Something nice from Xbox in South Africa

ruslan74

Just so you know. :)

"Xbox received an email recently from the Reach for a dream foundation to fulfil a wish . Keagan Gillepsie aged 10 whom suffers from Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Stage 2. A progressive disease that affects muscular development. Keagan underwent surgery recently to help straighten his spine, shortly after the operation he fell, shattering both of his legs. Keagan informed Reach for a dream that he was a massive Halo fan even having never played a Halo game before. Keagan wanted nothing more than to have a Halo party with Master Chief.

Microsoft rose to the occasion to make Kegan’s 10th Birthday one to remember, the entire day was a complete surprise!

Xbox gave Kegan a 250 gig Xbox console, Halo Reach collector’s edition, Halo 4 and Forza Horizon.

Reach for a dream purchased a series of Halo toys, movies and books."

http://youtu.be/Qnp1ijPFSZU

(Anybody can help in embedding the video in this post please?)

An Xbox and some games? They could have went all out Halo for this kid. They did live-action stuff for a web series. Could have sent them... Or at least Master Chief. Or sent the Warthog from New Zealand as someone to drive it dressed and Master Chief and rode around with him.

Edit: Games he won't even be able [or have a difficult time playing.] I guess he could watch someone play them. Or just be thankful someone cared enough to send it.

I still think Microsoft could have done so much more though.

From my understanding all he will be able to do is games and computers, but that's based off of 5 minutes on google.

Still a very nice gesture. They could of really outdone themselves and given him the Halo 4 limited edition console, but a 250 gb slim is still very nice.

A little disappointed in Microsoft here. They had an opportunity to do so much more for this kid here and failed. Don't get me wrong, that's a decent gift but nothing memorable.

Master chief was at the party...

I'm sorry but if master chief was at my party... I'd be stoked.

I mean me and the chief would be out cold from shots... But that's not the point.

Microsoft did something decent, and for free!

A little disappointed in Microsoft here. They had an opportunity to do so much more for this kid here and failed. Don't get me wrong, that's a decent gift but nothing memorable.

I'm sure the 10-year-old in question would disagree.

Maybe you could share with us how you improve sick kids' lives, since you're so eager to raise the bar for others?

Master chief was at the party...

I'm sorry but if master chief was at my party... I'd be stoked.

I mean me and the chief would be out cold from shots... But that's not the point.

Microsoft did something decent, and for free!

Whilst Dog Face may think its nothing special, that 10 year old kid must have thought all his birthdays had come at once. Awesome move by Microsoft. Gotta respect them for that.

I'm sure the 10-year-old in question would disagree.

Maybe you could share with us how you improve sick kids' lives, since you're so eager to raise the bar for others?

Read:

10char.

You can ignore most of my posts. I totes missed the video and I see a Master Chief now. Good job RFAD and Microsoft.

That's cool. I'm glad they are doing that.

What? That was awesome of them. They did a great thing...

I think he means that they just gave him an xbox and a couple games. They could have gone above and beyond and proven themselves as not just a bunch of money gobbling monkeys.