5) Shard 1

Playground 3 and Shard 1 were very close

Top 3 Speedruns:

1) The Boat (7)

2) The Shard (9)

3) Heat (3)

The Boat and The Shard were very close as well

Edited by dakisbac

Imo Actino Rise isn't that hard, it's just different because instead of going straight ahead like on most courses you're going up a lot of the time, so it take some more practice. I would make a top 5 myself if it hasn't been a long time since I last played the game, and I don't remember which were the hardest for me. I only remember me not liking both the Shard levels so much :p

Also, am I the only one who didn't have trouble with the Shard speedrun? I died once and still made it. In the server room you just have to take your time instead of going straight for every enemy and you're fine.

I agree with your Time Trial picks, as those (plus Atrium 2) are the ones I only managed two stars on.

For the Speedruns, I'd throw Jacknife (2) in there, as it isn't too hard overall, but it is quite long and very easy to screw up near the end. Restarting the stage after 9-10 minutes is a pain in the ass.

I didn't have any problems with Heat (3), but I know some people have. The Boat (7) isn't too tough once you get past the guards at the beginning, and The Shard (9) is just annoying.

I dunno what it is with Heat, I can own all the individual pieces of it (and together, I think there were 3 time trials from it, all 3 starred) but it took forever to out it all together. Jacknife I got on my first try actually, it's long yes, but I didn't fuck up enough times/majorly enough to warrant a restart.

What pissed me off was the I owned the train level (chapter 4?) and beat my friends' top score by over a minute (beating the cutoff by over a minute and a half) then EA online just randomly discnnected and when I rebeat it, I beat the cutoff by 2 seconds.

What do you think?

Top 5 Time Trials:

1) Actino Rise (DLC)

2) Atrium 1

3) New Eden

4) Playground 3

5) Shard 1

Playground 3 and Shard 1 were very close

Top 3 Speedruns:

1) The Boat (7)

2) The Shard (9)

3) Heat (3)

The Boat and The Shard were very close as well

I completely agree with the trials you listed. Shard One, New Eden, and Playground Three were the last of the retail trials I 3 starred. And Actino Rise and Atrium One are the only trials remaining that I've haven't 3 starred. Though I'd personally rank Atrium higher, only because there's so much shit to get hung up on if you don't pull off any given move just right.

The only speedruns I had to attempt more than once were chapter 2 and chapter 9. The rest I managed to finish on the first attempt.

Hardest imo

Shard 1, 2

Atrium 1, 2

Playground 3

Those 5 and Convoy 2 are the trials I never 3 starred, although for some reason I had trouble with Razzmataz.

The Actino's are not so bad once you've played them a while, they look more scary than they are.

Hardest imo

Shard 1, 2

Atrium 1, 2

Playground 3

Those 5 and Convoy 2 are the trials I never 3 starred, although for some reason I had trouble with Razzmataz.

The Actino's are not so bad once you've played them a while, they look more scary than they are.

yea convoy 2 took me awhile

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Atriums... both of them.

right now I've started from the beginning once DLC downloaded and I'm redoing every single time trial once more. I have about 30 stars after couple 2-3 hours.

I must admit that I didn't have any problems with Convoy 2.

actually I have more problems with Convoy 1, s ofar I have only 2 stars there.

I find both Cranes quite easy but there's always something that prevents me from 3 starring them, d'oh !

either way I find this game excellent. if there were only time trials I would admire the game the same. to me it's all about the time trials, they are simply perfect. I love those challenges, period.

• 1 month later...

Workin on Shard one and I think I've got the first section down...can beat the 100th record guy 1/2 the time by close to a second... my problem is that I can never seem to move very fast jumping over the first fence, I've had some luck with hitting the AC box above it, but not able to get up to the next point very fast...I've seen wall runs off the fan tower, but never been able to pull them off very fast (and Yes I am capable and use the lift legs technique to get over obstacles w/out hinderance)...then the only trouble is getting over the electric fence which kills my time. Any tips on how to get over and out of the building as fast as possible? thanks...

• 1 month later...

Hardest Time Trials (without DLC) for me:

1. Atrium One. Got 2 stars quite easy but 3 stars looks like near impossible.

2. Factory (part between 6-7 checkpoints is frustrating, still can't figure out how to do that part in easy way). Still 2 stars.

3. Atrium Two. Still 2 stars because I always screwed up in the end (last long wallrun).

Some other Time Trials like Playground Three, Shard One, New Eden are hard too but I did them all :) 66 stars! Without sidestep (speed boost), wallrun kick glitch or other glitches.

I just wonder about DLC Time Trials how hard compare with Shard One, Playground Three, Atriums. Anybody can answer my question?

Edited by sk8boy

• 2 weeks later...

I am losing my voice from yelling at Edge. I am a second over, and I don't think I'll ever get it. I only get past the stupid staircase at the beginning 1-2 tries out of 10 then I fall of the building, or fall when I jump the railing. Very annoying!! I think this will be one of the 6 courses I only get 2 stars on!

Hardest Time Trials:

1. Playground 3

2. Actino Rise

3. Atrium 2

4. Atrium 1

5. Shard 1

I only have 2 stars on these except for Shard 1 where I have 3 stars, but that was really hard to get.

Hardest Speedruns:

1. Jacknife (2)

2. The Shard (9)

3. The Boat (7)

These three were the only levels I had big problems with, New Eden were also pretty hard.

well i stopped playing this game for like 3 months.. i camr back a couple days ago to try and finish it off.

i just did chapter 7 and it only took me 3 tries. i didnt find any aspect of it hard.. surprised me cause i took a break from this games mainly cause i hated the speed runs so much.

Now i only need my 90 and chapter 9..

So i spent about 6 hours yesterday working on the shard lol. i was at the last part were you just need to jump on the helicopter with 10 seconds left! think i made the jump?

I now know that i can do it atleast.. but i have to say that the shard is imo the hardest by far. i cant wait to be done with it.

oh and i just got my 75 but i only have 74 stars.. wierd?

anyway just wanted to tell someone that i spent 6 hours on it and failed.

:edit:

2 more hours and finally did it. if you mess up outside were the snipers are, you are done.

Edited by ak74

• 3 weeks later...
Hardest Time Trials:

1. Playground 3

2. Actino Rise

3. Atrium 2

4. Atrium 1

5. Shard 1

I only have 2 stars on these except for Shard 1 where I have 3 stars, but that was really hard to get.

Now I have all 96 stars. =)

Playground 3 wasn't that hard after all, and Atrium 2 is actually easy, extremely easy if you do the "kick glitch". I definetely think that the two hardest time trials are Actino Rise and Atrium 1.

Here you can see my Atrium Two-run (I beat the 3 star-time with 8.43): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9t8EPjF0U]YouTube - Mirror's Edge - Atrium Two 51:57 (3 Stars)[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...

Just started with the time trials (quite a steep learning curve compared to the story)... I've managed to get 3 stars on Playground 1 & 2 after a few tries (well a few more for Playground 2) and then along came Playground 3. I still hate it because it is very long and you have to be absolutely precise with everything but finally I've managed to get my third star. Learned a lot about the game, which moves are fast and which are not but the most important hint that I found was 'if you get too frustrated sit back and have a cup of tea' ^_^

Just beat Edge and Arland with 3 stars, those were a breeze... Flight doesn't look too bad either. But I don't know if I'm looking forward to the harder ones mentioned in this thread...

(...)

Just beat Edge and Arland with 3 stars, those were a breeze... Flight doesn't look too bad either. But I don't know if I'm looking forward to the harder ones mentioned in this thread...

if you´re going only for the achievement, i suggest you leave some of the harder ones with only 2 stars (there´s 6 stars to spare for the dlc achievement).

still leave them for the end if you want all 96, you will be surprised of your own improvement after 3 starring a lot of tracks.

Since I refuse to create an EA-account the achievement itself willl be enough reward ;)

I think I might indeed save some of the time trials for later, depending on how hard they get. But I can already make out an increase in my running skills, e.g. timing, coil jumping, wallrun/-climb combos etc. Somehow those trials are... fun ^_^

edit: just beat New Eden with 3 stars and it was nowhere as hard as Playground 3...

Edited by Helg0r

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What i feel the reason behind everyone saying mission 2 is soo hard is because its a huge level with lots of annyoing parts like the end for example.

I kept it cool and didn't use shortcuts and DIED and still got 10:23!

I found the shard the hardest one to get.. The fact it was for under 6 minutes and i kept dying at the elevator shaft part :(

Atrium time trials were a pain in the ass :( Got 2 stars for both eventually but 3 stars would take me way to long to bother. Might get the dlc soon aswell they look awsome!

I think I might indeed save some of the time trials for later, depending on how hard they get. But I can already make out an increase in my running skills, e.g. timing, coil jumping, wallrun/-climb combos etc. Somehow those trials are... fun ^_^

I found the Stormdrains to be fun.

Edited by Explodius