Episode 1 Discussion

It's alive!

Release date: November 12th, 2013

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgvZay10jE]BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsJDrsKNYxI]Rapture: A Modern Day Atlantis? - YouTube[/ame]

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode One

Come back to Rapture in a story that finds Booker and Elizabeth on the eve of the underwater city's fall from grace. Developed by Irrational Games, the developer of the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this DLC features Rapture as you’ve never seen it before—a shining jewel at the bottom of the ocean, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite: new weapons, new Plasmids/Vigors, Tears, Sky-Lines, and Big Daddies.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two

In this DLC pack, you become Elizabeth as she seeks to bring closure to her story, and to BioShock Infinite’s. Like Episode 1, this DLC features Rapture as you’ve never seen it before and gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/bioshock-infinite-dlc/Burial%20at%20Sea%20-%20Episode%20One_KeyArt.jpg

Edited by LickableLemons7

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was obvious the game was going to have DLC (they had already sold season passes), I don't know why you would trade in the game, especially if you enjoyed the single player.

Because if they were like me, I was already 100% completed not even 2 weeks into release, and now they finally come out with this arena crap 4 months after. I was holding onto this game for the dlc but I may just sell it and pick it up again once buried at sea comes out. It'll probably be another 3 months til we see the first episode based on this track record...

When it was obvious the game was going to have DLC (they had already sold season passes), I don't know why you would trade in the game, especially if you enjoyed the single player.

You are right that I should have held onto the game. Unfortunately in my mass sell off of games (I think I traded in 39) when I was going to preorder the Xbox One I decided since DLC had only been mentioned with no release date I would just trade in Bioshock Infinite as well. Now I'm regretting that decision only because I see my 100% game dropped down to missing 10 achievements with just the first small part released.

Who would dare trade in this gem :(

Anyways, this DLC looks awesome!! Rapture is alive!

I was disappointed in myself when I did:(, but getting my xbox one preorder down from $532 (with tax) to $300.82 (with tax) tempted me too much, especially with Infinite itself getting me $21 at the time

You are right that I should have held onto the game. Unfortunately in my mass sell off of games (I think I traded in 39) when I was going to preorder the Xbox One I decided since DLC had only been mentioned with no release date I would just trade in Bioshock Infinite as well. Now I'm regretting that decision only because I see my 100% game dropped down to missing 10 achievements with just the first small part released.

you don't have to get the game now, you can still pick it up again when the first or both episodes are released

THAT'D BE AWESOME! Also, new vigors!

Ken Levine interview, below!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ipr0ii/bioshock-infinite--burial-at-sea-dlc-ken-levine-interview

I love how he mentions that Rapture has basically been remade from scratch and very little was pulled out of the main game. No wonder it took them so long to work on it.

Edited by BiggD

Trying to decide whether to wait for the GOTY edition or buy the game and DLC's now

GOTY would probably be out the soonest by next Fall I assume.

You can find the game brand new on eBay and Amazon for $40 and the Season Pass is $20. So there's your GOTY for $60 right there.

Someone remind me of what the AD on his hand meant? It's been a while...

It means...

[spoiler=Anna]Anna Dewitt. His daughter...who is actually Elizabeth

Edited by BiggD

I'm really excited about going back to Rapture, I always wanted to see the city befire the civil war and now I can...I really fell in love with Rapture in the first 2 games, I regularly look at artwork of the city and the timeline of the story.

I just loved the whole atmosphere and the mood of the place, really drew me in and I can't wait to go back.

GOTY would probably be out the soonest by next Fall I assume.

You can find the game brand new on eBay and Amazon for $40 and the Season Pass is $20. So there's your GOTY for $60 right there.

It means...

[spoiler=Anna]Anna Dewitt. His daughter...who is actually Elizabeth

true that.

Also... this DLC looks interesting from what I saw in the trailer.

I understand everyone is excited for Rapture and all, but I've been thinking and there were so many good possibilities left with Columbia. Shame they didn't do anything with it and never will now.

When I saw him light Elizabeth's cigarette with the Rapture backdrop ... I swear my heart started to race a little. I'm so excited! I'm so very in love with BioShock and can't wait to start this DLC.

The game is indeed brilliant! I can't wait for this DLC.