Merciless - Stomp 5 People Easily

ourobouros

I did this after finishing the game, it likely can be done on any enemy.

I flashbacked to chapter 2. When you get to the point where you get the message about the shotgun collar (where the other guy with the shotgun collar is trying to kill you, after you try to go into the janitor's closet and pighead attacks you).

What i found to be most effective, was to get back so that you aren't going to run into the wall. Hold right on the left stick while doing uppercuts on the enemy with the shotgun collar. As long as you don't get caught on the wall you should knock him down right before the hit that will kill him.

I think that you should be able to do this on any enemy, just hold right on the stick while doing uppercuts, i think it has something to do with hitting them in the side or back, which can be accomplished this way.

Worked 5/6 times.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my best luck on amanda 1-11. There is a guy who climbs a ladder and smashes a door. He will run turn and stop for a second. If you run up to him hold LT+X to uppercutm you will knock him to the ground about 1-7 tries. I got the achievement in about 5 min after taking about 1 hour to figure it out. FU CK THAT ACHIEVEMENT!:woop:

Ok, the easiest place to do this is in the cemetery. there is a checkpoint right before and two minions. best way to do it is run as fast as you can to the fight below you. the guy with the bat will knock down the unarmed guy. curb stomp him. then pick up a weapon and hopefully you can knock down the other one, press LB to drop the weapon and curb stomp him. you should get at least one crack at a curb stomp per try. you should be able to finish this in less than 10 tries. hope this helps, as this is an annoying achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest doing what the OP explains, but then go a little further into that level. Right after you retrieve the steam vent wheel, the game will checkpoint and two thugs without collars will come looking for you. Run out to punch them to death. The second guy will not engage you while you are fighting the first. 1 in about 3-4 fights I was able to knock a guy down just spamming uppercuts. The nice part about this is once the two thugs are gone, just reload the last checkpoint. You can get loads of fights in a short period of time this way. I think I got my 5 stomps in fewer than 5 minutes.

Good luck!

-Ren

I suggest doing what the OP explains, but then go a little further into that level. Right after you retrieve the steam vent wheel, the game will checkpoint and two thugs without collars will come looking for you. Run out to punch them to death. The second guy will not engage you while you are fighting the first. 1 in about 3-4 fights I was able to knock a guy down just spamming uppercuts. The nice part about this is once the two thugs are gone, just reload the last checkpoint. You can get loads of fights in a short period of time this way. I think I got my 5 stomps in fewer than 5 minutes.

Good luck!

-Ren

Hi, which level is this again please?

Ok, the easiest place to do this is in the cemetery. there is a checkpoint right before and two minions. best way to do it is run as fast as you can to the fight below you. the guy with the bat will knock down the unarmed guy. curb stomp him. then pick up a weapon and hopefully you can knock down the other one, press LB to drop the weapon and curb stomp him. you should get at least one crack at a curb stomp per try. you should be able to finish this in less than 10 tries. hope this helps, as this is an annoying achievement.

This is a way easier way. Sometimes the bat enemy will come at you but I managed to get the achievement pretty quickly. This area is good for getting the "1st kill with fire" one as well.

I'm 0 for 10 using the OP's method. :confused:

=EDIT= Ok. The OP's method is awful. I am holding right on the left stick and uppercutting and killing him. He has not gone down yet. What gives?

=EDIT 2= I followed the directions of Rengrave and got the achievement shortly afterwords.

Edited by montrossity

Ok, the op has a good method of getting it, however I would like to make a few additions on how to be achieving it.

When you get through the door, and get the blurb on screen about the shotgun collars, hang left on top of the small set of steps down, and now hold lt and x when he is close, being your higher than him you have a better chance of knocking him straight down.

Hope this helps anyone else having issues with it.

kind Regards D.

What I did was using the checkpoint right before the graveyard. If you turn off the flashlight before leaving the red room, and drop any weapon you have in there, the guy standing in the next room usually dont notice you if you run over the board and behind him. Then he's easy to knock down and stomp. And if he notices you, just chase after him and knock him down after the stairs.

I guess this tip only applies if you play on insane, cos the collar guys are bitches to kill, and this way you don't have to deal with him. Am I the only one that played on insane btw? :p I didnt just wanna rush through and getting done with the game asap, rather wanted it to be a challenge and take my time with it (and I was drunk when I started it :D)

this is the last achievement i have to get and its the most frustrating one ever. 99% of the times no matter what i use the minion doesnt go down untill he is dead....... this is gonna take time cause the other 1 % when he does go down i miss the minigame combo you need to do to finish the move lol

this is the last achievement i have to get and its the most frustrating one ever. 99% of the times no matter what i use the minion doesnt go down untill he is dead....... this is gonna take time cause the other 1 % when he does go down i miss the minigame combo you need to do to finish the move lol

lol glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling with this achievement then! It drove me mad! I did what other people said and went to the graveyard/courtyard place and watched those 2 guys beat each other up, then when one of them falls, run over and finish him before he gets up....the amount of times I ran over and pressed the button combination of LT+X only to find he air punched instead was unbelieveable! During one of my "stomping minigames" I got interrupted by the other guy so it didn't count. This is a very annoying achievement. lol.

yep, i am the same, have found a spot in 6-5 where i can do straight and fight someone, and every single time he goes down without being knocked out. in 50 fights (at start of 6-2) and here, i have managed 1 stomp. and only 3 times even having the option to stomp.

not using any weapons, trying XXXX hits and AAA hits. very frustrating :(

yep, i am the same, have found a spot in 6-5 where i can do straight and fight someone, and every single time he goes down without being knocked out. in 50 fights (at start of 6-2) and here, i have managed 1 stomp. and only 3 times even having the option to stomp.

not using any weapons, trying XXXX hits and AAA hits. very frustrating :(

It is. Try doing it on Chapter 3 when you get to the part where 2 guys are fighting each other outside. That's where I did it, and others have too. It still takes a while, but atleast you have 2 guys to try it on rather than just one! lol.

Luckily it's only "stomp 5 people" and not "stomp 20 people" because that would've been way more frustrating!