Sega Dreamcast

JoeCool7835

So i'm not alone!:) Currently playing through Shenmue.

I think that is was ahead of it's time with the online capabilities, its hard to understand why it didnt sell though, has some great games. Makes you wonder if things were different and the dreamcast sold, would Sony have even made it to the PS3

Well that goes back to the Saturn that if it had actually sold well and been 100$ cheaper it could have competed against the playstation that came out a couple months afterwards.

Dreamcast did have some great games, i remember buying Grandia 2 i believe on it and having a blast. Also i think i was one of the very few people who really liked blue stinger and would play it all the time (sure there were plenty of other good games but this one attacted me).

Personally the saturn was more fun to me, but thats probably since my favorite two games were from it. Either way i definitely miss the sega systems. Maybe since i just bought a saturn i'll pickup another dreamcast as well (i have 4+ controllers, the vmu's, and the system just missing the cords).

• 3 months later...

the dreamcast is the reason why sega lost the console race. Also the dreamcast is the reason why sega isnt making any more consoles ever. There was SOOOOOOO much hype about the dreamcast and sorry to say but it flopped as soon as the ps2 came out. Well i hope sega learned their lesson

the dreamcast is the reason why sega lost the console race. Also the dreamcast is the reason why sega isnt making any more consoles ever. There was SOOOOOOO much hype about the dreamcast and sorry to say but it flopped as soon as the ps2 came out. Well i hope sega learned their lesson

no, the saturn is the reason for the downfall of sega. not to say that it wasnt powerful, its just that there wasnt an quality games for it, much like the ps3.

that and the fact that sega kept pumping out variations of systems and different systems while there was no competition, essentially fighting with themselves for sales.

I loved my Dreamcast. Skies of Arcadia was amazing on it & is still prob my fav RPG. I had a pair of arcade sticks and used to play Street Fighter games on it quite a lot. Still got one but havn't used for a while, only a few games left though. Quake being one of them. Back in those days 4 player split-screen Quake was ace.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

SoulCalibur was the reason I owned mine. Then I bought MSR and Quake 3. Crazy Taxi was fun for about 3 minutes and then becamse shite very quickly. There were a lot of games that I would have liked to have played for it, but it's so much easier to load up an emulator now.....

The one gripe I had with the DC and one that will baffle me until my dying day was why on earth did they place the controller lead where they did ? ? ? ?

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/hardware/controllers/dcpad.jpg

I hated where it was and could never understand it's placement..... Maybe it's just me. And they can't blame it on the VMU input cause that's BS.

Yeah I love the Dreamcast. But then I love all my consoles really. Man, Jet Set Radio was so awesome. I want that on XBLA - and they probably could. I mean, we're getting Soul Calibur!

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/hardware/controllers/dcpad.jpg

I hated where it was and could never understand it's placement..... Maybe it's just me. And they can't blame it on the VMU input cause that's BS.

Yeah, but at least you could bend the lead round and clip it onto the back so it essentially came out the top - but that was still pretty weird anyway!

I still think it has the most comfortable controller.

No way - I totally disagree! When you had a VMU and a vibration pack in it, it was so top-heavy you always found yourself dipping the controller slightly. I mean, there's been worse pads (Jaguar, CD32), but this definitely is not the best IMO!

Man... this thread brings back memorys and tears for my fallen counsol friend. I loved my dreamcast. It was the first system i bought with my own money, and not my parents'. I loved the games, and graphics. Always thought they were ahead of their time. The controller was awesome. The memory card was sweet. It had its own screen, and could be taken out and played as its own little mini game!! That was awesome!! MY dreamcast introduced me to the SEGA ESPN 2K series and i loved them ever since.

Like most of you, i really believe it was Sega's fault with the Saturn that the Dreamcast failed so bad. NO one wanted to buy it, and trust Sega after that crap they put out with the Saturn!

Oh well... rest in piece my friend. You were a hero in my eyes.

;867260']Yeah I love the Dreamcast. But then I love all my consoles really. Man' date=' Jet Set Radio was so awesome. I want that on XBLA - and they probably could. I mean, we're getting Soul Calibur! [/quote']

SoulCalibur was a truly awesome game to behold. It looked good and played excellently as well. It was a massive leap up from it's little brother 'SoulEdge' on the PS1. (I did own both by the way).

• 11 months later...

I love my Dreamcast. It's the only console I've kept after it's natural life was over.

You'll never forget the first time you play through Shenmue... I couldn't stop playing it!

I've even got some rare Japanese stuff like Seaman (That game is crazy) and sum yank imports like the Typing of the Dead.

Fantastic machine.

I still have the dreamcast with 60 games. The dreamcast was the arcade console with classics like Crazy Taxi, Street Fighter 3: Double impact/Third Strike, Power Stone, Soul Calibur, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves and games like that.

The controller sucked and it was one af the first consoles where you could go online. Chu Chu Rocket online wasn't that fun but they were the first.