Problems changing the email address linked to my Live ID.

Trash Man

I no longer have access to the mail address linked to my Live ID, due to changing my ISP, which is linked to my gamertag.

I've been trying for a few days now to change the address on the live accounts page but keep getting the message,

"There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

Does anyone know if this is possible to do? Or should I just make a new Live ID with the email I want to use and then change that Live ID to the one linked to my gamertag?

Seems silly making a new ID when I should just be able to change my address.

If you remember your password or your security questions and answers you can try the above post suggestion or call the customer service.

If you do not know that information (which was my issue), call customer support even though they will most likely not be able to help you. If they where not able to change it for you then submit a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) about your situation. I did this and a rep from xbox call me after 3 days and it took 15 min to change my e-mail.