Defeating the bloody long-haired creature in Ch.10

ImaginaryRuins

This achievement needs not be done on NG+; instead, it is possible on 1st playthrough on Survivalist, even without any weapon upgrades. However, be prepared to use a lot of parts and Explosive Bolts.

Starting from Chapter 8, try to conserve trap parts. You should accumulate around 40 parts and full matches before entering the fight.

Along the way to the firey room before the elevator, there are several mines on the walls. Always try to disarm them as the parts allow you to craft three or four more Explosive Bolts.

Also, always look for pipes that have hints of fire in the ceiling; they can be triggered to release fire to burn the monster. Shoot the trigger just when the monster is below the pipe opening to release fire onto her.

When there are corpses and you see blood bubbling from them, it is the signal that the monster is spawning. Go to the corpse, and just when it appears, press B to burn the corpse AND the monster. Of course, you can also lure her near a corpse and time her approach to burn the corpse and her as well.

The most tedious part is firing Explosive parts onto the monster. She tends to teleport when aiming the crossbow at her. The 'safe' moments to shoot her is right after she makes a pounce grab attack, or when she is turning around a corner/pillar slowly. Try to land all bolts onto her to deal the maximum damage to her.

In the end, it took me 4 matches, all but one fire pipes, and around 16 Explosive bolts, just enough to kill her.

16 explosive bolts!! Are you freakin' kiddin' me?? I mean, I'm a little pissed she's even alive after the asskicking you give her in a previous chapter. I'm halfway through chapter 9 right now and am sure I won't have the supplies to kill her in chapter 10. Haven't upgraded a single thing (for achievement reasons) so I'll do it on NG+ me thinks. :)

16 explosive bolts!! Are you freakin' kiddin' me?? I mean, I'm a little pissed she's even alive after the asskicking you give her in a previous chapter. I'm halfway through chapter 9 right now and am sure I won't have the supplies to kill her in chapter 10. Haven't upgraded a single thing (for achievement reasons) so I'll do it on NG+ me thinks. :)

Tell me about it, trying to get all collectibles first run, on Survival mode and no upgrades but THIS BITCH cockblocks me all the way. At least we can kill her with upgrades using a separate save but for the collectibles they have to wait on NG+ cause you only get the one key next to the elevator if you kill that hoe.

Edit: Just beat that bitch on my very first run on Survival difficulty without any upgrades (got 195900 Gel banked). Didn't do it with all my ammo of course, not enough but the bossfight parkour is very long and you can harm her from the beginning all the way to the end with the pipe/fire opportunities. Of course I didn't think I could do it but I had to try it out haha, it works and can be done!

Here is what I used ONLY (had nothing else left):

- 3 explosive bolts

- 10 shotgun rounds

- 10 sniper bullets

- 5 matches/burned dead bodies

- all the pipes/fires from the very first opportunity (kept pistol rounds just for that)

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

I just used every shootable pipe along the way to the final room. Once I reached there used the stun bolt to hold her in place, then ran a distance and hit her with rockets. Stun bolt helps a lot as normally when you get distance enough to shoot her with a rocket she'll warp over to you and cause the rockets splash damage to kill yourself.

Hey Dirty130...off topic question, since you play this on 360 and One: do you notice the lighting on 360 is really bad at times? Like if you move a few steps forward an entire area will light up, or go through a door, or window etc and everything becomes visible. Is it like that on the One as well? I'm guessing it's either poor quality because it's 360, or it's meant to be that way to add tension.

Yeah, the 360 version's lighting isn't anywhere near as good as what the One displays. Also, the 360 version is generally much darker too. Things don't just light up like the way you mentioned on One. Though, really it kinda adds more tension when you can't see 8 feet in front of you. :eek:

She's susceptible to Shock Bolts which'll hold her in place just like anyone else, That'll be useful for going to town on her.

A lot of people are suggesting they had to use all the fire traps, so maybe she's technically unkillable until the final room?

Lewie's post with the rocket launcher seems to suggest otherwise though.

She's susceptible to Shock Bolts which'll hold her in place just like anyone else, That'll be useful for going to town on her.

A lot of people are suggesting they had to use all the fire traps, so maybe she's technically unkillable until the final room?

Lewie's post with the rocket launcher seems to suggest otherwise though.

sorry I forgot to mention I killed her in final area. I actually shot multiple rockets 5 or so and she didn't die in final area she died in 2 rockets

Sounds dirty

Not dirty; strategy. Besides, facing such being, I'd rather think about running away or killing her than anything else.

I thought fire-related weapons were the only things that could damage it. Glad to know that bullets and melee can help as well.

I thought fire-related weapons were the only things that could damage it. Glad to know that bullets and melee can help as well.

Yeah, when that angry bitch is on fire, be sure to land some melee strikes! If not just for the plain old fun of it. I found trashtalking her when she's on fire also helps. :p

• 3 months later...

I just defeated her with pipe fire, matches on spawn points with dead bodies, and the rocket launcher..... the achievement popped.

Then I went to get the key in the restricted area that you only get access to if you kill her. I got the key.....guess what ..... the elevator isn't on my floor and I'm stuck in that section (glitched).

There was nothing I could do to continue the chapter. So I reloaded the checkpoint and killed her again, get the key, and no elevator. :mad:

So to continue the game I had to let her live and the elevator cutscene popped.

Now I need play that chapter again and kill her for the key.... hope the elevators there.

• 1 month later...
Not dirty; strategy. Besides, facing such being, I'd rather think about running away or killing her than anything else.

I don't think you understood him. It was a joke. He meant keeping Laura in place to go to town on her was dirty. As in sex. Which is pretty creepy if you ask me, but hey, to each his own :(

Edited by Asturgis

I don't think you understood him. It was a joke. He meant keeping Laura in place to go to town on her was dirty. As in sex. Which is pretty creepy if you ask me, but hey, to each his own :(

I see. Sorry, English isn't my mother tongue so I don't think I truly understand subtle messages behind words sometimes.

Now I need play that chapter again and kill her for the key.... hope the elevators there.

Good luck. If not, I guess you may need to reinstall the game.

• 5 weeks later...

If it´s just for the key, there is no need in killing her on your first no gel run.

You get 2 extra keys in the lockers by random so you can skip at least 1 key on your run and still get the achievement for opening all lockers.

Killing her regardless seems to be a nice challenge, so if you are in to such things have fun ... but you do not need to ;)

• 3 months later...
i agree playing on second playthrough much easier with rocket launcher unlucky for me used all my rockets on second playthrough doing speedrun for finishing under 5 hours, but managed to do it with explosive bolts and fire bolts

Worked for me, still took a lot of rockets to finish her off on NG+, speed run through (5 hours), easiest difficulty..:eek:

• 2 years later...