I'm thiss close to HATING BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX...

so i am (or was) an avid borderlands fan who beat the game, beat the zombie island, trying to beat mad moxxie, beat general knoxx, and finally, trying to beat the robot revolution. im a lvl 48, but was playing the playthrough 1 dlcs (i wanna beat everything on playthrough 1 first!).

Anyways, i beat crawmerax (with some help, of course) who was really hard... the problem is, that the game detects that u beat him and all missions' and enemies' (in the latest dlc) levels will scale up to the level 60s-62s!!!!! IM A LEVEL 48!!!!! and now, im just playing this dlc by myself! i do have a modded shield if anyone asks, but i always try to avoid using it! even if i do use the modded shield, i dont want EVERY SINGLE ENEMY to be a mini crawmerax! i just wish that they put a warning of some sort in the dlcs that explained that everything will scale up wen u beat crawmerax! anyways, im just really pissed! i hav to resort to something i really hate, and nvr done before: power leveling (and some grinding) just to reach the lvl 60s and finally beat the dlc.

so i am (or was) an avid borderlands fan who beat the game, beat the zombie island, trying to beat mad moxxie, beat general knoxx, and finally, trying to beat the robot revolution. im a lvl 48, but was playing the playthrough 1 dlcs (i wanna beat everything on playthrough 1 first!).

Anyways, i beat crawmerax (with some help, of course) who was really hard... the problem is, that the game detects that u beat him and all missions' and enemies' (in the latest dlc) levels will scale up to the level 60s-62s!!!!! IM A LEVEL 48!!!!! and now, im just playing this dlc by myself! i do have a modded shield if anyone asks, but i always try to avoid using it! even if i do use the modded shield, i dont want EVERY SINGLE ENEMY to be a mini crawmerax! i just wish that they put a warning of some sort in the dlcs that explained that everything will scale up wen u beat crawmerax! anyways, im just really pissed! i hav to resort to something i really hate, and nvr done before: power leveling (and some grinding) just to reach the lvl 60s and finally beat the dlc.

Switch it to 1st playthrough. I beat the dlc with my friend 2nd playthrough and everything was lvl 57 to 59 and we already beat crawmerax.

Hate yourself. Don't throw a tantrum on a public forum. That is one of the known triggers for scaling in Knoxx, but I'm not sure how well that is known outside of GBX forums where EVERYBODY knew about it.

Anyhow, it's quite obviously your fault. You decided to try to beat Crawmerax at a low level, and if you had done some research you might have learned about it. Gearbox has stated the designated "triggers" for scaling in Knoxx. If you hadn't tried to beat him at a low level (and succeeded) you wouldn't be screwed up. The scaling occurs because GBX obviously expects you to be at around level 61 when you attempt to take it down.

Now you screwed yourself over. Either go back to Playthrough 1 and grind, or give up a game that you find fun because of your own screw up. Your choice.

Hate yourself. Don't throw a tantrum on a public forum. That is one of the known triggers for scaling in Knoxx, but I'm not sure how well that is known outside of GBX forums where EVERYBODY knew about it.

Anyhow, it's quite obviously your fault. You decided to try to beat Crawmerax at a low level, and if you had done some research you might have learned about it. Gearbox has stated the designated "triggers" for scaling in Knoxx. If you hadn't tried to beat him at a low level (and succeeded) you wouldn't be screwed up. The scaling occurs because GBX obviously expects you to be at around level 61 when you attempt to take it down.

Now you screwed yourself over. Either go back to Playthrough 1 and grind, or give up a game that you find fun because of your own screw up. Your choice.

You were nice about it. I was gonna say "Serves you right for using a modded shield. Cheating comes back to bite you in the ass!", but your version pretty much says the same thing. :D

start up playthrough #2, get far enough to get fast travel and go right to the DLCs you want to beat. You will find their level sin playthrough 2 to be right where you need them to be. You screwed yourself over with the DLC on your playthrough 1 profile..just forget about it there.

I thought they disabled all the modded shields/guns from the game with a patch?

Nope...funny enough I was waiting for a modder to join my game to kill Crawmerax so I could get the 100% cheeb. Sure enough, the first 69 to join my game jumped on the elevator with me. Went up to Crawmerax, and within a few seconds he was blind and down to like 75%, about 30 seconds later was dead. I let the dude loot whatever he wanted. I got a new shield and pistol out of the deal. After that I kicked him, turned in quest cheeb popped.

Sad thing is it's a double edged sword. If it wasn't for modders I probably would have one hell of a time downing him, because it actually takes coordination and know-how to some extent. However, without modders, I bet that finding a group to down Crawmerax would be a lot easier, since the only way to do it is legit, and many people would still enjoy doing runs.

Anyways one can only hope they fix it for BL2, or else I know I won't be getting it. I find that the time I've been playing, most of it has been solo. Not because of lack of trying, because the people that join my game, were either ridiculously higher level, or modders. Currently I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 more than anything else. Will satisfy my dungeon crawler needs, and be co-op online multiplayer. Can't wait! I'm sure that will be out or rather ported to XBLA long before we even get a trailer for BL2.

Nope...funny enough I was waiting for a modder to join my game to kill Crawmerax so I could get the 100% cheeb. Sure enough, the first 69 to join my game jumped on the elevator with me. Went up to Crawmerax, and within a few seconds he was blind and down to like 75%, about 30 seconds later was dead. I let the dude loot whatever he wanted. I got a new shield and pistol out of the deal. After that I kicked him, turned in quest cheeb popped.

Sad thing is it's a double edged sword. If it wasn't for modders I probably would have one hell of a time downing him, because it actually takes coordination and know-how to some extent. However, without modders, I bet that finding a group to down Crawmerax would be a lot easier, since the only way to do it is legit, and many people would still enjoy doing runs.]

Anyways one can only hope they fix it for BL2, or else I know I won't be getting it. I find that the time I've been playing, most of it has been solo. Not because of lack of trying, because the people that join my game, were either ridiculously higher level, or modders. Currently I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 more than anything else. Will satisfy my dungeon crawler needs, and be co-op online multiplayer. Can't wait! I'm sure that will be out or rather ported to XBLA long before we even get a trailer for BL2.

Same thing I was thinking.. Its sorta rediculous how it is now

Sad thing is it's a double edged sword. If it wasn't for modders I probably would have one hell of a time downing him, because it actually takes coordination and know-how to some extent. However, without modders, I bet that finding a group to down Crawmerax would be a lot easier, since the only way to do it is legit, and many people would still enjoy doing runs.

Same thing I was thinking.. Its sorta rediculous how it is now

• 4 months later...

Lol U jelly?

• 2 weeks later...
Switch it to 1st playthrough. I beat the dlc with my friend 2nd playthrough and everything was lvl 57 to 59 and we already beat crawmerax.

I beat Craw in Playthrough 2 and it didn't change Claptrap for me. But once I beat him in Playthrough 1, everything went to Level 60. Which helps because I needed somewhere to get decent XP.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if people wanna use modded equipment in their own game, that's their perrogative. i really don't see how it affects your gameplay. if you're gonna whine about certain shit, make your game private & invite people to your liking. it's a lot easier to have the people u wanna play with join a party & coordinate.

i swear u people complain about the dumbest shit like a bunch of little girls...most of the women i deal with in life don't even bitch this much about such fickle things.

All this has make me realize of something. After all this time, I don´t have a friking clue of what is a modded shield, seriously. And everybody talks about them like if you find them laying on the floor.

Anyhow, I got to agree with Ice Car and the alikes (except for the "hate yourself" and attitude, but those are the internet ways), you cheat, now the game is biting you, your fault pal.

Hate Gearbox whatever you want, but they do care for user more than lots of other developers (without being saints, that´s obvious).