Free DLC on Xbox Live! (The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles)

Hawaiian

Free DLC (Gold Membership required) for "The Gunstringer":

The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (FREE)

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/6d7654cc-13c1-4bb4-b857-6b3497eead3b/1033/banner.png

This completely live-action interactive shooter features Wavy Tube Man Jr., who has stolen a time machine to prevent his father’s death at the hands of the Gunstringer. Shot on location with classic western and futuristic sets, this DLC pack features quick-drawing cowboys, heavily armed future warriors, and a final showdown against Wavy Tube Man Jr. himself. Players use Kinect-based targeting, shooting, and more to chase the villain through time, the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

[File Size:1.94 GB]

Free DLC (Gold Membership required) for "The Gunstringer":

The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles (FREE)

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/6d7654cc-13c1-4bb4-b857-6b3497eead3b/1033/banner.png

This completely live-action interactive shooter features Wavy Tube Man Jr., who has stolen a time machine to prevent his father’s death at the hands of the Gunstringer. Shot on location with classic western and futuristic sets, this DLC pack features quick-drawing cowboys, heavily armed future warriors, and a final showdown against Wavy Tube Man Jr. himself. Players use Kinect-based targeting, shooting, and more to chase the villain through time, the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

[File Size:1.94 GB]

Dam that is one hefty DLC but its free so that's good. Can't wait to get the game.

There are no achievements for this nearly 2 GB add-on. The entire piece is a live-action B movie shoot out that plays somewhat similar to the light gun arcade cabinet games like Area 51 and Virtua Cop with a Jack Black "Be Kind Rewind" self-made home movie blockbuster style. You play a series of scenes where you must quick draw a shot on enemies before they get the drop on you. Most of the encounters are you vs a single actor at a time. Even sections where there are more than one enemy on the screen you only fight/shoot at them one at a time. The challenge (if any exits) comes from not shooting innocents. The acting is laughably bad and the script is even worse, but it does have that Twisted Pixel charm that makes you believe they grabbed a couple of handi-cams from the studio and put the entire thing together over a weekend trip just to blow off some steam.

Hmm... well... it's free. It certainly isn't going to be a game changer. It is unique in that the entire thing is live action footage that you interact with. It is entertaining to play through once, just for the Twisted Pixel style of humor and jokes. The home made backyard quality does give it its' charm and immediately tells you not to take the add-on seriously, ... at all. Basically, if you would of had to pay for this a lot of people would be VERY upset.

The Download Content menu seems to just have a button to redownload the file at top-left and another button at bottom-right to view all DLC (trailers, etc.). I'm specifically looking for how to launch the DLC once I have downloaded it.

UPDATE:

The file hadn't downloaded correctly. Downloading it again now.

Edited by eastx

There are no achievements for this nearly 2 GB add-on. The entire piece is a live-action B movie shoot out that plays somewhat similar to the light gun arcade cabinet games like Area 51 and Virtua Cop with a Jack Black "Be Kind Rewind" self-made home movie blockbuster style. You play a series of scenes where you must quick draw a shot on enemies before they get the drop on you. Most of the encounters are you vs a single actor at a time. Even sections where there are more than one enemy on the screen you only fight/shoot at them one at a time. The challenge (if any exits) comes from not shooting innocents. The acting is laughably bad and the script is even worse, but it does have that Twisted Pixel charm that makes you believe they grabbed a couple of handi-cams from the studio and put the entire thing together over a weekend trip just to blow off some steam.

Looks like someones never played Mad Dog McCree. It's closer to that than any of the games you mentioned.

The Download Content menu seems to just have a button to redownload the file at top-left and another button at bottom-right to view all DLC (trailers, etc.). I'm specifically looking for how to launch the DLC once I have downloaded it.

UPDATE:

The file hadn't downloaded correctly. Downloading it again now.

Same thing happened to me. Were you able to launch it? I've downloaded it twice now, but it's still only giving me the redownload option when I hover over the button.

Same thing happened to me. Were you able to launch it? I've downloaded it twice now, but it's still only giving me the redownload option when I hover over the button.

Yeah, I redownloaded it outside of the game and that fixed it. Now when I go to the Downloadable Content menu in the game, there's a button for launching The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles that wasn't there before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah its good fun and hopefully proof that games like House of the dead and Virtua Cop should come to Kinect. Either put all HOTD games and VC games on disc or release them over XBLA.

now those games bring back memories! i would love for HOTD to come out!

in fact, my friend & i played HOTD while waiting to see, happy gilmour & beautiful girls at the theatre. great times :)