DLC Achievement Guide

theshieguy

Thank you for this. I was really frustrated over the face-melters achievement because I didn't realize it was DLC only. I bought the 3 Metallica songs you suggested, played them on easy (because I suck at guitar) and it finally popped! You've helped me a lot with this game in general.

• 3 months later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-rmxYQ==.jpgShameless Self-Promotion - Download and play three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it. 15:gsicon:

Bonus songs from Rock Band 1 with Harmonix team members in it (like “Pleasure (Pleasure)”) will NOT unlock this achievement. Regular Rock Band DLC, the RB2 20-free pack and Rock Band Network songs, however (like “Push Push [Lady Lightning]” DO count toward this achievement.

I downloaded the RB2 20-pack yesterday, yet the goal is not showing up in RB3. What songs from the 20-pack are supposed to count for this?

EDIT: Ok, I found and played "Like A Fool" by Shaimus, but the goal is still not showing up. :(

Edited by TakkunEG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I downloaded the RB2 20-pack yesterday, yet the goal is not showing up in RB3. What songs from the 20-pack are supposed to count for this?

EDIT: Ok, I found and played "Like A Fool" by Shaimus, but the goal is still not showing up. :(

The shameless self promotion achievement is a little misleading too. To get it, you have to have at least 3 of the songs on the list up top in your library, but you can unlock it by playing the other songs.

The same rules apply to the Dave grohl band (I played I think I'm paranoid and unlocked it because I had a lot of foo fighters content)

• 2 weeks later...
*If you are a player in Australia or another region and "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" and "Promised Land" are unavailable to download, you can make a separate U.S. Xbox Live account to download the unavailable songs. The songs will work on your main Xbox Live account for this achievement*

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I can confirm both of these songs are available for Australian Xbox Live members (and are both free):

Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)

Promised Land

I just picked this game up on the cheap, so thanks to theshieguy for the guide!

• 1 year later...