perhaps to actually have some meaning to your post you would have put in how long it took you to beat the game

Didn't think I would need to clarify my meaning but here goes.

The previous game (Earth Defense Force 2017) had over 50 missions, while this game (Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon) has only 15 mission that I know of. It only took a few hours to beat.

My questioning was to inquire into the possibility that if the game is played on a harder difficulty are more missions played since the game ended quite abruptly.

you still didnt really clarify yes the first game had a lot of missions however it didnt take more than 6-8hrs on normal

My questioning was to inquire into the possibility that if the game is played on a harder difficulty are more missions played since the game ended quite abruptly.

How is that not enough clarity?

The first game (in the US anyway) had something like 54 missions I believe, but many of them were easily cleared in 1-2 minutes on max difficulty, even discounting the "tactical nuke gun", can't remember the name of it, that you got for beating inferno difficulty. The first mission set to normal on the new game was about as long as the first 10-12 missions combined on the old one, and they all seem to be a lot longer than anything from the original. It probably adds up to more time in missions, if you don't count collecting all the weapons in the original, which my wife and I never managed to do, even with something like 120 hours played...still missing two, heh.

I doubt it, but you still havent clairified anything. See a couple is 2 a few can be as little as 3-4 SO why are you making it so hard and just say how many hours it took to complete the game?

My question has nothing to do with how long it took me to beat it. But since it seems to be so important to you, it took me about 3 hours to beat solo on normal. Did coop with a friend and we got to chapter 3 in about and hour and a half on normal as well.

I doubt it, but you still havent clairified anything. See a couple is 2 a few can be as little as 3-4 SO why are you making it so hard and just say how many hours it took to complete the game?

Don't take this personal but you are the only one in this thread that are making it harder on OP. If you have played EDF 2017 then you know the answer. This game is obviously more longer than EDF 2017. It took me and my two friends 15 to 30 mins per mission in Normal for Chapter 1. So there is 5 missions in 3 Chapters. He might that it felt a bit shorter in EDF:IA than EDF:2017 in story-wise but I disagreed.

EDF2017 had 53 missions. But, some could be completed in less than 2 minutes.

The levels in EDFIA are much longer, and feel more epic in scope.

I wish their were more levels, but considering the variance in armor types and difficulties, I'm not worrying about it. Plus, there's the survival mode and I believe Vicious Cycle has some DLC planned as well.

Just to let you know about the original post.

The game has a different ending when you beat it on the other two difficulties. So I guess in a way there is plenty of levels just you get to play through them again for slightly more. Besides this game ROCKS!

I wish their were more levels, but considering the variance in armor types and difficulties, I'm not worrying about it. Plus, there's the survival mode and I believe Vicious Cycle has some DLC planned as well.

As far as DLC goes, take this for what it's worth:

The DLC that came with orders at Best Buy and GameStop will most likely be available later for everyone else....not sure exactly when though.

I believe D3 will also be putting out EDF avatar packs too.

With regards to DLC, I have to be honest, it's all about sales and interest in the title. It's economics.

That being said, I would like to get you guys some maps with new creatures. I think a Godzilla like creature would be at the top of our list. We also had thought about some giant scorpions that didn't make it in the final version. The other thing I would also like to see is a final boss fight against the mothership.

I will do my part to let the powers that be at D3 know there is interest, but I can only do so much. Fingers crossed that sales are up from 2017. That is check box one in order for something like this to occur.

I'll keep people posted moving forward on this subject when and if I find out something new.

Eric Peterson, President and CEO, Vicious Cycle

From what I've read one major reason to playing on the higher difficulty settings is getting higher ranks (leveling up) as you are restricted to the max rank that you can achieve depending on which difficulty setting that you're playing on.

Normal - Up to Rank 5.

Hard - Up to Rank 7.

Inferno - Up to Rank 8.

So, if you want to continue ranking up your armor then you'll need to play the game at the higher difficulty settings. Also, this will unlock the higher weapon tiers (past Tier 5). Also, as one of the previous posters stated....you, also, get different endings for completing the game on Hard and Inferno as well.

Edited by Wurd77

The only differenance I can find is the ending, they talk more in inferno.

Spoiler Below:

OPS said she love lighting in the end of inferno ( I am speechless

Edited by Method

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of banging on about how it isn't clear, just fricken' answer the damned question. Man, well I wouldn't know, but I was just checking if I should cancel the rental on this, but meh it seems good enough so I'll kepp it on the list :D

Well in reality EDF 2017 only had about 6 or 7 maps repeated over and over again.

Yeah. You just stared in a different area with different mobs. Tho it was the same. that was the downside with 2017. short levels and few locations.

Few missions in the first one did take longer then 5 min as some of the weapons where very OP.

Here they are longer, but with map variations. Yes I hoped for a bigger ending. loved the last level in 2017. Here it was okay I guess. But I had hoped for something bigger.

But there is the campaign remix mode. Play that instead. Same objectives. But I got tickers, wasps, gunships, carriers and a large hector on the first level along with ants. Good way to grind the 10K kills and to get more XP to level. 3-3 in remix mode worked wonders for my XP.

They should do a bunch of underground levels set in the New Detroit subway system, of course im assuming it has one. Also would be nice to see some countryside levels, as they were my fave, but im still happy with the game the way it is for £25.

With you on that one, Some of my favorite levels were the underground tunnels on the first one (fingers crossed they put some as DLC)