Well, I've made it to 77 challenges killed. Here's what I have left:

Own The Spot - Grinds of Destiny

Film - Solar System

Pro - Andrew Reynolds

Pro - Eric Koston

Pro - Terry Kennedy

Pro - Dan Drehobl

Thoughts on which ones I should tackle?

The Own The Spot is a given I suppose, but for some reason this one is kicking my ass. The Dan Drehobl one is where you have to Footplant the Roof, that doesn't seem to difficult but I'm having a nightmare time getting up there (and yes, I know how to pump).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Film - Solar System

Pro - Andrew Reynolds

Pro - Eric Koston

Pro - Terry Kennedy

Pro - Dan Drehobl

The Own The Spot is a given I suppose, but for some reason this one is kicking my ass. The Dan Drehobl one is where you have to Footplant the Roof, that doesn't seem to difficult but I'm having a nightmare time getting up there (and yes, I know how to pump).

To footplant the roof wait till you've pumped enough that when you're switching back and forth in the bowl and your guy is leveling above the roof. Just tilt the control stick forward a bit when you go out of the bowl and your guy will push out of the bowl and just footplant when you get high enough and your guy should sort of guide himself to an automatic footplant.

Film - Solar System

Pro - Andrew Reynolds

Pro - Eric Koston

Pro - Terry Kennedy

Pro - Dan Drehobl

Grinds of Destiny is probably the most difficult OTS, but it's definitely do-able.

For the Dan Drehobl challenge, it should be easier if you follow the direction of the arrows pretty closely, you can also hold forward to help you onto the roof obviously. If you're not getting high enough, it's probably the timing of your pumping, but it's possible to just jump into the pool and reach the roof straight away. Kinda tricky to get, but once you do make sure you 180 on the way down and don't bail :p

The Koston challenge isn't too bad. If you can Darkslide, then Melon and finish the manual and just ollie over the gap, you can run back along the cement pad and set up for a hardflip.

Solar System is really horrible, but could be used as a last resort.

The Terry Kennedy challenge isn't nearly as difficult as people think it is, you just have to take your time on your approach to the last rail.

And, I'm not sure which one the Reynolds one is, is it the inward heelflip, kickflip tailslide one? If it is, just get the kick flip tailslide out of the way and run back up the stairs and keep attempting the inward heel.

I would recommend Koston, Reynolds and one other (not Solar System).

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll be trying more tomorrow.

The Reynolds challenge is the one with the inward heelflip if I remember right. I honestly haven't tried this one yet, it just sounded hard lol

Edit: I'm an idiot, read wrong. I think I did that one first time, 'cause as long as you don't bail, you can have as many attempts as you want.

Edited by WogDogg

The challenge that i am stuck on is the Maloof money own the lot challenge, the trick list on the vert. I can't seem to be able to either air the arch or score a 5000pt trick. Any tips?

for the 5000pt do a kickflip, to start on the mega then kickflip,multiple late flip to get a x3. then doing a judo 720 on the first wall should get you the 5000

providing you keep your speed after the first wall and line up kind of straight diagonaly with the ramp, you will air it everytime. Dont ollie, just pump.

Fakie kickflip I thought was easy. just hippy 180 early and keep your crouch

Had a few problems with the lizard king pro and couldnt get the inwardheel flip to register for ages.

little bit of danger is too hard for me. Was happy I didnt have to kill that and Thorax Crunch to get it.

The challenge that i am stuck on is the Maloof money own the lot challenge, the trick list on the vert. I can't seem to be able to either air the arch or score a 5000pt trick. Any tips?

To air the arch just make sure to come down the starting ramp and pop up the other side of the half pipe from the arch and to immediatly air the arch. Don't ollie either, ollies will fuck up your transfers. For big tricks make sure you have a combo timer going at 3x and to get at least a 540 spin on your trick. I'd stick to a double kick flip/heel flip and then popping as many late flips/dark catches as possible before landing to maxamize the amount of points you're getting.

Can someone explain what they did to kill this one or make a video? Its "killing" me (lol) that I can't kill it.

This is the only video on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIXkEy6HoI]YouTube- Skate 3: Own The Spot - Grinds Of Destiny[/ame]

I haven't done this yet either, I tried for about an hour today and finally pulled a 1883. I'm gonna try more tomorrow, I hope so much that I can get this one, I'm now at 79 challenges killed and the rest aren't peachy either.

Today I killed the Andrew Reynolds and Dan Drehobl challenges. One more... one more....

Can someone explain what they did to kill this one or make a video? Its "killing" me (lol) that I can't kill it.

I grinded down one of the long poles on the side and that I had enough speed to go down the entire thing. The big changer that caused me to go from getting around 1,500-1,700 points to killing it easily was when I started grinding to make sure to keep doing tricks out of it into different grinds. When doing the tricks try to keep them fancy (varial flips, tre flips, inward heels, etc..). Don't forget to spin every time you ollie out of a grind into another one. Even a 180 spin along with a inward heel (compared to just kickflipping) will make a huge (I mean HUGE!) difference on your point total at the end.

I killed grinds of destiny without even making it to the end of the pieces. I landed in a manual in the 2nd middle gap and managed to do one more flip trick and I was at 2000. That and a combination of a lot of spins between grinds and you'll eventually get it.

I am stuck on the Brub-a-tron own the lot pool trick list. Can anyone give me tips on how to do the 720 spin and handplant the roof, it is the last one i need and i really need help. Thanks

Edited by Coullstu

Best way to kill The Easy Spot? (fakie 180 between the blocks)

180 up the first block, landing as clean as possible, then 180ing the gap. If you're falling a tad short, try grabbing your board (without a tweak) and you should get a bit more distance.

Solar system - how do I no foot handplant? I don't see it in the guide and if it was a mistake and it's actually one foot then I can't for the life of me do this without bailing.

If you do grabs etc then holding B does a no-footer I think. Or Christ Air. B does tricks with no feet basically lol. Use RB to do a handplant, then hold B to a gymnast plant.

Best way to kill The Easy Spot? (fakie 180 between the blocks)

I did this by setting a marker in switch, then ollieing up onto the block and nollie 180ing over the gap. Except y'know, it'll be a fakie 180, 'cause you're skating switch. Just ollie then 180 as quick as possible and you should get it after a few tries.

Just wanted to point out that checking your profile online doesn't always show an updated count of challenges killed. Yesterday I was at 79 on the game, more than 8 hours later the site said I was at 68. And I had only killed 2 challenges yesterday, so it was at least two days behind. All I did was count them from my skate.career menu. Takes longer but at least it's reliable, lol.

In other news I finally killed Grinds of Destiny today, snagged the 80 killed achievement!

180 up the first block, landing as clean as possible, then 180ing the gap. If you're falling a tad short, try grabbing your board (without a tweak) and you should get a bit more distance.

His method works, just make sure you ollie earlier enough to land on the platform and to have some moving room because it you imeediatly attempt to do the fake 180 he'll just snap his board against the ledge and fall over.