World Tour mode is a joke

broie

Its impossible every time i get to a final im injured i got my condition up to level 7 or 8 didnt make any differance i was always injured in the final match you dont get very much time to make it to the big tourments either in season 3 and 4 :(

World Tour mode is completely broken because of this. Impossible to get to the final in season 3 or 4 without being turned into a cripple that can barely move or hit the ball. How the fuck is that meant to be fun? Idiots that made this feature, straight up idiots.

This is ruining the game for me. I go into the finals with my stamina bar FULL, and by the third match, you are always injured. No point in even trying at that point.

I thought it might get better in future seasons, maybe if your stamina bar gets longer due to training, but I'm reading that it doesn't work that way. If that's the case, this game is just broken. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

No way around it that I've found. Totally broken. I love how its ALWAYS a damn ankle injury, and that this somehow means my guy is now only half as strong, and hits it out all the time. Fucking ridiculous, how did they not notice that this is a game-breaker? >_<

Playing through it again and focusing only on getting as many stars as possible (skipping all mini-games when possible), stamina became an even bigger problem, and I kept getting injured even in the smaller tournaments (got my 750 though, so meh :D). Based on that, I'm guessing you'd have to focus a lot on landing on mini-game squares if you were to get your stamina high enough to be fit for a final. Of course you would have way less stars doing it that way...

I did it with 750 stars. It's true, you have to balance the minigames with your star events, and make sure you carry one or more agents as close to all times as possible. Make sure you have a recovery or 2 on hand and a shuffle to avoid the disaster markers

I did 754 on my second go on casual, and that was with a few screwups. It can be done.

Seems to get more doable the more times you go through it. Third time through on world tour mode and I mainly focused on mini-games and the like to get money. Because your mini-game level stays from before, your stamina levels up more quickly, and you can get to the point where you will be fit enough to get through all the grand slams (also managed to get over 800 stars in the regular season as well). Still kinda stupid that you can't really do this properly until your third time through though.

Good to know, hopefully I can stay interested enough in this game for a third season run. I'm going through a second season now trying for the 750 stars and ignoring most of the mini-games, since that seemed like the only way to get enough stars.

Played through a third time just trying to get money again, mainly going for mini-games and sponsor events for cash. Ended up with over 850 at the end of the regular stuff, and topped 1000 for the full tour. So, seems like its easy enough to get plenty of stars even if you focus on mini-games (didn't even bother with managers until season 4).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - it's so bad in so many ways. It's just a really terrible design decision. Some people will think it's just fine because they'll play through a bunch...but most people will be put off by it.

The only way I made it to Legen or Ultimate or whatever...was to play through once (where sure enough I had a busted ankle and got docked days leading to a poor final showing) and got 650 stars then went through again and ended with 850 stars...

But since the game portrays itself as a 1 tour campaign - no one should have to do this. Really silly.

• 3 weeks later...

after 3 tours :D

http://i.imgur.com/b6iM5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PxnIR.jpg

its obvious they did that on purpose so you play the tour more than once; in a way, its kinda like dead rising 2, where you're forced to replay the game 2 or 3 times to fully enjoy it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this is a really crappy stamina system, the makers of this game should reconsider their choice of this system in the next game, not everyone is going to play this game over and over again in world tour just to get some stars, you should be able to enjoy a game from start to finish. this sytem makes the game look shitty and it isnt fun to play with a character who has a crippled ankle, you just cant run and will lose most of the time, i even tried a sportmassage, but that didnt work either, lousy job from the makers !!