100 000, do you consider still an "achievement"?

Destro

Heck yes it's an achievement ! Considering how many games you'd have to complete or almost complete, it's a pretty big undertaking. Whoever gets to 100,000 should be proud of themselves. Or maybe ashamed at some of the games they played boosting that score...

Yeah. Either 100 games at 100% or 200 games at 50%, it is a lot of games and effort.

I'm less than 20k from 100k and I personally don't know anyone in real life with over 50k. I play games because they interest me, not for GS. I've played a few childrens games that are easy, not for GS but because I enjoyed the movie and the game was under $5. Even if you play the 100 easiest games to 100%, that's a large amount of time to put in to something and I think it's an achievement

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to value individual achievements and games over the overall gamerscore, completing a game gives me more enjoyment than an achievement milestone

It also give me good joy to complete a game, problem is too often there is one or 2 cheap achievements that i can't manage to go over by... So often i stuck at 800 or 900... I don't feel going true the hair pulling no fun to get it...

I definitely consider it an achievement because I don't know anyone personally in my offline life that has even 40,000 Gamerscore. Like some have already said, it may seem like there are a lot of high score gamertags out there if you like me visit this site daily. But that's because this site is dedicated to that. When you go to some other gaming sites the average gamertag is at around 20,000. It's taken me since spring of 08 to get to 115,000. That's because I've gone couple months at a time yearly without getting an achievement because there is so much more to do in life. Now that I have a job since April it's hard to come by time to play much anymore and I don't even have a kid or girlfriend. Props to anyone with a family that can find time to play. Another reason I don't have such high a gamerscore as some is because I have 100% completion and I am one of the ones who won't touch a game if it's ridiculously hard or has unobtainables.

Reaping... oh you ... lol You had me sold til your last sentence...

Another reason I don't have such high a gamerscore as some is because I have 100% completion and I am one of the ones who won't touch a game if it's ridiculously hard or has unobtainables.

All the rest i loved it, its so true THIS website as so many over 100 000 but the general feel of xbox live? Over 50 000 is RARE... or maybe its that people over 50 000 just don't play online... they just play solo games/boosting sessions lol because i rarely come across them online (just playing)

But damn i hate your last sentence... so you basically are going to miss good games because of shitty achievements...(or glitched ones) wich i find so sad... achievements are a +, like anybody i love unlocking them but no way they are gonna dictate wich game i play or not. Of course they may be an incentive to get a game i wasn't sure about(if its an easy 1000) or DON't buy a game i was like "bah... maybe" like an arcade deal of the week, if they are too hard.

But no way i will look at a game and say HOLY shit i wanna play this... but oh nop sorry... too hard achievements... (or glitched ones)

I think the pleasure of the game should pass first... and i think too many people give too much importance to this % of completion thing...

There is a TON of games i played on my profile, knowing from the get go i would only get 400 or so GS, and i didn't give a damn... just because i wanted to do the games.... I rather play 4 solo good stories and get 400 GS each, then play one game over and over again and over again just to 1000 it, redoing the same story over and over again at every sauce(doing it with weapon a, weapon b, weapon c, in difficulty a, difficulty b, c, d etc)

All the rest i loved it, its so true THIS website as so many over 100 000 but the general feel of xbox live? Over 50 000 is RARE... or maybe its that people over 50 000 just don't play online... they just play solo games/boosting sessions lol because i rarely come across them online (just playing)

But damn i hate your last sentence... so you basically are going to miss good games because of shitty achievements...(or glitched ones) wich i find so sad... achievements are a +, like anybody i love unlocking them but no way they are gonna dictate wich game i play or not. Of course they may be an incentive to get a game i wasn't sure about(if its an easy 1000) or DON't buy a game i was like "bah... maybe" like an arcade deal of the week, if they are too hard.

But no way i will look at a game and say HOLY shit i wanna play this... but oh nop sorry... too hard achievements... (or glitched ones)

I think the pleasure of the game should pass first... and i think too many people give too much importance to this % of completion thing...

There is a TON of games i played on my profile, knowing from the get go i would only get 400 or so GS, and i didn't give a damn... just because i wanted to do the games.... I rather play 4 solo good stories and get 400 GS each, then play one game over and over again and over again just to 1000 it, redoing the same story over and over again at every sauce(doing it with weapon a, weapon b, weapon c, in difficulty a, difficulty b, c, d etc)

I totally agree with you. I think of games like gears of war series, chrome hounds, dynasty warriors, and I like battle for middle earth 2 even though max gamer score is 750.

I rarely play online anymore, but I enjoy a lot of games, and my completion percent is low but I have over 50,000 gamer score, and even game I have play I get at least one achievement in it.

I haven't play much lately but in the past I challenge myself to get one achievement every day for a year, it was a blast and a challenge to make sure I got an achievement on days I didn't have a lot of time because of my job.

Reason I don't touch games with very hard achievements like the Lost Planets or Ninja Gaiden is because I have a horrible anger problem and games tend to piss me off to no end if I'm constantly dying. I can't help it, lol. I don't want to break another controller just to try and complete a game. I've completed all the Gears games but I didn't really think they were technically hard, just time consuming. Also I in no way shape or form am not going to buy a game from a developer who won't get their crap together and fix glitched achievements or unobtainables with a simple patch to unlock offline. Should be able to get all achievements in a game no matter how old.

I try to consider every new 10,000 mark to be a milestone. Yeah 100k is easier to get now than it used to be, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be proud for hitting it. People have lives outside of xbox, the pace of each player can't be measured against other people. I hit 100k hours before the xbox one came out, and until recently never had an opportunity to try for anything after that, I'll probably still be happy to hit 104k, 110k and every mark after that.

It's a big deal for some of us, especially those of us who have worked at it for years now, and have conquered difficult and time consuming games. I'd rather not add something like Monster Madness to my tag knowing that I'll never be able to fully complete it, no matter how much I master the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
100k was alot, but now that all xbone games, even indie/arcade, are being released with full 1K gamerscores, and alot of those arcade games are easy to get the full thousand, 100k is not going to be such a difficult thing to obtain any more

You're absolutely right about these indie/ digital games making it that much more easier to grab up gs. My friend has played most of them that has been coming out lately and it seems only 1 title took him over 3 hours to k.

So between all the easy 360 games and now these indie titles ,100k is not what it was.

100k was alot, but now that all xbone games, even indie/arcade, are being released with full 1K gamerscores, and alot of those arcade games are easy to get the full thousand, 100k is not going to be such a difficult thing to obtain any more

Depends on what type of gamer you are though.

I was stuck on like 40k and 60k for a year each, because all I did was play online games (MW2, MW3, Halo, etc...) and got 0 achiemvents while I played

Reason I don't touch games with very hard achievements like the Lost Planets or Ninja Gaiden is because I have a horrible anger problem and games tend to piss me off to no end if I'm constantly dying. I can't help it, lol. I don't want to break another controller just to try and complete a game.

Im like you on the difficulty thing. My family sometimes even think im crazy when they hear me rage... Sometimes its because of online play, like a spammer in a fighting game or a person playing douchy in a shooter but most of the time its because of huge difficulty offline.

Of course i know myself, i try to not go for hard modes too much. Sure i know i won't get completion but then i don't think its worth the throat hurting and all lol. When it comes to NG, i know i will just do it on easy or normal, and i will never even attempt to do the hard path... i know its impossible(for me) to get it, as i don't have the skill in that kind of game nor the patience.

On the other hand. I could tolerate games like COD on veteran because you could advance slowly, doing 1 mission here and there and it always saved nicely. But even that i couldn't keep up with the franchise as they release too much COD lol. I was still doing MW2 while Black Ops 1 was released... so eventually i stoped doing them... I rather enjoy games i have not yet played. Thats why i don't take the completion % too seriously.

When it comes to GOW, im a huge fan, there is only 1 game every 2 year or more and i play ons of it online, so it was alway more incentive to want to complete them...

On the other hand, i love the FEAR games, yet i didn't played that much of them online, and i knew from the get go i wouldn't do them 5 times each... i don't think i have more than 500 GS in any of them.. yet im satisfy, i had fun with those games.

I've completed all the Gears games but I didn't really think they were technically hard, just time consuming.

This i don't agree that much. Sure they where not as hard as some like NG but you need a lot of dedication to complete a GOW game. The line is thin between time consuming and hard, but i would say peoples where lucky EPIC helped them a bit for some achievements, like the lev 100 in GOW2 by those huge XP thing they gave at the end... GOW in general beside Seriously 3.0 to me is the perfect achievement playlist, cause it takes time, skills, yet if your not the most skillfull player you can still do it, it only takes way more time. A person with every achievements show he is one true Gearhead, but it was not either almost impossible to do like lets say that achievement in resident evil code veronica x on xbox, where you have to play the whole game perfectly... As much as im a fan of that game and love it, i don't have the patience to learn it completely to do it in less than 3 hours, save just once and not use sprays.. It mean playing this game everyday til you know every room, wheree every ennemie is, and still be lucky to not get wasted on a bullshit.

Also I in no way shape or form am not going to buy a game from a developer who won't get their crap together and fix glitched achievements or unobtainables with a simple patch to unlock offline. Should be able to get all achievements in a game no matter how old

I agree that its really frustrating when an achievement is glitched. I think the fault tough lies on MS that should force compagnies to either fix the achievement or just make it pop when you insert the CD to compensate. Sadly its not the case, but personally im not going to miss on a good game because of that.

I recently bough Gothic 4 Arcania. I loved Risen and it totally is my kind of game. Im sure ill have tons of fun with it, but i know the game has glitched achievements. It sucks, but the fun i will have with that game is gonna compensate. Again i supose not aiming for the 1000 in every game does help me get over that more easily.

For those who are not necessarily going for achievements I think its an astounding accomplishment. But even for those of us who "Hunt" for them, its still a good way to keep playing games and strive to do better on the things we normally wouldn't pay much attention to.

This i don't agree that much. Sure they where not as hard as some like NG but you need a lot of dedication to complete a GOW game. The line is thin between time consuming and hard, but i would say peoples where lucky EPIC helped them a bit for some achievements, like the lev 100 in GOW2 by those huge XP thing they gave at the end... GOW in general beside Seriously 3.0 to me is the perfect achievement playlist, cause it takes time, skills, yet if your not the most skillfull player you can still do it, it only takes way more time. A person with every achievements show he is one true Gearhead, but it was not either almost impossible to do like lets say that achievement in resident evil code veronica x on xbox

I've always hated the achievements in GoW, especially the first. Don't get me wrong, I loved the story on all 3 games and even beat the second one on Insanity, but they seem to favour multiplayer way too much and always take forever to get.

However, I'm literally the worst player ever at GoW (:p) and struggled to get even a single kill in a match and I hate having to resort to boosting, so there's no hope of me ever completing one. Strangely, I seem to bepretty good at Mass Effect, even though they have the same engine and play in a similar way.

Anyway, even though they're ridiculously hard and time consuming I'd still rather have them on my gamercard than some easy kid's game/movie tie in. Of course I have a few exceptions, but I generally try and avoid really easy games as I want to actually be proud of my gamercad when (or if) I reach 100,000 gamerscore, which will almost entirely consist of games that I enjoyed.