecrow:

- Mephisto:

- Scarecrow:

Bosses:

Strategies that work on the bosses of the Bloody Palace.

- Berial:

Submitted By Ownasaur:

If you are having trouble with Berial you can try what I did. If you are Dante, just keep spamming the the laser (Revenge I think it was called) from Pandora's Box on him. Eventually he will be low enough on health to finish him off up close and personal. I can drop about half or a little more of his health before I have to actually start getting close to attack him.

Same thing for Nero. Charge up Blue Rose to get the level 3 shot. After about 5-6 shots, his flames will go out and then you can use your grabs with DT on to get massive damage.

Be sure to pay attention when he rams his fist into the ground. When he does this just let go of lock and keep running. Even if you aren't at full sprint, as long as you keep moving the flames won't be able to hit you. Good luck.

Submitted By bungmonkey:

I'll give some Berial tips, works for both Dante and Nero. Start off with a stinger/streak depending on who you are and position yourself right around the side of either of his front legs. While you are in that area he should do his little spin slash move nearly all of the time with his explosion move thrown in sometimes. Just sit in that spot and do some basic combos on him, nothing that you can't jump/run away from really quickly. When you see him get ready to slash at you just jump, air hike, and then helm splitter/split back down to your position and repeat. You'll want to air hike because when he lands from his spin slash the flames on the ground seem to hurt you sometimes. Always be watching for him to start his explosion attack. If you see him start that drop what you're doing and keep running away, if you react quick enough you will make it far enough away. When he drops his flames DT and slice him up for a bit as Nero then buster his head and buster him again while he is on the ground. For Dante switch to gilgamesh and use real impact as it does major damage. I can kill him pretty quickly without taking damage pretty often so it works for me.

- Bael:

- Echidna:

- Angelo Credo:

- Angelo Agnus:

- Dante:

General Strategies:

Strategies that work on many different enemies throughout the Bloody Palace.

-

-

-

Credits:

People that have helped create this guide, thanks to all of you:

- Adram - For a strategy for defeating Berial.

- Bajan Elite - Added a stretagy for deafeating Berial.

- bungmonkey - For information regarding S ranking the palace, a strategy for defeating blitzes as Nero, a strategy for defeating the boss Berial, and a general strategy for playing as Nero.

- Demon9Tom (Myself) - For writing the guide.

- KrazyKevin1 - Pointed out that there may be a problem with the enemy numbers for level 70, also confirmed that a previously submitted stretagy may be wrong.

- Ownasaur - For the addition of a strategy for defeating the boss Berial as Dante, for the addition of a strategy for defeating the Blitz enemy as Dante and Nero, and for asking about the points required to receive an S Rank in the Bloody Palace.

- Prima Official Game Guide - Used for information like the multipliers and the enemies on each level, and to confirm my own findings.

- Rewmac - Pointed out a problem with a previously submitted strategy.

- tremberz - Confirmed that there may be mistakes in the enemies listed in the guide.

If you notice any errors or have anything you would like to have added please let me know, full credit will be given.

Edited by Demon9Tom

holy shit do u actually get a checkpoint at one point or not? i gt to level 20 and died on the fire boss cuz i had one bar of health lol.

No checkpoints, no saves, no items, so you have to do it in one sitting (you can pause though :)). Some enemies drop health such as the gladius, so try to survive to stages that contain these enemies to refill your health. I'll make a note of the enemy that drop health and list them when I can.

Great guide Demon. I know this will help many others along with myself in determining total points. Any idea on points required for an S rank?

I don't have an exact number but I believe it is in the region of 3,000,000 (3 million). I'll add that to the guide, and change it once I have more info. So if anyone has an exact number let me know.

how should u play bloody palace? i tried automatic , nd tht was much easier? ^^ :S

Using automatic or manual is just a prefrence, if your not used to manual you'll likely find it more difficult than automatic. I would suggest leaving it until you have played through the game a few times, so maybe complete Human, Devil Hunter, and Son Of Sparda, go back to get some S ranks by that point you should be very comfortable with the controls and the combos which will make getting through the palace a lot easier, not to mention you will have fought every enemy and boss many times with both characters and so have some good ideas on how to beat them, and of course will have unlocked more combos and abilities. Beyond that its all about practice.

Great guide, even though i can't get past Berial xD

Whats a gladius, lol, i dont remember them.

If you are having trouble with Berial you can try what I did. If you are Dante, just keep spamming the the laser (Revenge I think it was called) from Pandora's Box on him. Eventually he will be low enough on health to finish him off up close and personal. I can drop about half or a little more of his health before I have to actually start getting close to attack him.

Same thing for Nero. Charge up Blue Rose to get the level 3 shot. After about 5-6 shots, his flames will go out and then you can use your grabs with DT on to get massive damage.

Be sure to pay attention when he rams his fist into the ground. When he does this just let go of lock and keep running. Even if you aren't at full sprint, as long as you keep moving the flames won't be able to hit you. Good luck.

Its the enemy thats a sword, I believe you first encounter tham just before getting Yamato.

Ah okay thanks for that, remember them now.

Ah, i havent used Dante in Bloody Palace only Nero but will give it a go. Thanks.

@ Ownasaur

I've added your strategy for Berial to the guide, thank you for your input :).

No problem, glad I could help:). I am making another run on Bloody Palace right now. On level 21 at the moment. Going to see how far I can get without using a super character. If I don't beat it, maybe I can try to get an S. That way we can confirm if you have to beat Bloody Palace with an S to get the achievement or if you simply just need to acquire enough points for an S rank, yet don't need to finish it.

No problem, glad I could help:). I am making another run on Bloody Palace right now. On level 21 at the moment. Going to see how far I can get without using a super character. If I don't beat it, maybe I can try to get an S. That way we can confirm if you have to beat Bloody Palace with an S to get the achievement or if you simply just need to acquire enough points for an S rank, yet don't need to finish it.

I appreciate the effort and your help. Right now I believe that it is possible to receive an S rank on the Palace without completing the last level just by getting enough points. However I don't think this is what is required to get the achievement, that said I haven't confirmed this yet, if you could that would be very useful.

I appreciate the effort and your help. Right now I believe that it is possible to receive an S rank on the Palace without completing the last level just by getting enough points. However I don't think this is what is required to get the achievement, that said I haven't confirmed this yet, if you could that would be very useful.

Yeah, I will definitely try if I can. Got to level 35 but ran out of time. That was using Nero. I will try a run with Dante a little later and see what I can do.

Im another person needing help with level 18.. that Blitz just destroys me..

If you are using Dante, then use the shotgun/Pandora's Box combo. The strategy I use it to constantly jump while using the shotgun, you have a faster rate of fire this way. When the Blitz is about to do his beam attack move to the side and hit LT (the next weapon after the shotgun is Pandora's Box). Then use Revenge on him. Immediately switch back to the shotgun and continue until the Blitx isn't surrounded by electricity. Activate your Devil Trigger for extra damage.

If you are using Nero then use the same strategy, just use his charge shot 3 on the Blue Rose. I swap between using charge 3 and charge 2. Eventually you will be able to attack. Be extra sure you activate your Devil Trigger while using Nero and be sure to grab the Blitz as well. Your throw will do more damage with DT active and continually hit X while in the throw animation to add more damage with the knives.

Hope that helps.